This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2015: Let's Talk About Balls

Last year the Lions beat the Falcons at the wire. Now, whether that counts as a "good" game or not is up to you.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Last year the Lions beat the Falcons at the wire. Now, whether that counts as a "good" game or not is up to you.
      More like does it ever impact the playoff race in any way. Or rather, since it's early in the season, is a matchup between teams that are good at the time. It always seems like it's some combination of Dolphins/Jets/Jaguars/Bills etc, but perhaps I'm very much mis-remembering, I'm more than willingto admit to that.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Doink!!!
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          More like does it ever impact the playoff race in any way. Or rather, since it's early in the season, is a matchup between teams that are good at the time. It always seems like it's some combination of Dolphins/Jets/Jaguars/Bills etc, but perhaps I'm very much mis-remembering, I'm more than willingto admit to that.
          I don't think they've ever been games between two playoff teams, but they have been scheduled that way. In 2013 the NFL scheduled the Vikings and Steelers in London, and both teams were expected to have good years, but they both laid big eggs that year.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

So Suh kicked the Jets QB in the head today. Why am I not surprised?
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              The PBP announcer Ian Eagle - this is the second week in a row where he's been on my TV and it's come to my attention that the man is absolutely horrible at his job. To cap it off, he closed out the broadcast with a horrible jet lag joke. Dan Fouts might very well be plotting Ian's bludgeoning on a nightly basis for some 26 weeks each year.
              Speaking of horrible....today I could only get the Vikings radio feed on Sirius in my car. My gawd they are beyond horrible! We have to do this.....we have to do that. Hey knuckleheads, YOU'RE NOT ON THE TEAM.

The Broncos have to be the worst 4-0 team in recent years. Tough to listen or watch, no matter who is calling the game.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                Speaking of horrible....today I could only get the Vikings radio feed on Sirius in my car. My gawd they are beyond horrible! We have to do this.....we have to do that. Hey knuckleheads, YOU'RE NOT ON THE TEAM.

The Broncos have to be the worst 4-0 team in recent years. Tough to listen or watch, no matter who is calling the game.
                Carolina is not very good at all. Look at who they actually beat.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

With Week 4 almost complete, I am shocked, absolutely shocked, that Atlanta is 4-0. Would not have seen that. Same with Carolina, but with less shock.
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                    With Week 4 almost complete, I am shocked, absolutely shocked, that Atlanta is 4-0. Would not have seen that. Same with Carolina, but with less shock.
                    Not shocked on ATL. Vastly improved running game (even before Freeman started going off) and IIRC, improved O-line. Plus, Julio is remaining healthy.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Not shocked on ATL. Vastly improved running game (even before Freeman started going off) and IIRC, improved O-line. Plus, Julio is remaining healthy.
                      Look at the competition in the NFC South. Not much. Saints are the team that I am surprised that they have not won a game.
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                        Look at the competition in the NFC South. Not much. Saints are the team that I am surprised that they have not won a game.
                        Saints are on a big downhill for now. 8 rookies starting on defense. No Jimmy Graham. Brees getting older.....

Comment

Not shocked on atlanta either. Very good qb and elite wr in jones. I think atlanta is better than carolina.

I think the nfc title game will be at lambeau. Who will be the opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Carolina is not very good at all. Look at who they actually beat.
                            I really wasn't terribly impressed with Carolina today. Tampa, while certainly not good, did more harm to themselves (turnovers/missed FG's) than Carolina did to them.

Bucs will (should) be in the market for a new kicker tomorrow. Another 2 missed FG's and a PAT for Brindza.

Comment

NO trying to out RomoLOL DAL. Missed FG in the final seconds, for the win.

Comment

Annnnd you can't out RomoLOL DAL. NO wins on a BOMB of a pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X