This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    So does the US, we merely call it "campaign contributions" and "lobbying" but the principle is exactly the same.

The most attractive merit of the so-called "flat [income] tax" is to remove the chicanery from the tax code. Make it in two or three bands if you wish, but no exemptions no deductions nothing:
    0% on income up to $xx,xxx, 5% on income up to $yyy,yyy, 10% on income up to $z,zzz,zzz and then 17.5% on anything above that.
    I hope you aren't claiming to be a deficit hawk with those bands, since that will increase the deficit exponentially. Think Kansas budget woes on steroids.

Edit: It'd also be interesting to see how hard church budgets get hit, since presumably all charitable donations would no longer be tax deductible. I'm guessing many people would lower their tithing significantly.
    Last edited by unofan; 02-25-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Re: Nice Planet IX: Oh that's just GREAT...

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      Public financing of campaigns? you cannot be serious. Who wants to feed leeches even more blood? the idea of using leeches to cure sick people by draining them of blood went out of style around 200 years ago.

Here is a much simpler and easier idea:
      -- Congress is in session about three months every two years
      -- no new laws passed without revising / updating existing laws first
      -- no pensions for legislators (they can have a 403b but no pension)
      -- legislator pay is based on their W2 / Schedule C / Schedule K income: everyone gets a pro-rata per diem based on their private sector income.
      Which does absolutely nothing to explain how you would have them be elected. Well done.

At least with public financing you get rid of the 1% (and unions, can't forget that you are a liberal who hates unions!) who buy members of Congress. What's your solution?

Comment

Goodbye freedom to peaceably assemble... and I'm not even talking about a protest... http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...s-3115714.html

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Goodbye freedom to peaceably assemble... and I'm not even talking about a protest... http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...s-3115714.html
          "3 percenters" is a new term to me. LOL John Birchers.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            "3 percenters" is a new term to me. LOL John Birchers.
            It was based out of the American Revolution, where about 3% of the colonists had actually fought on the battlefield, and slightly inspired by the occupiers.

Comment

It was based out of the American Revolution, where about 3% of the colonists had actually fought on the battlefield, and slightly inspired by the occupiers.
              I understand the etymology. The evergreen sons of liberty drag act.

The sad thing is among the vast flock of herpa-derps that make up such groups there are probably one or two per thousand who could do real work if they could just leave the adolescent ideologies behind. If you want to fight the power first you have to understand that power, and that means putting on your big girl panties and forgetting about this cowboy and indians crap.

These groups are like SDS -- they are permitted to flourish because they are so inane they are a net loss to the attempt to rein in the ruling class.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And this is why there is no hope for this Planet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...061132035.html
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Agree. If people don't learn to turn their cameras landscape we will never survive as a species.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Undercover cops typically dress in visitor garb at sporting events; makes me wonder if they ever try to provoke the first punch in this sort of thing.

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet IX: Oh that's just GREAT...

Undercover cops typically dress in visitor garb at sporting events; makes me wonder if they ever try to provoke the first punch in this sort of thing.
                      I just...I can't...I'll guess I'll just say it again: SEEK HELP.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                        I just...I can't...I'll guess I'll just say it again: SEEK HELP.
                        First part's an absolute fact; here, I'll even give you a government-media-complex approved source: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...eahawks-games/

Second part is certainly commentary, and you have to figure, based upon the link, that this is the reason.

Comment

First part's an absolute fact; here, I'll even give you a government-media-complex approved source: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...eahawks-games/

Second part is certainly commentary, and you have to figure, based upon the link, that this is the reason.
                          I don't have to 'figure' anything, Jack. Only someone as deluded as you would jump to the conclusion that you offer. It might even be possible that it was a bit of misinformation handed out to persuade the locals to leave the visiting fans alone, all the while having neutral-dressed cops in attendance. Hell, that seems more logical than the ridiculous assumptions you throw out.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                            I don't have to 'figure' anything, Jack. Only someone as deluded as you would jump to the conclusion that you offer. It might even be possible that it was a bit of misinformation handed out to persuade the locals to leave the visiting fans alone, all the while having neutral-dressed cops in attendance. Hell, that seems more logical than the ridiculous assumptions you throw out.
                            And how much is the NSA paying you to type that?

Comment

Because people fight?

That hardly a calls for a "we're doomed!" response.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

And how much is the NSA paying you to type that?
                                Seek help. Actual psychiatric help.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X