UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March Thread II

Lowell needs 3 points this weekend to be guaranteed a 1st round bye. A split still gives them a good shot at a bye, but they'll need some help. Anything less than that, and in all likelihood we'll all be heading to Tsongas the following weekend to watch Lowell host a 1st round series.

Of course, 4 points would be even better, and big a huge boost in the Pairwise as well.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Getting out shot 14-4 in the third, I guess he thinks Lowell should have scored 4 times with their 4 SOG.
      I'm saying it seemed like Lowell had a bunch of opportunities and blew those chances. Just because BC had more shots in the 3rd doesn't mean they had better opportunities. It's not always about "statistics"..

Another thing I'd like to add. The past few games I've gone to, it seems like the team can't freaking pass a puck. Embarrassing.
      Last edited by UML Hawkey; 02-23-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Hawkey View Post
        It's not always about "statistics"..
        Well, don't let me read that. I might get angry with you if I found out.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UML Hawkey View Post
          I'm saying it seemed like Lowell had a bunch of opportunities and blew those chances. Just because BC had more shots in the 3rd doesn't mean they had better opportunities. It's not always about "statistics".
          No, but BC did have just as many chances--probably more--to win. Lowell definitely had some chances to win but you can't say they "should" have won based off the 3rd period.

Comment

Well I thought this would be a little more fun a few weeks ago but considering UML's fall from grace as well as UVM's....you guys suck...worse then us and the Cats will no doubt maybe possibly eek out a sweep, or Lowell will, or they will split...
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Any UML fans in area looking for good hockey tonight head to Chelmsford Forum (Tully) and catch Super 8 play in games tonight.

Woburn vs. Burlington preview:
              http://sbnation.com/e/7863508
              Franklin vs. Xaverian preview:
              http://sbnation.com/e/7853234
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                maybe possibly eek out a sweep, or Lowell will, or they will split...
                You may be on to something.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                  Any UML fans in area looking for good hockey tonight head to Chelmsford Forum (Tully) and catch Super 8 play in games tonight.

Woburn vs. Burlington preview:
                  http://sbnation.com/e/7863508
                  Franklin vs. Xaverian preview:
                  http://sbnation.com/e/7853234
                  can they pass the puck? (sorry, that was my first thought)

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    No, but BC did have just as many chances--probably more--to win. Lowell definitely had some chances to win but you can't say they "should" have won based off the 3rd period.
                    Campbell missing that wide open shot was huge.

Comment

Huge weekend for Lowell coming up. Can't wait.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Chalk talk with the coach tomorrow morning at 7:30. RSVP is still open for STH's.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Set of articles on the Top 100 NHL prospects in the NCAAs. This list includes both drafted and free agent players. They've been revealing 10 at a time as they've gone along. They've done 41-100 so far, and not one Lowell player yet.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            Chalk talk with the coach tomorrow morning at 7:30. RSVP is still open for STH's.
                            Did anyone go to the chalk talk?

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Set of articles on the Top 100 NHL prospects in the NCAAs. This list includes both drafted and free agent players. They've been revealing 10 at a time as they've gone along. They've done 41-100 so far, and not one Lowell player yet.
                              If Lowell was in the NHL that might be a problem.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Did anyone go to the chalk talk?
                                I did. They had around 15 people for the event. Toured the facility, saw a video breakdown of Vermont and got the X's and O's on the weekend series and had a Q&A with Coach Bazin.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X