This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2014-15 Part II

I think it is going to get real interesting for who makes Cedar Rapids this upcoming year.

Possibly return 2 imports in Goalie Ben Blacker (Western Michigan) and forward Zach Court (UNO)

3 affiliates that are imports Tyler Jeanson (Colgate for '16) Cho and Hayhurst (RPI '16)

Cedar Rapids drafted 4 imports in the draft. Matt Baker (Dartmouth) David Jankowski (Brother to Mark Jankowski), Samuel Solensky (Projected to be drafted in '16 NHL draft) and Overager David Nemecek (Played for 2 CHL teams and has world Junior experience)

I really don't know how this is going to play out as you are only allowed 4 imports slots but should know more after camp June 4-7

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
      I think it is going to get real interesting for who makes Cedar Rapids this upcoming year.

Possibly return 2 imports in Goalie Ben Blacker (Western Michigan) and forward Zach Court (UNO)

3 affiliates that are imports Tyler Jeanson (Colgate for '16) Cho and Hayhurst (RPI '16)

Cedar Rapids drafted 4 imports in the draft. Matt Baker (Dartmouth) David Jankowski (Brother to Mark Jankowski), Samuel Solensky (Projected to be drafted in '16 NHL draft) and Overager David Nemecek (Played for 2 CHL teams and has world Junior experience)

I really don't know how this is going to play out as you are only allowed 4 imports slots but should know more after camp June 4-7
      Thanks. I noticed that CR drafted several additional imports.

Although from a development point of view it would be good for Cho and Hayhurst to play there and I am sure that Seth Appert is recommending it, I wonder if the players really want to go there. We will see what happens next month.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ian Blacker?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFever View Post
          Ian Blacker?
          Ian Blacker is Ben’s brother.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Is it possible that a dual nationality could be involved, or would they have already been noted as a domestic if that were the case?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Is it possible that a dual nationality could be involved, or would they have already been noted as a domestic if that were the case?
              IIRC, dual nationality would not count as an import. Also, if an import has played 3 yrs. in the US he no longer counts as an import. Herbie could answer that better than me though....or Yeti.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFever View Post
                Ian Blacker?
                Ian won't play in Cedar Rapids this year. Scheduled to play for Oakville of the OJHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  I don't know own if any have dual citizenship or not. I will check into it.

Comment

I don't know own if any have dual citizenship or not. I will check into it.
                    Often the Elite Hockey Prospects site notes dual citizenship, although I suspect that they don't always know.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, a summary video of Toronto Patriot plays from the Buckland Cup. https://vimeo.com/127205080
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

****New RPI commit*****

Emil Ohrvall from Sweden

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=225959

Comment

****New RPI commit*****

Emil Ohrvall from Sweden

kind of expecting this. Thanks Scott For those that aren’t sure, yes it’s Jespar’s brother...... https://twitter.com/ohrwall_98/statu...22936913350656
                          Last edited by turk181; 05-17-2015, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I was talking with Liljgren last week and he told me he’s pretty sure Emil would be playing Prep hockey this year in Minnesota, possibly @ Shattucks SM.

Comment

****New RPI commit*****

Emil Ohrvall from Sweden

That's great.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-17-2015, 11:08 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                I was talking with Liljgren last week and he told me he’s pretty sure Emil would be playing Prep hockey this year in Minnesota, possibly @ Shattucks SM.
                                Almost has to be SSM.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-17-2015, 04:15 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X