Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March Thread II

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
    He also did a fantastic job of not making the rest of the team hate Eichel? Are you making this up as you go?
    Helping prevent a schism in the locker room between the incoming star player with all of the hype and is going to get all of the playing time and the rest of the guys who gutted it out last year and years past on bad teams? You've not played too many competitive sports, have you? Mind you, that was only one point of reason I gave.

And yes, there was very little talent on the team in the second semester last year. While they were great guys and gave everything they had on the ice, the bottom two lines were borderline AHA-level players.
    Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-18-2015, 10:24 PM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I feel so bad for Quinn as he had no talented players at BU when he took over for Parker

He also did a fantastic job of not making the rest of the team hate Eichel? Are you making this up as you go?
      He's just saying that Parker brought in a bunch of misanthropes and Quinn did all he could to make sure Eichel wasn't turned into a human buoy and tossed into the Charles.

At least, that's my version of it.
      Last edited by Patman; 03-18-2015, 11:11 PM.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Pretty much exactly how I would do it.
        Agreed. Nice job john_fuller.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

I feel so bad for Quinn as he had no talented players at BU when he took over for Parker

EIther he is some sort of genius making all those All HE players get talent they didn't have or missing the mark. Or the 3rd alternative- HOCKEY EAST IS FIXXXXXXED!!1!!11!!!
          Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Helping prevent a schism in the locker room between the incoming star player with all of the hype and is going to get all of the playing time and the rest of the guys who gutted it out last year and years past on bad teams? You've not played too many competitive sports, have you? Mind you, that was only one point of reason I gave.

And yes, there was very little talent on the team in the second semester last year. While they were great guys and gave everything they had on the ice, the bottom two lines were borderline AHA-level players.
          They all didn't discover their talent in the last 12 months. Look at who is on the list for players recognized this yr. Jeese.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            He's just saying that Parker brought in a bunch of misanthropes and Quinn did all he could to make sure Eichel wasn't turned into a human buoy and tossed into the Charles.

At least, that's my version of it.
            Well, he does get Kudos that the team hasn't been in the 'news' as in 'News' not Sports. THis made me chuckle. Maybe the talent started to shine because there was discipline?

Comment

OK, enough of feeding the troll. Off to work. Team leaves today. Clock is ticking.

Comment

We're participating in a discussion that's been talked about in all sports ... and we won't solve it today.

So let's focus on the Hawks. Huge weekend ahead, two wins and you're in the NCAAs for the fourth straight year. As Al Davis so succinctly put it ... Just win, Baby.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Really looking forward to the games this weekend. Anyone here going to The Harp tomorrow? I will be going to the game solo and would welcome the opportunity to meet some fellow 'hawk fans that are on this board.
                  University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    While we're discussing postseason awards,, here's a question for everyone. Who would you consider to be the team MVP this season? There are several players that one could make a case for, and all would be valid.

My choice would be Joe Gambardella, but I'm interested in other opinions.
                    My choice would be Gambardella too. He is always going 100% and is the spark plug for this team.
                    What did you say?
                    Who own the Chiefs?
                    What did he say?
                    Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                      Really looking forward to the games this weekend. Anyone here going to The Harp tomorrow? I will be going to the game solo and would welcome the opportunity to meet some fellow 'hawk fans that are on this board.
                      I probably won't be there till around 3, but I know I'll be there, as will MaryK, Go-UML and others. I'm usually in the back room ... not sure how to describe myself.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        You have trouble with a coach going from second-to-last to first being coach of the year? I agree there's an argument for Norm, but just because he doesn't (can't?) bring in talented players doesn't make him a shoo-in for COY when he finishes three spots behind the guy who did.
                        More like going from second-to-last to having the greatest college player since Kariya step on campus to first.

And yes, Norm can't bring in talented players. I'll give Hellebuyck, Folin and CJ Smith the bad news. Dope.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                          While we're discussing postseason awards,, here's a question for everyone. Who would you consider to be the team MVP this season? There are several players that one could make a case for, and all would be valid.

My choice would be Joe Gambardella, but I'm interested in other opinions.
                          CJ Smith. He's a threat every time he touches the puck.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            And we know how you feel about Jasmine.....
                            Who's that?!?!

(You better send Mookie a txt this weekend to come over and get a picture with )
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

not sure how to describe myself.
                              ...the dude almost everyone will know.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

not sure how to describe myself.
                                The quiet guy alone in the corner with a glass of water.

Comment

Working...
                                X