X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Several years ago, we took a number of shorter flights around Turkey with our daughter, who had lived there for several years and flew weekly for business to Ankara, Izmir, and Antalya. She told us the young men would jump up during taxi and push their way ahead, even being rude to older women. She was right. We loved the Turkish people we met, but that was an odd experience.
    Pinoys are extremely friendly but if there's a queue to join, an elevator to get into or an intersection to cross by car they'd slit your throat if it allowed them to go first. It's really, really bizarre. Not unlike my experiences in the Middle East and other parts of SE Asia and Africa. Japan is the lone exception I've found in the Eastern hemisphere.

Comment

Dubai is pricy

(Just make a note of that)
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Dubai is pricy

(Just make a note of that)
        Very much so. Abu Dhabi is the same if you end up there. As is Doha, Riyadh, Manama...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Very much so. Abu Dhabi is the same if you end up there. As is Doha, Riyadh, Manama...
          Well.... given that a package of Oreos are $10 at the sultan center in Kuwait, Mookie thought he knew what privy was

But WHOA!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Well.... given that a package of Oreos are $10 at the sultan center in Kuwait, Mookie thought he knew what privy was

But WHOA!!!
            So you **** a brick when you saw the prices??
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

On my way back from my first trip to Germany. Hit up Wurzburg, Erlangen (where we are moving in February), Salzburg, St. Gilgen, Munich and Nuremberg. Mostly incredible although a bit underwhelmed by Salzburg.

I literally didn't want to get on the plane to come back. I can't wait to move here.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                On my way back from my first trip to Germany. Hit up Wurzburg, Erlangen (where we are moving in February), Salzburg, St. Gilgen, Munich and Nuremberg. Mostly incredible although a bit underwhelmed by Salzburg.

I literally didn't want to get on the plane to come back. I can't wait to move here.
                congratulations on obtaining refugee status and successfully fleeing the orange menace

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  congratulations on obtaining refugee status and successfully fleeing the orange menace
                  I thought the same thing. The question is will he qualify to come back (if he wants to)?

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    Funny how everyone wants to be like Mookie.

those WWMD bracelets sell like hot cakes

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      I'm in the process of "reclaiming" my Luxembourg citizenship.
                      One never knows..... 😀

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        One never knows..... ��
                        i want mum les to get her UK citizenship. then I can get mine. One generation too late

Comment

tuesday mookie will be in the dasman lounge, then the ba heathrow in T3
                          wednesday will be in the ba edinburgh lounge
                          friday is the mother load... the one and only concorde lounge at heathrow T5

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            tuesday mookie will be in the dasman lounge, then the ba heathrow in T3
                            wednesday will be in the ba edinburgh lounge
                            friday is the mother load... the one and only concorde lounge at heathrow T5
                            Ah yes, airline lounges. Where the question is always, "How much complimentary stuff can I squeeze out of this joint before my flight?"

Of course, sitting through a layover in a relatively tranquil space (compared to the main terminal) without the pleebs and their screaming brats is nice, too. As is having decent WiFi (in most cases).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Ah yes, airline lounges. Where the question is always, "How much complimentary stuff can I squeeze out of this joint before my flight?"

Of course, sitting through a layover in a relatively tranquil space (compared to the main terminal) without the pleebs and their screaming brats is nice, too. As is having decent WiFi (in most cases).
                              mookie isn't lying when he tell you he moved his friday flight from 11a to 6p so he could spend more time in the concorde lounge

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                One never knows..... 😀
                                I can't even imagine a situation where I'd ever consider wanting a citizenship other than with the USA. And if you get another citizenship you should have to forfeit your US citizenship.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X