Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet IX: Oh that's just GREAT...

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    She went to Harvard for her advanced degree. What makes Harvard so special? Who anointed them god?

We get all excited when somebody has a degree from Harvard we forget to look at the person.

However, on the surface it seems to be a dumb law.
    Compared to the educational institutions that law favors (ETSU, anyone?), heck yes Harvard is something special. I really hope you just didn't read the article and are reacting from your innate anti-Harvard bias - in which case I highly approve.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Don't ever tell anyone I said this: Harvard is special. There's a 10% layer of legacy boneheads who went to good enough prep schools to goose their SATs (GPAs for Harvard feeder prep schools obviously grade everything to an 'A' -- that's why they're called "prep" schools) -- scrape those Dubyas off your shoe. The other 90% of kids are wonderful. The sickest joke in this country (and we have quite a few) is that so many of those kids, who are really interesting and multi-dimensional thinkers, and not at all the type of dirtbag you'd expect to go into finance, when they graduate... go into finance.

HYP get, and again I swear if you repeat this I'll kill you, a bad rap because they have so many laughable upper class twit of the year alumni. If anything they're probably underestimated. The median student at HYP is, and it pains me to say this, way more interesting than the median student pretty well anywhere else. Some places do intensive study in a particular discipline better (MIT, Cal Tech), but very few places have such well-rounded students.

Now I'm going to drink heavily enough that I forget the whole topic.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Don't ever tell anyone I said this: Harvard is special. There's a 10% layer of legacy boneheads who went to good enough prep schools to goose their SATs (GPAs for Harvard feeder prep schools obviously grade everything to an 'A' -- that's why they're called "prep" schools) -- scrape those Dubyas off your shoe. The other 90% of kids are wonderful. The sickest joke in this country (and we have quite a few) is that so many of those kids, who are really interesting and multi-dimensional thinkers, and not at all the type of dirtbag you'd expect to go into finance, when they graduate... go into finance.

HYP get, and again I swear if you repeat this I'll kill you, a bad rap because they have so many laughable upper class twit of the year alumni. If anything they're probably underestimated. The median student at HYP is, and it pains me to say this, way more interesting than the median student pretty well anywhere else. Some places do intensive study in a particular discipline better (MIT, Cal Tech), but very few places have such well-rounded students.

Now I'm going to drink heavily enough that I forget the whole topic.
        tl;dr: Harvard is special...but, they still suck...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          tl;dr: Harvard is special...but, they still suck...
          Yes, that goes without saying.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you want proof that there's no such thing as a secret ballot, and elections can have repercussions, here it is. http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cit...light-cameras/

Comment

In Puerto Rico, parents could be fined if their kids are obese
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Oklahoma legislative committee questions the legality of Advance Placement courses

Specifically, their gripe is with AP American History, calling it "unpatriotic" and "emphasizing what is bad about America."
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Oklahoma legislative committee questions the legality of Advance Placement courses

Specifically, their gripe is with AP American History, calling it "unpatriotic" and "emphasizing what is bad about America."
                  Herps gonna derp.

These fanatics are creating an alternate Conservapedia gestalt. A work friend who is quite intelligent but is the third in a four generation Christian homeschooling chain was completely surprised that a majority of scientists accept evolution. He just didn't know. Everybody in his universe is a Creationist and everything he has ever read or taught has said evolution is a failed theory that "most scientists" now reject.

There are guys in Congress who are products of the same indoctrination. It's strikingly similar to the way the maddrassas took over the secular educational institutions in Pakistan and produced an entire generation of religious fanatics who have literally no idea that their "curriculum" is extremist brainwashing.

If you wanted to raise a terrorist army in the US, you couldn't do any better than what the far right has been doing for 40 years. Insularity, cult fetishism, paranoia, and paramilitary training. These people are a nightmare.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-17-2015, 07:08 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Having taken the course (albeit well over a decade ago), I'd be curious to see exactly what changes were made to the material and why, other than the obligatory inclusions of recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Having taken the course (albeit well over a decade ago), I'd be curious to see exactly what changes were made to the material and why, other than the obligatory inclusions of recent history.
                      It's all the white man's fault. Proof? George W. Bush is a white man. Ronald Reagan was a white man. RICHARD NIXON WAS A WHITE MAN!!!!
                      Please excuse me, I need to take my Valium...
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Guess what? White people did bad sh* in America years ago. How the hell do you think they got to where they are today? Shocking, I know.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Woman throws bacon at a PD, is not convicted, but they decide to be judge, jury, and executioner themselves anyway. Police are "investigating", but we KNOW they'll find nothing wrong. http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...arges-dropped/

Comment

Dude. Lay off the acid
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Dude. Lay off the acid
                              Are you saying his description doesn't tell the whole story?
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X