Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet IX: Oh that's just GREAT...

Get the **** out of here.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Get the **** out of here.
      http://thinkprogress.org/education/2...history-class/
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Mother of God.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My heart just bleeds for them.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            /FirstWorldProblems at its best.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              These people need to be taxed more. Much, much more.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                These people need to be taxed more. Much, much more.
                No. FTR, I'm a big fan of a flat tax.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

For the last time, the flat tax benefits the rich and hurts the poor.
                  Code:

Comment

Which is the whole idea.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      No. FTR, I'm a big fan of a flat tax.
                      Originally posted by Adam Smith
                      It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
                      Even the father of capitalism recognized the need for progressive taxation.

Comment

I am not exactly rich by any means. In fact, I'd be classified as lower middle class at best. However, you worked for it/earned it, you deserve it. Yes, there are exceptions (trust fund babies, etc), and I say *shrug*.

Comment

Sweet, you realize that a flat tax means cops, fire fighters, department of transportation and pretty much every other public works you care about will be underfunded right? You think the plowing sucks now, just think what will happen when you cut their funding! Why pay cops better, I am sure there will zero ramifications of that at ALL.

Flat taxes are a great theory but man the unintended consequences of them would be devastating.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Sweet, you realize that a flat tax means cops, fire fighters, department of transportation and pretty much every other public works you care about will be underfunded right? You think the plowing sucks now, just think what will happen when you cut their funding! Why pay cops better, I am sure there will zero ramifications of that at ALL.

Flat taxes are a great theory but man the unintended consequences of them would be devastating.
                            This doesn't automatically have to be the case. Why can't you set the flat tax rate to collect whatever amount of revenue you like?

Just depends whose taxes go up and whose go down. I'm guessing there are a whole lot of really rich people who are able to take advantage of tax loopholes to pay obscenely low rates. As long as those loopholes close (I know, I know - stop laughing!), I would think a lot of rich people would pay more.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              This doesn't automatically have to be the case. Why can't you set the flat tax rate to collect whatever amount of revenue you like?

Just depends whose taxes go up and whose go down. I'm guessing there are a whole lot of really rich people who are able to take advantage of tax loopholes to pay obscenely low rates. As long as those loopholes close (I know, I know - stop laughing!), I would think a lot of rich people would pay more.
                              I would love to believe they would set the tax where it needs to be but we both know there is zero chance that happens. The powers that be would never allow the rate to be the right amount.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is why the Darwin Awards were invented.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X