Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015 Part II: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    He won't have to go through Connor Hellebuyck now. I don't know what Buffalo's goalie depth looks like, but I imagine it's weaker than the Jets'.
    I'd have to ask my brothers; they probably follow the Sabres closer than I do; I've pretty much limited myself to RPI's scope.

Comment

It is unfortunate that Kazzy will no longer have the opportunity to play for his hometown Jets (at least not immediately).
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

It is unfortunate that Kazzy will no longer have the opportunity to play for his hometown Jets (at least not immediately).
        Perhaps it would be good from the standpoint that he'll be able to actually get a chance at some time, though. I'd give some examples, but this isn't the alumni thread.

Comment

I don't think that he needs that added pressure anyway.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Do others think that this increases the chance of Kasdorf leaving?
            Nope. I would think there are a plethora of other influences that are far more important as to whether he leaves or not.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

He won't have to go through Connor Hellebuyck now. I don't know what Buffalo's goalie depth looks like, but I imagine it's weaker than the Jets'.
              Buffalo followed up that trade by trading G Jonas Enroth to Dallas for their backup, Andres Lindback. Down on Rochester (nothing outstanding) http://theahl.com/stats/roster.php?s...=0&team_id=323 . Elmira is their ECHL affiliate, with all respect to them....nothing outstanding (although 1 of the G is named Travis Fullerton) http://www.jackalshockey.com/roster/
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Buffalo followed up that trade by trading G Jonas Enroth to Dallas for their backup, Andres Lindback. Down on Rochester (nothing outstanding) http://theahl.com/stats/roster.php?s...=0&team_id=323 . Elmira is their ECHL affiliate, with all respect to them....nothing outstanding (although 1 of the G is named Travis Fullerton) http://www.jackalshockey.com/roster/
                Lindback and Neuvirth are both pretty much terrible, so when Buffalo is ready to right the ship and stop taking, they shouldn't be too much of an obstacle for Kazzy.
                RPI Pep Band
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Not really that close; Buffalo's clear on the other side state. The AHL team is in Rochester, though, so there's that.
                  I was referring to Rochester. I don't think anyone expects him to immediately join the NHL when he's done at RPI, correct? (Truthfully I don't know what Buffalo looks like, Matt Hackett was over there I know, etc.)
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Lindback and Neuvirth are both pretty much terrible, so when Buffalo is ready to right the ship and stop taking, they shouldn't be too much of an obstacle for Kazzy.
                    As much as I love Jason I wouldn’t be so quick to annoint him an NHL roster spot. 1/2 a season (of great goaltending) out of the last 3 years isn’t something to get all that excited over.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Kasdorf is 3 seasons at a minimum away from the NHL. Daren Puppa played a couple years for the Amerks and Kasdorf, sir, is no Daren Puppa...
                      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Jason is excited about trade and thinks it's good for him and his development . "quote"
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                          Kasdorf is 3 seasons at a minimum away from the NHL. Daren Puppa played a couple years for the Amerks and Kasdorf, sir, is no Daren Puppa...
                          I could not agree more. But i would said this 2 years ago. There has been a bit of a regression(seems to happen a lot in Troy the past few years). I blame most of that on injury but not sure that other things are not playing a part. The good thing, goalies have far more time to develop and can reach the top levels of play later in life. Forwards just have to make it earlier as age takes its toll faster.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Kazzy needs to get his act together in Troy before he starts thinking about the pros. One thing is for sure, Buffalo is a lot closer to Troy, and close enough for the Sabers to send someone down to decide if he needs another year in college or maybe needs to go to the next level.
                            I am sure that they will be in contact with him and SA shortly.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

It's not fantastic, and it is weaker than the Jets', but it's not weak. Lots of AHL-level and prospect-type goalies, just no headliner.
                              Both are also UFAs after the season (as was Enroth), so the expectation was that the starting goalie for the 2015-16 Sabres was not in their system currently.

Kasdorf isn't headed anywhere anytime soon. No different than Winnipeg. Prove yourself in college, get healthy, then you'll get a shot.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I could not agree more. But i would said this 2 years ago. There has been a bit of a regression(seems to happen a lot in Troy the past few years). I blame most of that on injury but not sure that other things are not playing a part. The good thing, goalies have far more time to develop and can reach the top levels of play later in life. Forwards just have to make it earlier as age takes its toll faster.
                                I think it's a combination of the injury and a worse defense in front of him. Not that he hasn't put up a couple of stinkers (seems to be every time I pick him in PtC), but he is still a fantastic goalie. He'll have time to develop, and hopefully at least a year more of it will be in Troy.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Working...
                                X