X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
    Thank you much! Keep them coming.

As for the hospital food in Cleveland...I always found it ironic that the Cleveland Clinic (rated "number 1" in cardiac care) had a McDonald's inside.
    Well, the Egg McMuffin can be healthy-ish if you tell them to leave the plastic cheese off...

...OK, no one does that. So, not really.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
      Skyline chili in Cincy
      while famous, not a great place to eat.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

As for the hospital food in Cleveland...I always found it ironic that the Cleveland Clinic (rated "number 1" in cardiac care) had a McDonald's inside.
        Ours has a Dunkins. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Ours has a Dunkins. Nuff said.
          Gotta get them repeat visitors.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Booked a trip to Sweden for my wife and I for November. Saw a great deal for flights, under $450 round trip on Delta/KLM, and since we've wanted to make this trip, we jumped on the deal. Now, 11 months of planning.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Booked a trip to Sweden for my wife and I for November. Saw a great deal for flights, under $450 round trip on Delta/KLM, and since we've wanted to make this trip, we jumped on the deal. Now, 11 months of planning.
              Wow, nice. That's even cheaper than the flights to Barcelona I've been seeing out of Delta.

Anyone been to Montreal and have recommendations? Still evaluating my destination options for fall.

EDIT: Looked further, and wow MN folks have it good with bb_dl's deal. Same flights from DTW are $1000+, which is not surprising since direct flights between DTW and MSP are usually $500+, "thanks" to Delta's monopoly on that route. So they are obviously making a deal for Scandinavians in MN.

You know, once you're in the EU, you can often jump between other EU countries for <$200 by air. I know it's a heritage trip for you, but I'd look to try and to spend a least a couple days somewhere else.
              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-14-2017, 01:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Wow, nice. That's even cheaper than the flights to Barcelona I've been seeing out of Delta.

Anyone been to Montreal and have recommendations? Still evaluating my destination options for fall.

EDIT: Looked further, and wow MN folks have it good with bb_dl's deal. Same flights from DTW are $1000+, which is not surprising since direct flights between DTW and MSP are usually $500+, "thanks" to Delta's monopoly on that route. So they are obviously making a deal for Scandinavians in MN.

You know, once you're in the EU, you can often jump between other EU countries for <$200 by air. I know it's a heritage trip for you, but I'd look to try and to spend a least a couple days somewhere else.
                If you're a Swede, you can stay the hill away from Norway.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Yeah, it was a great deal, which is why we jumped on it. It was actually about $30 cheaper earlier in the day, but we missed out on that fare.

We're actually going to rent a car for half of the trip, to visit some small villages where my family is from, and we will end up pretty close to the Norway border, so thinking of spending a day/night in Oslo. And, Burd, I'm half Swede and half Norwegian, so I can visit either. Haha
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Cruising to Nassau (blah), St. Maarten and St. Thomas tomorrow for the week. Should be a fun time.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      Cruising to Nassau (blah), St. Maarten and St. Thomas tomorrow for the week. Should be a fun time.
                      Please let me know what you think of St. Maarten. It's one of the few Caribbean islands that sounds to me like it might be worth a trip. I have zero interest in St. Thomas, Barbados, and the more "touristy/beachy" ones. If I'm going to tolerate the year-round humidity, I need some good scenery, or a unique culture.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Please let me know what you think of St. Maarten. It's one of the few Caribbean islands that sounds to me like it might be worth a trip. I have zero interest in St. Thomas, Barbados, and the more "touristy/beachy" ones. If I'm going to tolerate the year-round humidity, I need some good scenery, or a unique culture.
                        Will do. Obviously only there for like 8-9 hours I think, but I'll give my best review when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I've heard very good things about St Maarten.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Will do. Obviously only there for like 8-9 hours I think, but I'll give my best review when I get back.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I've heard very good things about St Maarten.
                            Fair enough

Comment

St John is beautiful if you like to snorkel. 3/4 of the Island is a national park.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                St John is beautiful if you like to snorkel. 3/4 of the Island is a national park.
                                St. John and St. Maarten are two that are on the list at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X