Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March Thread II

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    btw, jim connelly said, off the air, that there was never any contact to the head.

for those who haven't had to stream home games you end up hearing a fair bit of off air chatter.
    I heard that on the air driving home (before I went over the bridge and only heard half of the rest)

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      In terms of clinching a bye on Saturday it's pretty simple: Win or tie vs Vermont OR Northeastern loses or ties vs BU. No other games matter in terms of a bye for Lowell.

Lowell can still finish in 2nd place if the following happens:

Win vs Vermont AND Notre Dame beats BC AND Providence loses or ties vs Maine.

OR

Win or tie vs Vermont AND Notre Dame beats BC AND Providence loses to Maine.
      I think UML takes care of business and wins tonight; ND will beat BC (pride will carry them); and PC will sweep Maine. If this is the case, then BC, UML, and PC will tie for 2nd place with total points. UML has the head2head tie breaker over BC; BC has the H2H over PC; and PC has the H2H over UML. Its like a Mexican standoff!

So what happens next, going to the next tie breaker which is # of HE wins? If that is the case, then UML is 4th and BC/PC are in a tiebreaker to determine 2nd or 3rd. I am not sure about the next tie breaker. Does it go back to the H2H between schools? Or does it go to the next tie-breaker which is best record against 1st place team, etc.

Slightly changing topics... for what its worth, BU has the advantage with a late game against NU while BC/ND plays early. They can watch the BC/ND scoreboard. If ND is clearly winning over BC; then BU may give some guys extra rest.
      University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
        I think UML takes care of business and wins tonight; ND will beat BC (pride will carry them); and PC will sweep Maine. If this is the case, then BC, UML, and PC will tie for 2nd place with total points. UML has the head2head tie breaker over BC; BC has the H2H over PC; and PC has the H2H over UML. Its like a Mexican standoff!

So what happens next, going to the next tie breaker which is # of HE wins? If that is the case, then UML is 4th and BC/PC are in a tiebreaker to determine 2nd or 3rd. I am not sure about the next tie breaker. Does it go back to the H2H between schools? Or does it go to the next tie-breaker which is best record against 1st place team, etc.

Slightly changing topics... for what its worth, BU has the advantage with a late game against NU while BC/ND plays early. They can watch the BC/ND scoreboard. If ND is clearly winning over BC; then BU may give some guys extra rest.
        In a 3-way tie, they use combined H2H - PC wins that and would take 2nd. Then it goes back to a tie between BC/Lowell, and Lowell has that tiebreaker, so they'd be 3rd and BC would be 4th.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

About the game itself, one of the best they've played all year. If it wasn't for a great first period by the UVM netminder it could have been a repeat of the UMass 5-0 first period. He played a heck of a game for the Cats.

Slightly disappointed in the attendance. I had completely forgotten it was "Bring a friend" night, and so wound up just giving them to a family as they were about to buy tickets. Saved them some money, which was cool.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
            In a 3-way tie, they use combined H2H - PC wins that and would take 2nd. Then it goes back to a tie between BC/Lowell, and Lowell has that tiebreaker, so they'd be 3rd and BC would be 4th.
            Makes sense. Thanks!
            University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              About the game itself, one of the best they've played all year. If it wasn't for a great first period by the UVM netminder it could have been a repeat of the UMass 5-0 first period. He played a heck of a game for the Cats.

Slightly disappointed in the attendance. I had completely forgotten it was "Bring a friend" night, and so wound up just giving them to a family as they were about to buy tickets. Saved them some money, which was cool.
              I will say that the crowd was never really that into it and I was surprised
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I'll take a crack at the Top 4 seeds contention since Todd's thread seems to have died:

BU clinches 1st with 1 pt, can only be as low as 2cnd seed co-champ with a loss.

BC clinches 2cnd with 1 pt and could be #1 seed co-champ with a win and a BU loss. Can only go as low as 4th if they lose and PC and UML both win.

PC clinches 2nd with a win combined with a BC loss. A win with a BC tie puts them at 3rd. 1 pt clinches at least a bye. They could still be 5th with a loss combined with an NU win and a UML tie or win.

UML clinches 2nd with a win combined with a BC loss and a PC loss or tie. UML will be 3rd with a win combined with a BC loss and a PC win. UML earns at least 4th place with a tie, 3rd place with a tie combined with a PC loss. If UML loses, the highest they could finish would be 4th. The lowest they could finish would be 5th and only if NU beats BU.

NU can be 3rd with a win if both PC and UML loses. They would be 4th with a win and a loss by either UML or PC. No way NU can get a bye with a tie or loss.

With their losses last night, ND and VT were knocked out of bye contention but both are guaranteed home playoff series.

Good for UML: ME is desperate for home playoff spot vs PC. VT doesn't have a lot on the line tonight.
                Bad for UML: ND doesn't have a lot on the line vs BC tonight. NU will be playing their hearts out tonight.
                Last edited by Fishhawk; 02-28-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  I was a little surprised at the crowd too. I checked online Thursday and according the Tsongas website there were very few seats available.

A nice solid win last night. They'll need the same type of effort again tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                    Good for UML: VT doesn't have a lot on the line tonight.
                    This is big game for UVM in regards to the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      I was a little surprised at the crowd too. I checked online Thursday and according the Tsongas website there were very few seats available.

A nice solid win last night. They'll need the same type of effort again tonight.
                      Yes that was weird, the online chart showed the place packed and when I bought my bring a friend tix their were no pairs together from center ice to the Talon club. Student turnout was weak.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        This is big game for UVM in regards to the NCAA tournament.
                        True, #19 PWR still in contention.

Comment

Yes that was weird, the online chart showed the place packed and when I bought my bring a friend tix their were no pairs together from center ice to the Talon club. Student turnout was weak.
                          Official attendance was 5514. About 500 short of a sellout, but above the season average.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

True, #19 PWR still in contention.
                            At that point they'd have to win tonight then win 2-1, 2-0 in their opening and quarterfinal series... tough road. Ballparking naturally.

I think we need to win tonight then make the garden to have a strong chance of making it in... and even then it'll be a bit up in the air.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              At that point they'd have to win tonight then win 2-1, 2-0 in their opening and quarterfinal series... tough road. Ballparking naturally.

I think we need to win tonight then make the garden to have a strong chance of making it in... and even then it'll be a bit up in the air.
                              Also depends a lot on how some other teams finish. There are a couple of teams ahead of Lowell that are barely ahead in RPI. Just have to keep winning and hope for the best.

Also, it's mind boggling how St. Cloud, at 15-15-1, is ahead of Lowell. I don't care what the formula says, you shouldn't be up for an at large bid if you're not even above .500
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

I thought the crowd size was okay. The student section seemed sparse. Seems like less students are showing up less and less. I wonder if they count the season ticket bring a friend vouchers as tickets told even if they aren't redeemed? I've got to imagine they hold blocks of seats from online purchase to ensure there are seats available for anyone who shows up before the game with a voucher.

It's amazing that St. Cloud has a .500 record and is ahead of Lowell in the PWR. Hopefully for Lowell's sake North Dakota will sweep them tonight.

Edit: I didn't see Patronik's post before submitting this.

Comment

Working...
                                X