This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

On a side note... I just found out you can bring ice skates in your carryon. I figured with how easily you can remove the blades, a couple of Canadians with skates/blades could easily use those as weapons on a plane. I'm not worried about it, just thought it was curious.

Also... as a tip for travelers who like a beverage but don't like to pay ridiculous prices: Get 3 small bottles from Walgreens/Target/etc and fill them with your favorite alcohol. You can bring them through security without a problem. We usually do vodka and get the dry crystal light packets. Then you just need to find water on the other side of security and you have a nice beverage.
    Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 01-04-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Have you tried calling AAA? They usually have deals with various carriers
      I don't have AAA (USAA insurance covers almost all the benefits of AAA). I'll look into getting it for this trip.
      Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Going completely off the reservation, but have you looked into one way RV rentals?
      I hadn't even considered it, but it's not a completely off the wall idea. I'll look into it. If it saves us money on a hotel and restaurants that might balance out the increased cost of gas. Thanks for the suggestion!
      Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Are you renting a car? I looked into a trip like this and found awesome airfare but renting a car up North and returning it down south was quite the fee.
      This is exactly our problem.
      Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I've done one way rentals a few times and didn't pay outrageous fees. Try Costco if you can, Priceline, etc. sometimes location and date aren't flexible but I've almost always figured something out
      I don't have Costco, but this might be the excuse I need to get a membership (I prefer BJ's to Costco, but I'm sure they have car rental stuff too). Also, *giggle*

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
        Also... as a tip for travelers who like a beverage but don't like to pay ridiculous prices: Get 3 small bottles from Walgreens/Target/etc and fill them with your favorite alcohol. You can bring them through security without a problem. We usually do vodka and get the dry crystal light packets. Then you just need to find water on the other side of security and you have a nice beverage.
        Drinking them on an airplane is illegal unless served to you by a crew member. If caught, law enforcement will most likely be meeting you at the gate.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Drinking them on an airplane is illegal unless served to you by a crew member. If caught, law enforcement will most likely be meeting you at the gate.
          Considering he's already describing how to circumvent security lines, I don't think that's an issue...

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Considering he's already describing how to circumvent security lines, I don't think that's an issue...
            TSA isn't an issue. They don't care as long as it's less than 3 oz. Most people get away with it, but it still doesn't make it legal to consume. I've had to call LEO's more than once to meet flights for this.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Flight for Bangkok leaves in a few hours. First trip back to my wife's homeland in several years and I cannot wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Flight for Bangkok leaves in a few hours. First trip back to my wife's homeland in several years and I cannot wait.
                Fly well, Slap.

Try to get there in time to catch some F'Hawks hockey tonight. Today. Yesterday morning. Whatever it is there.
                Last edited by burd; 01-06-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Fly well, Slap.

Try to get there in time to catch some F'Hawks hockey tonight. Today. Yesterday morning. Whatever it is there.
                  Well, Bangkok, so a head.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    I should have included that part in my post. I was more taking about the hour plus between security and boarding.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      TSA isn't an issue. They don't care as long as it's less than 3 oz. Most people get away with it, but it still doesn't make it legal to consume. I've had to call LEO's more than once to meet flights for this.
                      My wife tells me stories about folks so drunk they can barely stand up. They don't fly, they are told to go sober up which means out of security into the bar on non secure side
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Taking a road trip. Anyone have recommendations for good restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville, or Nashville?
                        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                          Taking a road trip. Anyone have recommendations for good restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville, or Nashville?
                          Skyline chili in Cincy

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                            Are we talking medical centers? I assume you have acquired a taste for hospital cafeteria food.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                              If you're interested in BBQ, find a Montgomery Inn around Cincinnati. They're pretty interesting inside, usually some neat sports memorabilia from players who have frequented the establishments.

Comment

Thank you much! Keep them coming.

As for the hospital food in Cleveland...I always found it ironic that the Cleveland Clinic (rated "number 1" in cardiac care) had a McDonald's inside.
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X