X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Anyone who would waste even a moment's time while in Hawaii watching sports sans a championship game that their team is in... is a questionable person.

I can't deny that, but the lady already knows I'm a questionable person, so no loss there

Comment

Anyone who would waste even a moment's time while in Hawaii watching sports sans a championship game that their team is in... is a questionable person.

Thank you for the exception of a championship game. Watched the Gophers hockey repeat while I was in Vegas in 2003.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Thank you for the exception of a championship game. Watched the Gophers hockey repeat while I was in Vegas in 2003.

I've missed many a Packers, Blackhawks or Badgers game while in warmer climes. Most of the time I don't even know what day of the week it is and that there is even a game going on and I rarely even remember to check a score.

if I were somewhere during a Super Bowl or NCAA Championship game for my team though, I'd try to see it. No question.

Comment

I've missed many a Packers, Blackhawks or Badgers game while in warmer climes. Most of the time I don't even know what day of the week it is and that there is even a game going on and I rarely even remember to check a score.

if I were somewhere during a Super Bowl or NCAA Championship game for my team though, I'd try to see it. No question.
          Normal games? Sure, I'll miss 'em, doesn't matter where I am at. But a title game? Not missing it. Ever.

Sidenote: when your non-hockey friends have to play catch-up with you at 7pm local time....yeah, that was a great game.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Funny I said this. ^

The Badgers have a ways to go to get to the Final Four, but if they do, I'll be in St. Lucia.

And our rooms don't have TVs.

Hope their bar does...

Comment

I'm lining up places I need to eat at in the Twin Cities for when I visit in October. So far, I have:

Mickey's
              Al's Breakfast
              Matt's Bar (for the original Jucy Lucy)
              The 508 Club
              Gasthof's

I'm also trying to find an excellent place to eat a fat sandwich and drink beer after the marathon on October 4. Preferably near the finish line.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                I'm lining up places I need to eat at in the Twin Cities for when I visit in October. So far, I have:

Mickey's
                Al's Breakfast
                Matt's Bar (for the original Jucy Lucy)
                The 508 Club
                Gasthof's

I'm also trying to find an excellent place to eat a fat sandwich and drink beer after the marathon on October 4. Preferably near the finish line.
                Where's the finish line? A lot of people like the Big Ten bar near Stadium Village for their hoagies, near the corner of SE Washington Ave and SE Harvard St. It's been a while since I've eaten there, but they were good that long, long time ago.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Where's the finish line? A lot of people like the Big Ten bar near Stadium Village for their hoagies, near the corner of SE Washington Ave and SE Harvard St. It's been a while since I've eaten there, but they were good that long, long time ago.
                  According to Twin Cities in Motion (tcmevents.org):

This point-to-point course begins near the future location of the new Minnesota Vikings Stadium in downtown Minneapolis and finishes at the Minnesota State Capitol in Saint Paul. The course winds around four beautiful lakes and along both sides of the Mississippi River. The course contains a few rolling hills; but with a starting and finishing elevation of approximately 840 feet and no climbs over 100 feet long, it's nothing you can’t handle. The final stretch races past the clanging bells of the Saint Paul Cathedral and downhill onto the spectacular view of the State Capitol and the finish line!
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    According to Twin Cities in Motion (tcmevents.org):
                    Just for gits and shiggles, they should change the course so that as your run past the St. Paul Cathedral, the finish line is located at Ramsey St and W 7th St.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Anyone gone to Aruba? Worth it for a couple of 60 year olds?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Dropped 6 bills on a GoPro and all the fixins yesterday.

Have been planning on getting one of these before the St. Lucia trip. Hope to get some great footage of scuba, zipline and anything else that seems interesting.

Should be fun at Disney too.

Just gotta figure out how to work this thing now...

Maybe I'll put it on my hockey helmet.

Comment

Maybe I'll put it on my hockey helmet.
                          One of my team's opponents did just that during the US Pond Hockey Championships back in 2012(?) when GoPro was still in its infancy. A few weeks later someone on my team found the video on Youtube. It was our third game of the day, so most of us on our Team o' Fatties were just standing around by that point. Even with the abundance of standing around we still won. Because we're Minnesotans and they aren't.

Comment

No. Not now. Not ever. I am afraid of heights and I'd be cleaning my pants after the 1st meter.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              No. Not now. Not ever. I am afraid of heights and I'd be cleaning my pants after the 1st meter.
                              Where do I sign up?
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                That whole "lean against the Sears Tower window" thing that people do? Not even once.

Comment

Working...
                                X