X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I've avoided IPAs because the only ones I've tasted have all been bitter. Care to steer me towards some non-bitter brews?
    Go to Barrel Theory, they have the best examples of NE IPA in the cities.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      IPAs are also a lazy way to mask a bad brew. Got a batch that doesn't taste all that great? Bomb it with hops and call it a triple ultra IPA. People will love it.
      But....a triple IPA is a beer that needs to have hops added during the early part of the boil...so how do you make a triple IPA by adding a bunch of dry hopping? Dry hopping does not add IBU, which defines pale ale, IPA, IIPA, IIIPA, so, really, you're just full of ****.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Don't they have a beer thread? (I can't drink- it makes me really sick so this is killing me)

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Go to Barrel Theory, they have the best examples of NE IPA in the cities.
          I agree. I'll actually be there Friday afternoon.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            The transfer desk had a wait of 120-385 minutes.

Puke.

Thank God we had a travel agent.
            Was it through mother minings TA?
            I've heard they do a great job in situations like you experienced.
            Last edited by Greyeagle; 08-16-2017, 09:21 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

NE IPAs are wonderful. And this is from a stout guy.

King's Burgers: better than House Of Coates (also wonderful) and that's saying something.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Well, were being put up in €280/night rooms at the Sheraton. It will suffice.
                Cha Ching on the bonus points
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Cha Ching on the bonus points
                  Corporate card.

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  Was it through mother minings TA?
                  I've heard they do a great job in situations like you experienced.
                  It was and they were amazing.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Corporate card.
                    Ugh. I miss the days of double-dipping on points - book everything to a personal card to get the double points on the card, save the receipts, earn your hotel and airline points for staying/flying, expense at the end of the trip.

All the big ticket stuff has to go on the AmEx Corporate Gold now.

Comment

Mookie gets the airline and hotel points but misses out on the card earning with the corp Amex

Also miss the membership rewards since company keeps these to get cash back. Suppose they can keep that since Mookie gets to fly business or first and the sweet bonus miles
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Ugh. I miss the days of double-dipping on points - book everything to a personal card to get the double points on the card, save the receipts, earn your hotel and airline points for staying/flying, expense at the end of the trip.

All the big ticket stuff has to go on the AmEx Corporate Gold now.
                        Yeah, but at least get to keep the points for the flight, or the actual stay, just not the points for the purchase. Better than nothing. At the same time, I'm glad I don't have to put a $10,000 trip to India on my personal card...

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Almost have all of our bookings complete for my family's trip to Sweden and Norway. Just 2 nights in Bergen to get a vacation rental booked, but my sister is supposed to be taking care of that one...

We'll have 3 days in Stockholm, and planning on going to a Djurgarden game at Hovet one night there. Driving across southern Sweden to check out a few places where my family is from. Going to Oslo, then flying to Bergen for 2 days, to do Fjord tours. Then flying back to Oslo and spending 2 days there. Lastly, driving to Gothenburg to spend a day there.

Edit: Also, very close to tracking down some living relatives in Sweden. I found family and where they lived to 1985, and I know which church they belonged to. I reached out to the church, and got a response from the guy that runs their website. He said he's going show my questions to his colleagues, and he thinks they will be able to help me out and put me in touch with the family.
                          Last edited by bigblue_dl; 08-17-2017, 11:23 AM.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Almost have all of our bookings complete for my family's trip to Sweden and Norway. Just 2 nights in Bergen to get a vacation rental booked, but my sister is supposed to be taking care of that one...

We'll have 3 days in Stockholm, and planning on going to a Djurgarden game at Hovet one night there. Driving across southern Sweden to check out a few places where my family is from. Going to Oslo, then flying to Bergen for 2 days, to do Fjord tours. Then flying back to Oslo and spending 2 days there. Lastly, driving to Gothenburg to spend a day there.

Edit: Also, very close to tracking down some living relatives in Sweden. I found family and where they lived to 1985, and I know which church they belonged to. I reached out to the church, and got a response from the guy that runs their website. He said he's going show my questions to his colleagues, and he thinks they will be able to help me out and put me in touch with the family.
                            This is so cool! I am in touch with a 2nd cousin over there. They use Heritage site for family tree stuff. You may want to check on there- that is where all the cousins have hooked up with each other.

Comment

I actually made it on a plane! That's good!

I didn't get a window seat. That's bad...

There's free premium booze on transatlantic fights (front to back!) served a couple times a flight and they don't mind serving you a double. That's good!

I'm sitting next to someone who believes that showers are the way the devil gets inside you. That's bad...

The food is immensely improved over the last time I remember eating on a flight (it was actually quite tasty!) That's good!

The meals likely contain potassium benzoate.
                              Code:
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh my god. Literally the only person on the entire A330 with her window open (strike one) is now fanning herself with a large red pamphlet that is pulsating an immensely bright light across he entire cabin (strike 2).

What in the actual ****? Do you not use a light for reading and the **** air vent to cool yourself off?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X