Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536

Thread: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

lubba wubba dub dub

Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    welcome to the rest of the world

US is the only place where one is programmed to wait their turn to get up and start the march up front
    America: Worldwide Leader in Civility.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    America: Worldwide Leader in Civility.
    who knew
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Still upright

I don't get the window often but I do like looking outside and seeing the sights. sometimes it's nice to know where you are and what's happening outside. tough on your eyeballs though.
    Sitting next to her,.... i've seen worse, I mean you could have been next to a UND fan.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    I don't get the window often but I do like looking outside and seeing the sights. sometimes it's nice to know where you are and what's happening outside. tough on your eyeballs though.
    Sitting next to her,.... i've seen worse, I mean you could have been next to a UND fan.
    The thing is, there is not much to see when you're out over the North Atlantic for 60% of the flight.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Still upright

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The thing is, there is not much to see when you're out over the North Atlantic for 60% of the flight.
    Sometimes that's the case but last week our flight to Detroit flew over the middle of Greenland and then down by Hudson's Bay. amazing views.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Several years ago, we took a number of shorter flights around Turkey with our daughter, who had lived there for several years and flew weekly for business to Ankara, Izmir, and Antalya. She told us the young men would jump up during taxi and push their way ahead, even being rude to older women. She was right. We loved the Turkish people we met, but that was an odd experience.
    Pinoys are extremely friendly but if there's a queue to join, an elevator to get into or an intersection to cross by car they'd slit your throat if it allowed them to go first. It's really, really bizarre. Not unlike my experiences in the Middle East and other parts of SE Asia and Africa. Japan is the lone exception I've found in the Eastern hemisphere.

Thread Information