RPI vs Union-Mayor's Cup 1/24/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI vs Union-Mayor's Cup 1/24/15

Funny how last year to Union "fans," this game didn't matter. Now all of a sudden it's the most important game of the year to them. Even though it doesn't matter, might as well still win. I'll be at the game (not on the air) so Go Red!
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Re: RPI vs Union-Mayor's Cup 1/24/15

It's a trophy game, just win Red.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Although I would love a win(not often to get a chance to beat the last National Champ 3 times in one year). Honestly, I could care less. I just want our boys to play well and come out of this game feeling good and healthy and feeling good about themselves and their play in general. Save the energy for Dartmouth next week.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

2014-15 Thread-Starting Statistics:
        Code:
        engineerhockeyfan  4- 1- 0  8 points  .800
        Ralph Baer         3- 5- 1  7 points  .389
        fr joe             2- 4- 0  4 points  .333
        DrDemento          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
        Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        jericho            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        RPI fan 4 life     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        Waite21            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2014-15 Thread-Starting Statistics
        Code:
        Ralph Baer        44-42-14 102 points  .510
        fr joe            41-46-10  92 points  .474
        engineerhockeyfan 20-23- 5  45 points  .469
        Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
        hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .442
        GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
        burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
        rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
        DrDemento          5-18- 3  13 points  .250
        RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
        FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
        HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
        jericho            3- 8- 0   6 points  .273
        Waite21            2- 5- 1   5 points  .312
        JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
        REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
        RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
        JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
        berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
        fishcore12         0- 0- 2   2 points  .500
        lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
        NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
        redrocker          0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
        RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
        Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
        vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
        RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        jmhusker           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        RPI92              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        RPI fan 4 life     0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
        hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
        Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
        http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
        http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I see that the Alb. Devs are playing their game @ 2pm. Ice at the TUC isn’t the greatest to begin with. Could see some real bounces tonight.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            I see that the Alb. Devs are playing their game @ 2pm. Ice at the TUC isn’t the greatest to begin with. Could see some real bounces tonight.
            Kind of funny that they are the opening act at their own rink.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Kind of funny that they are the opening act at their own rink.
              True, but they never draw the 8,000 or so fans that will be there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Although I would love a win(not often to get a chance to beat the last National Champ 3 times in one year). Honestly, I could care less. I just want our boys to play well and come out of this game feeling good and healthy and feeling good about themselves and their play in general. Save the energy for Dartmouth next week.
                100% agree with you Doc. But I would like to do a little bragging about sweeping a team that beat us 10 times in a row recently.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                  100% agree with you Doc. But I would like to do a little bragging about sweeping a team that beat us 10 times in a row recently.
                  For sure. But not at the risk of losing a player or two who can contribute to that 9 game final ECAC schedule. Obviously I am not the coach, but i would play my guys who have gotten less ice time so far this year and i would put my biggest physical line up on the ice I could. I would also split the goaltending and give each a fair share of the limelight. I do not like to lose. In fact, I am not sure that i like to win. I think I prefer to win big and make the other team wary of playing against us again. But in a non league game that will not affect our chanced of at at large bid one iota, I play this one safe.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    Funny how last year to Union "fans," this game didn't matter. Now all of a sudden it's the most important game of the year to them. Even though it doesn't matter, might as well still win. I'll be at the game (not on the air) so Go Red!
                    I know a lot of Union fans and most don't think much of this game. I don't even see any posts remotely implying this. What's funny is how you are obsessed with Union so much.
                    Last edited by johnk; 01-24-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      For sure. But not at the risk of losing a player or two who can contribute to that 9 game final ECAC schedule. Obviously I am not the coach, but i would play my guys who have gotten less ice time so far this year and i would put my biggest physical line up on the ice I could. I would also split the goaltending and give each a fair share of the limelight. I do not like to lose. In fact, I am not sure that i like to win. I think I prefer to win big and make the other team wary of playing against us again. But in a non league game that will not affect our chanced of at at large bid one iota, I play this one safe.
                      Absolute BS! Glad your not the coach. Game will have close to 9,000 fans, against a rival who has owned you over the past decade. Play to win no matter when. Maybe they should move the Beanpot to October too!
                      Last edited by johnk; 01-24-2015, 02:09 PM.

Comment

RPI Lines are out.....http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...on.pdf?id=2043
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I won't be able to listen in tonight, but I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates. Regarding attendance, I've heard some big numbers thrown around... 8000, 9000, 10000?! In terms of eyeballs, tonight's game could be more important than any other game this season in that more opinions of our program and our play will be formed tonight than any other night which is quite ironic...

In any event, tonight is all about playing smart and keeping things clean. As DrD points out, injuries must be avoided at all costs... and for the love of God, no suspensions!
                          Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
                            I won't be able to listen in tonight, but I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates. Regarding attendance, I've heard some big numbers thrown around... 8000, 9000, 10000?! In terms of eyeballs, tonight's game could be more important than any other game this season in that more opinions of our program and our play will be formed tonight than any other night which is quite ironic...

In any event, tonight is all about playing smart and keeping things clean. As DrD points out, injuries must be avoided at all costs... and for the love of God, no suspensions!

Agree with a lot of what you say but you imply that injuries must be avoided at all costs like you have a choice on getting injured? There is no such thing as playing not to get hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                              Agree with a lot of what you say but you imply that injuries must be avoided at all costs like you have a choice on getting injured? There is no such thing as playing not to get hurt!
                              Yeah but for example it seems like a few of our guys have had shoulder problems... so don't throw any unnecessary shoulders in the heat of the moment.
                              Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X