X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That's changing. They have a number of American style craft breweries now. That law is quickly becoming a thing of the past.
    Interesting. Is there a German twist to it? (I'm always looking for brewers who banish hops back to whatever circle of hell they came from.)
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Interesting. Is there a German twist to it? (I'm always looking for brewers who banish hops back to whatever circle of hell they came from.)
      In that case, I sure hope the top of my pint glass is that specific circle of hell.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        In that case, I sure hope the top of my pint glass is that specific circle of hell.
        I know, the Hops Revolution has been the Hops Revulsion for me.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I know, the Hops Revolution has been the Hops Revulsion for me.
          There are multiple types of hops, and not all of them are bitter. Some of them actually taste good. Those bitter ones, the hops that make up all (almost all?) IPAs, those are horrible.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Not sure. I didn't have time to make it. It's called CREW, IIRC.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              There are multiple types of hops, and not all of them are bitter. Some of them actually taste good. Those bitter ones, the hops that make up all (almost all?) IPAs, those are horrible.
              Your first line was perfect. Your second line was two trains colliding.

Hops can be super citrusy like Citra and Mosaic. Some of the northeast IPAs that use mosaic look, taste, and drink like orange juice.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Your first line was perfect. Your second line was two trains colliding.

Hops can be super citrusy like Citra and Mosaic. Some of the northeast IPAs that use mosaic look, taste, and drink like orange juice.
                I've avoided IPAs because the only ones I've tasted have all been bitter. Care to steer me towards some non-bitter brews?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed is my favorite. My mom hates IPAs but said she would definitely order that one again.

For northeast IPAs, if you can find M43 (doubtful) I'd try that. Otherwise check your local IPA-friendly brewery's website. Though these can be hit or miss. And keep them out of the sun. They've tended to get skunky on me pretty quickly.
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I may be slandering all hops because IPAs suck so hard. Got any good examples of hops that aren't graphite mixed with cow sh-t?
                    Cornell University

Comment

See above. Or, iirc, in your case, below.
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I may be slandering all hops because IPAs suck so hard. Got any good examples of hops that aren't graphite mixed with cow sh-t?
                        Founders Mosaic Promise.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I love IPA's. But anytime my friends who are IPA snobs get too high and mighty about the latest offering with a high IBU rating, I like to remind them their favorite beers are basically the result of a bunch of Brits trying to come up with a beer formaldehyde that would let their precious ales survive the six month camel ride to India.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

IPAs are also a lazy way to mask a bad brew. Got a batch that doesn't taste all that great? Bomb it with hops and call it a triple ultra IPA. People will love it.
                            Last edited by unofan; 08-16-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Wrong.
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Wrong.
                                Not all IPAs are created that way, but the act of hop bombing a brew to mask flaws is certainly a practice that has been done countless times.

Comment

Working...
                                X