UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March Thread II

It was a great game! Vermont seemed to have lost their legs by the end of the 2nd period. They way they were buzzing around in the first and second period it was just a matter of time. Congrats UML! Awesome win! Looking forward to tomorrow's game. Not sure how the team will handle BU - its going to be a tough one.
    University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
      For those of us not at the Garden tomorrow, take a drink everytime they mention Eichel when he is not on the ice or during intermission.
      We won't make it past the first 5 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        We won't make it past the first 5 minutes.
        We'll probably want to not remember the rest of the game anyways so.let's have some fun with it
        I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Any other ways we can get in without the W tomorrow?
          In short, no. I believe the best Lowell can hope for is 17th in the PWR if they lose to BU.
          Last edited by tape; 03-20-2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
            In short, no. I believe the best Lowell can hope for is 17th in the PWR if they lose to BU.
            why so negative? i say screw BU and lets win the whole thing. Make it sound like lowell doesn't have a chance. That's why they play the game. So shut up already!!!!

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...t-might-happen

Chris Dilks does good job of explaining Pairwise and remaining scenarios.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...llin-td-garden

My recap of game with quotes

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ifinal#4697792

Photo gallery via Matt Dewkett. Good shot of puck going in on Kapla goal.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...t-might-happen

Chris Dilks does good job of explaining Pairwise and remaining scenarios.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...llin-td-garden

My recap of game with quotes

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ifinal#4697792

Photo gallery via Matt Dewkett. Good shot of puck going in on Kapla goal.
                These pics are awesome. Nowhere to put a comment but, as a dabbler in photog, I really appreciated them!

Comment

Congrats... see you nexty season
                  Originally posted by Hokydad
                  Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

for the record, I'm not happy with the alumni association. They did a good amount of advert effort for the ND game watch back in November and I got 8 people to show up.

This time they did very little and it was just me and my buddy. Further the alumni office said it wasn't policy to do various things like we did for the ND game. I feel I was left hanging.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      for the record, I'm not happy with the alumni association. They did a good amount of advert effort for the ND game watch back in November and I got 8 people to show up.

This time they did very little and it was just me and my buddy. Further the alumni office said it wasn't policy to do various things like we did for the ND game. I feel I was left hanging.
                      Sounds like reversion to the old UML

Comment

Originally posted by UMLDOUG View Post
                        why so negative? i say screw BU and lets win the whole thing. Make it sound like lowell doesn't have a chance. That's why they play the game. So shut up already!!!!
                        This isn't negative. It is a statement of fact. PWR is a formula. The way all the other games played out yesterday the only way we are in is if we win everything. All the games that could have helped us went the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

That's too bad. But is it Alumni or Athletics that usually coordinates these "watch parties" as I don't know. In any case, thank you for your efforts!

One thing I've noticed is that the information on "tournament central" is good and the pre-game event is publicized but for all the new hires and other folks, I've seen a decline on "buzz creating" as I call it this year like on social media. You'll get a token Facebook post for example on the win or upcoming game but not much else. You'd expect much more with all the new bodies in Athletics. The past few years you'd see several posts a day through game end on the students on the buses, lots of pre-game venue shots, even some during game posts, and so on and all of this creates a buzz but yesterday, just preview post from earlier in the day and a post on the win after the game. Nice but prior years during tournament you'd have several more during the day. Just helps amp things up and nice to see, especially if you can't get to the tournament and helps fans experience the atmosphere.

There are a lot more opportunities for instantaneous marketing, promotion, and outreach that I think were more spot-on the past couple seasons that I just feel are lacking this season. Easy to do, just need someone to do it or the initiative.
                          Last edited by riverchief1; 03-21-2015, 08:22 AM.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLDOUG View Post
                            he wasn't being negative; he answered the precise question, which was all about math.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

For those of us not at the Garden tomorrow, take a drink everytime they mention Eichel when he is not on the ice or during intermission.
                              On second thought- are you sure he isn't on the ice for the whole game?

More subjective- a drink if they over react when he touches the puck.

(the guy is good but they are really getting ridiculous. If he touches the puck in the most normal way it is because he is so excellent)

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                                he wasn't being negative; he answered the precise question, which was all about math.
                                Yeah, pretty simple at this point unfortunately after not getting any help from anyone yesterday. Win and move on, lose and done. So it's all in the team's hands now.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X