Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet IX: Oh that's just GREAT...

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Woman throws bacon at a PD, is not convicted, but they decide to be judge, jury, and executioner themselves anyway. Police are "investigating", but we KNOW they'll find nothing wrong. http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...arges-dropped/
    The Bacon was gun shaped wasn't it??
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      Oklahoma legislative committee questions the legality of Advance Placement courses

Specifically, their gripe is with AP American History, calling it "unpatriotic" and "emphasizing what is bad about America."
      From NYmag: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...s-history.html

Krieger complained that the framework portrays the Founding Fathers as "bigots" and suggests that Manifest Destiny was "built on a belief in white racial superiority and a sense of American cultural superiority," rather than "the belief that America had a mission to spread democracy and new technology across the continent," as he put it. And instead of discussing the "the valor or heroism of American soldiers" during World War II, the course outline mentions U.S. internment camps and moral questions raised by the dropping of the atomic bomb.
      Manifest Destiny is totally about American cultural superiority and the internment camps most definitely need to be taught. We can't have our history classes turn into "America is the best we screwed up that one time with slavery but then we found a way to fight ourselves and now we're perfect."
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Manifest Destiny is totally about American cultural superiority and the internment camps most definitely need to be taught. We can't have our history classes turn into "America is the best we screwed up that one time with slavery but then we found a way to fight ourselves and now we're perfect."
        America has always been perfect and getting ever more perfect. Jesus helped found it and formed the sacred constitution that enshrined the states as the ultimate force in the land, that totally wasn't replaced by a different one when it failed.

Comment

Talk about Court of Public Opinion. UMass announced they were going to broadly implement a US law that bans Iranian students from doing certain graduate courses. The problem with that being their bans were reaching out across more areas than the ban required. I saw that story at 11am. They've already reversed the decision and will now accept Iranians.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

http://m.fark.com/comments/8603487?from_page=politics

I can't believe this p.o.s. went to Dartmouth.

At least Fark users have it right by putting "convicted felon" in funny if every mention of his name.

For those who don't want to follow the link, convicted felon Dinesh Dsouza tweeted racist statements about Obama then made a non apology apology.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              At least Fark users have it right by putting "convicted felon" in funny if every mention of his name.
              That is... amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                http://m.fark.com/comments/8603487?from_page=politics

I can't believe this p.o.s. went to Dartmouth.

For those who don't want to follow the link, convicted felon Dinesh Dsouza tweeted racist statements about Obama then made a non apology apology.
                I saw him once in a debate. Mother****er is a weasel in everything he does.
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                  I saw him once in a debate. Mother****er is a weasel in everything he does.
                  D'Souza is a true POS. One of the things I find bizarre about Stanley Fish is that they're friends. That's right up there with Ginsburg's friendship with Scalia in the Hall of Wha--?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    That's right up there with Ginsburg's friendship with Scalia in the Hall of Wha--?
                    You keep them away from discussing politics, and it makes sense. I guess they both like opera and expensive wine.

Comment

D'Souza is a true POS. One of the things I find bizarre about Stanley Fish is that they're friends. That's right up there with Ginsburg's friendship with Scalia in the Hall of Wha--?
                      Michael Shermer also came to D'Souza's defense during his recent run-in with the law. Stranger bedfellows have been seen I guess...
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Dum-dum-ba-dum, awww.... http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...geant-instead/

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                          Michael Shermer also came to D'Souza's defense during his recent run-in with the law. Stranger bedfellows have been seen I guess...
                          Maybe he's different in private. Shermer is another guy who has a keen (to say the least) BS detector. Intellectual history is strewn with very smart, very good people who protected and apologized for really heinous peers just because they found them fun at parties and/or in the sack. Arendt loved Heidegger, Maher seems to have a genuine friendship with Coulter. This is good. Love is incomparably more important than politics, which after all is just us dancing with our silly ideas.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 02-19-2015, 09:49 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I just figured Scalia was being nice to Ginsburg.
                            Originally posted by Priceless
                            Good to see you're so reasonable.
                            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                            Very well, said.
                            Originally posted by Rover
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                              I just figured Scalia was being nice to Ginsburg.
                              And I assumed Ginsburg felt sorry for Scalia. It's not like the dude's got many friends. Eeyore needs love, too.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Herps gonna derp.

These fanatics are creating an alternate Conservapedia gestalt. A work friend who is quite intelligent but is the third in a four generation Christian homeschooling chain was completely surprised that a majority of scientists accept evolution. He just didn't know. Everybody in his universe is a Creationist and everything he has ever read or taught has said evolution is a failed theory that "most scientists" now reject.

There are guys in Congress who are products of the same indoctrination. It's strikingly similar to the way the maddrassas took over the secular educational institutions in Pakistan and produced an entire generation of religious fanatics who have literally no idea that their "curriculum" is extremist brainwashing.

If you wanted to raise a terrorist army in the US, you couldn't do any better than what the far right has been doing for 40 years. Insularity, cult fetishism, paranoia, and paramilitary training. These people are a nightmare.
                                I did read earlier today that the herps derped, and voted to defund the AP American History Course 11-4.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X