This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

mookie is booked in first on emirates for his asian trips. wonder if he will run into jennifer at the bar or in the showers?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well, after the 2 week excursion to Sweden and Norway, my next trip is Vegas. My wife wants to do something other than drink, gamble, watch hockey, watch **** cirque shows, and fornicate, like go to Hoover Dam, or something like that. Any suggestions?
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Well, after the 2 week excursion to Sweden and Norway, my next trip is Vegas. My wife wants to do something other than drink, gamble, watch hockey, watch **** cirque shows, and fornicate, like go to Hoover Dam, or something like that. Any suggestions?
        drawing a blank..... sorry

Comment

looks as though mookie is going to fall 1,300 eqm short of platinum. may have to fly down to lga and back friday under a first class ticket to gain status. no excited about spending the money to get this but think it'll be worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Area 51?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If you're up for a day trip go to Death Valley, it's gorgeous. Closer in: Red Rock Canyon on the western caldera is lovely. The National Atomic Testing Museum is interesting. There's an Erotic Heritage Museum on, and I'm not making this up, Sammy Davis Drive but I never went there. The current exhibit is pen-s puppets.

You better go to a Golden Knights game and give us a report on the barn.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Zion National Park is about a 2.5 hour drive away. If you can get away for a day or two, do it. Just get there first thing in the morning before the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  If you're up for a day trip go to Death Valley, it's gorgeous. Closer in: Red Rock Canyon on the western caldera is lovely. The National Atomic Testing Museum is interesting. There's an Erotic Heritage Museum on, and I'm not making this up, Sammy Davis Drive but I never went there. The current exhibit is pen-s puppets.

You better go to a Golden Knights game and give us a report on the barn.
                  Not going to a Golden Knights game. Going to the tournament between BC, ASU, Tech and NMU, which is in the Knights arena on the strip.

Maybe a day trip to Death Valley would be the way to go. That would be cool to see.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Not going to a Golden Knights game. Going to the tournament between BC, ASU, Tech and NMU, which is in the Knights arena on the strip.

Maybe a day trip to Death Valley would be the way to go. That would be cool to see.
                    mookie searched for teddy shrisai in bangkok. you can look for chow in vegas

Comment

Even better. Zion and Arches are both breath-taking. See them before the GOP destroys them.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The first weekend in January is pretty dead in Las Vegas. It's after the holidays and before the Adult Entertainment Expo.

Once you remove gambling and shows from the equation, you're somewhat limited. The pools won't be open. It won't likely be great golf weather.

Day trips like those suggested by others are great, but you're going to spend the entire day, and you probably won't get a great deal of time hiking in the parks or actually doing the activity. Hoover Dam is fine, but I personally wouldn't drive back to see it again, for what that tells you.

You didn't really indicate what your interests are. Most people think of Las Vegas and think of gambling and partying. Las Vegas might very well be the premier food destination, and shopping destination, in this country. There are no major high end stores in this country that don't have a brick and mortar presence somewhere in Las Vegas, it seems. If either you or your spouse are into that sort of thing, it's an option.

The dining opportunities are even more spectacular. Whether it's seafood, steaks, or anything else that you fancy, you will find it there. If you're prepared to spend some coin, you can sit through 15 course meals served to you by world famous chefs.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

good point. even mookie likes shopping the caesar's mall.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            The first weekend in January is pretty dead in Las Vegas. It's after the holidays and before the Adult Entertainment Expo.
                            The first paragraph is perfect.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Penn and Teller? Strip clubs?
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Even better. Zion and Arches are both breath-taking. See them before the GOP destroys them.
                                Just about all of southern Utah is an absolute treasure.

Comment

Working...
                                X