X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    In October, I'm visiting the Twin Cities for the marathon again. Planned stops include Matt's Bar, Gasthof's, the Science Center, the Capitol, and a couple other places. I also understand there is a fantastic breakfast spot that starts with an "L," but I forgot its name.
    Don't forget Mickey's Diner!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

headed to Boston in April for Frozen Four
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Colorado this summer for a long weekend. Haven't been there in quite a while, and Brenthoven needs new ink.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Don't forget Mickey's Diner!
          Just before leaving last time in 2012, my hostess took me there for breakfast. Must go back.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Heading to Palm Desert, CA the last week in February.
            Can. Not. Wait.
            May take a day in LA for some beach time and maybe some rube stuff like the walk of fame & Hollywood sign.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              Heading to Palm Desert, CA the last week in February.
              Can. Not. Wait.
              May take a day in LA for some beach time and maybe some rube stuff like the walk of fame & Hollywood sign.
              That would indeed be Rube stuff, given my love for movies and the like.

Comment

If the wife gives me the go-ahead, I'm hoping to get to Home Depot this weekend. Thinking sandpaper, maybe some drill bits. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  If the wife gives me the go-ahead, I'm hoping to get to Home Depot this weekend. Thinking sandpaper, maybe some drill bits. Fingers crossed.
                  Maybe Bed Bath And Beyond, if you have the time?

Comment

Lots to see and do. Be sure to check out the North end. Very cool area.
                    Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    headed to Boston in April for Frozen Four

Comment

Considering a trip to Maine this summer, it's still up in the air. If gases prices hold, it may be more likely.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Planning two trips, each to a place I've never been. Spring in New Orleans after the crowds have left town; fall in Santa Fe as a long (years and years) advance scouting for retirement.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          Thinking about Iceland with the wife for our 10 year anniversary. Hope to do some backpacking/hiking.
                          A friend of mine just did this -- he and his wife are ex-82nd Airborne superhumans who backpack and hike everywhere; they loved it.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                            Lots to see and do. Be sure to check out the North end. Very cool area.
                            I was at 04 frozen four, easy drive for me
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Need some ideas for a road trip with FlagDUDETTE. Sure, I have the 48-stater, and maybe also a road trip to Alaska. We do Franconia Notch every autumn already.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Considering a trip to Maine this summer, it's still up in the air. If gases prices hold, it may be more likely.
                                Where in Maine? Lots of neat little villages along the coast. I live in Bar Harbor, which is beautiful in the summer (but busy).

Comment

Working...
                                X