This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Dumb question. When I pulled the ticket for last night's game out of the season ticket booklet, I was surprised to see that's the last one.

I know that I should have spotted that long ago. Did I elect the wrong package; do we buy HE playoffs separately; or after last year, didn't the Arena expect to be hosting? I'll call up the office Monday, but just wonder where things stand.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
      Dumb question. When I pulled the ticket for last night's game out of the season ticket booklet, I was surprised to see that's the last one.

I know that I should have spotted that long ago. Did I elect the wrong package; do we buy HE playoffs separately; or after last year, didn't the Arena expect to be hosting? I'll call up the office Monday, but just wonder where things stand.
      The playoff games were not included in package. You can buy them now
      Since hockey east gets the revenue decided not to include them

Comment

One man's opinion - The team isn't where it was a month ago. Being so young, I'd hoped, maybe expected, that the team would improve as the season wore on. Instead, it's regressed. Last night was the most glaring example of a trend we've seen over the past few weeks in which opponents trap BU deep in its own end of the ice. Also, what's the story with Baillargeon? Aside from the 2 on 1 with Rodrigues in the 3rd Period, I didn't notice him.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
          The playoff games were not included in package. You can buy them now
          Since hockey east gets the revenue decided not to include them
          games 2&3 are being played at 4p. mookie is thankful he wasn't forced to buy them and then let them go unused
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            One man's opinion - The team isn't where it was a month ago. Being so young, I'd hoped, maybe expected, that the team would improve as the season wore on. Instead, it's regressed. Last night was the most glaring example of a trend we've seen over the past few weeks in which opponents trap BU deep in its own end of the ice. Also, what's the story with Baillargeon? Aside from the 2 on 1 with Rodrigues in the 3rd Period, I didn't notice him.
            Unfortunately, I have to agree with all of this. I do think that NU is a VERY good team and that may be part of the issue, but the team is definitely not playing it's best hockey at the right time. Hopefully, that will change...
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I think Eichel needs to seriously simplify his game if this team is going to get back on track. That one extra move or pass has been killing him and I believe it cost him At least twice last night.

Teams have caught on and they're just clogging up the middle of the ice inside the blue line where Jack likes to try to make all of his moves.

That said, I liked the resiliency in coming back twice last night even though they couldn't make it all the way back.
              Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                I think Eichel needs to seriously simplify his game if this team is going to get back on track. That one extra move or pass has been killing him and I believe it cost him At least twice last night....
                he had 4 sog last night. we don't have any blog'ers participating here any longer, but i would love to see his attempts. felt like he threw up 30 shot attempts and can't seem to hit the side of a barn. we have guys parked in front when he is doing his thing and may have a chance to bury some rebounds.... IF there were rebounds and not pucks working around the glass and out of the zone after jack is missing nets high, left, high, right, and high.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  he had 4 sog last night. we don't have any blog'ers participating here any longer, but i would love to see his attempts. felt like he threw up 30 shot attempts and can't seem to hit the side of a barn. we have guys parked in front when he is doing his thing and may have a chance to bury some rebounds.... IF there were rebounds and not pucks working around the glass and out of the zone after jack is missing nets high, left, high, right, and high.
                  maybe he was hungover ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    maybe he was hungover ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nice try for an excuse.... but it's been a season long event

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      I really hope that a simple bye week will help them get re-focused. Because tonight, they have to play with everything they have on the line.
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

0-3-1

Comment

eichel has 16g, but 2 of them are eng.

so his shots on goal with a goalie give him a 11.8% shooting pct.
                          matt lane is 10.3%

tyler seguin is 13.4%
                          patrick kane is 13.6%
                          john tavares is 13.4%

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            jack is missing nets high, left, high, right, and high.
                            At least he's not missing low. Or would that be more impressive? By the way, did anyone catch a replay of the no goal last night? Only thing I can guess is goalie interference but it didn't look like it live. Would be nice if Agganis would show replays.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                              At least he's not missing low. Or would that be more impressive? By the way, did anyone catch a replay of the no goal last night? Only thing I can guess is goalie interference but it didn't look like it live. Would be nice if Agganis would show replays.
                              agree. that deserved a replay for us paying customers.

and no. a low shot would perhaps find a stick of a terrier after a hop, skip, and a jump

Comment

bu has 7 losses and 5 ties.

remarkably, 5 of those L's have come at #wwa (as well as 3 of the ties).

Comment

Working...
                                X