Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015 Part II: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Originally posted by Beman View Post
    To blame assitant coaches for Seth's inability to win is ridiculous. It is simple buy out his contract and find a new coach.
    It would be an expensive buyout since there are so many years left. Somehow I'm not so sure the administration would be willing to do it.

Oh how things change: http://rpiathletics.com/news/2013/4/...px?path=hockey
    Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

No comment
      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Good news: We can't finish in dead last.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Kazzy needs to get his act together in Troy before he starts thinking about the pros. One thing is for sure, Buffalo is a lot closer to Troy, and close enough for the Sabers to send someone down to decide if he needs another year in college or maybe needs to go to the next level.
          I am sure that they will be in contact with him and SA shortly.
          Said Buffalo rep was behind me for the Brown game. I'll reserve the bulk of my conversation with him, other than this "He's not getting much defensive help".
          Originally posted by moe24
          Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Ken Schott interview with John Carter last week http://www.foxsports980.com/onair/ro...aily-13248792/.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
              It would be an expensive buyout since there are so many years left. Somehow I'm not so sure the administration would be willing to do it.

Oh how things change: http://rpiathletics.com/news/2013/4/...px?path=hockey
              Pray tell how he was a 4-year letterman at FSU with these stats? Do they give them out like gold stars to all kindergartners?

Seth Appert
              Goalie
              Born Aug 9 1974 -- Cottage Grove, MN
              Height 5.11 -- Weight 180

Season Team Lge GP Min GA EN SO GAA W L T Svs Pct
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              1992-93 Ferris State University CCHA 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0 0 0 0 0.000
              1993-94 Ferris State University CCHA 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0 0 0 0 0.000
              1994-95 Ferris State University CCHA 9 377 0 0 0 5.25 1 4 1 0 0.817
              1995-96 Ferris State University CCHA 11 461 33 0 0 4.29 2 4 1 0 0.851

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
              Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              1992-93 Ferris State University CCHA 2 0 0 0 0
              1993-94 Ferris State University CCHA 6 0 0 0 0
              1994-95 Ferris State University CCHA 9 0 0 0 10
              1995-96 Ferris State University CCHA 11 0 1 1 0
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
                Said Buffalo rep was behind me for the Brown game. I'll reserve the bulk of my conversation with him, other than this "He's not getting much defensive help".
                I will grant you that the scout's statement is true. However it is a two-way street and he has not bailed out the defense much either. His play this weekend was atrocious. Aside from the 4 soft goals he let in, he had trouble handling the puck, gave up way too many rebounds, didn't move from side to side very well and looked very shaky with the stick when trying to pass to teammates. This is far and away a different Kasdorf than from his Freshman year. It is hard to envision him going pro at the end of this season and I can see him here for two more years after this one unless there is a major return to form next year.
                "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                  I will grant you that the scout's statement is true. However it is a two-way street and he has not bailed out the defense much either. His play this weekend was atrocious. Aside from the 4 soft goals he let in, he had trouble handling the puck, gave up way too many rebounds, didn't move from side to side very well and looked very shaky with the stick when trying to pass to teammates. This is far and away a different Kasdorf than from his Freshman year. It is hard to envision him going pro at the end of this season and I can see him here for two more years after this one unless there is a major return to form next year.
                  I have seen what you describe all this year. Just not the young man we saw 2 years ago. Timing is way off, positioning is far from correct, he is simply not controlling the play with directing rebounds or stopping play with his glove for a much needed rest. We have seen regression of several players over the years but not often with our goalies. I can only describe the entire picture as lack of aggression and tentativeness. I have not seen any other team back pedal so much, pass back to their own zone, fail to maintain puck control at the point, pass backwards behind their own net, freeze the puck in our own zone when presented with any sort of forecheck, or ice the puck looking for the home run pass that is just not open. Not even including poor faceoffs and atrocious line changes allowing odd man rushes (there was actually a 4 on 1 last night against us). We had more cohesion and communication on the ice during the first 10 games of the season than we do now.
                  It is actually painful to watch but I think I could tolerate it if it was just this year. This has been the same story most of the past 9 years. We start out with some promise and slowly watch as we deteriorate over the season and then as proof, totally collapse in the playoffs whether we are on the road or at home. Over these years this has not happened with the same group of boys, it has happened with virtually every group of boys. What is wrong with this picture??
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                    Kasdorf is 22 years old. I think he has tried to carry this team on his shoulders. It's too big a job and it's worn him down and now you see it manifest in his game play. And he's getting publicly trashed for giving up softies and because his confidence is shot. I can only imagine the pressure he feels right now. It has to be very tough to be the starting G for this team right now. Look at the team rank for offense, power play, penalty kill. This team cannot score goals. The chronic lack of offense magnifies his mistakes and puts him under tremendous pressure. In terms of what needs to be fixed, I think the 13.6 percent power play or the 59 GF in 32 games are much bigger issues. Unlike goaltending, offense seems to be a consistent weakness with this team, year in, year out...

Comment

What are the solutions????
                      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                        If Doc is right and the players are playing like individuals as opposed to a team, have Dana take the names off the backs of the jerseys.

In all seriousness, though, the team seems to play a lot better when there's no pressure. Last time we played our upcoming two opponents, albeit it seemed that they were both "trap games" (as they both seemed to prepare more for Union than us), we seemed more at ease out there, and things began to flow.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                          The Men's Lacrosse Home Opener is next Saturday.

Comment

I am asking this here instead of the recruit thread since more people read this.

In recent years we have had several recruits and potential recruits visiting on BRF! weekend. They usually sit with the players who did not dress. Did anyone notice any this year?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              If Doc is right and the players are playing like individuals as opposed to a team, have Dana take the names off the backs of the jerseys.

In all seriousness, though, the team seems to play a lot better when there's no pressure. Last time we played our upcoming two opponents, albeit it seemed that they were both "trap games" (as they both seemed to prepare more for Union than us), we seemed more at ease out there, and things began to flow.
                              Dude that is exactly my point. These boys are having no fun at all. From my viewpoint it is like they are playing too cautiously, trying not to make a mistake, taking steps backward instead of pushing the puck up ice, delaying before they try to pass or skate up ice, delaying with the puck in their defensive end, not making a big hit for fear of a penalty, not forechecking for fear of being caught up ice. Playing in fear that if they do make that bad play, they will suffer consequences for it(less ice time, being sat out, in the doghouse, having the blame put on them, etc). We have decent size-we do not use it and actually play like a small team. We have speed-we do not use it, bringing the puck up deliberately instead of rushing up ice. We play dump and chase-but then take a line change and do not chase with even a single forward heading into the zone. And our defense just seems to take a passing wave at an incoming rushing forward instead of taking the body and forcing him to the outside.
                              Goaltending is of course crucial, and it has not been good lately. But it becomes far easier when our team can keep the puck in the offensive zone with pressure or when our forwards can forecheck a team into having difficulty bringing the puck into our zone. It becomes even easier when our big defensemen keep the lanes clear for the goalie to see what is coming at him and then move in to clear any rebounds to the sides and corners. All of this is basic and pretty obvious. Yet we are doing very little of it. And of course, everything starts with faceoffs, whether it be defending when short handed or keeping pressure on and creating chances when on the power play and at the end of games when we pull the goalie and have an extra attacker.
                              I absolutely believe we have recruited the talent and I absolutely believe in these boys. The talent is just being used in a way that takes advantage of what we have.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

DrD,

Is there a "not" missing in your last sentence? If "not" is not missing, then what is the point?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X