This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

There was a reason I said in HS I never want to go to Mexico. Risk is not worth reward. I saw the writing on the wall:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/1023620001/
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

For the record Mookie will try to fly Emirates anytime he heads to Asia
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        There was a reason I said in HS I never want to go to Mexico. Risk is not worth reward. I saw the writing on the wall:

Oh, were you in HS 2 years ago?

I dont think the writing on the wall from 20 years ago counts.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Pretty sure the cartels were around then, also.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              I played three courses last week. All had book rate greens fees over 150 and all were about 60 dollars for me to play. One guy we played with got his tee time on Last Minute golfer.com for 20 dollars. So it's out there. You have to be discriminating in Vegas for sure, but there are some nice courses and the greens are usually very fast. You can also go up to Mesquite which is about an hour and they have a couple of real nice courses for a lot less.
              That sounds good. Glad you had a good time.

In fairness, all of my golf in Las Vegas has usually been as a part of a "guys trip" involving a minimum of eight people, so we don't have a ton of flexibility in terms of tee times. We try to get it set up ahead of time. Also, I assume December and January have to the cheapest times to play. Most of my play out there has been March or April.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Eh, I'm not too worried. If I can survive Little Aleppo, I mean, Stockholm, I can survive anywhere.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

There are certainly some parts of Mexico that should be avoided, but the State Department's advisories are pretty alarmist right now. They've got any European country with substantial numbers of Mooselimbs at a minimum of Level 2, which is silly, but not unexpected from our current kakistocracy.

Comment

Omaha for work in 2 weeks. Just 2 nights. Anyone have advice (mainly for food)? I already looked and UNO is at St. Cloud, which is too bad as I'd have considered fudging an excuse to stick around on Friday night and fly home on Saturday morning.

Staying across from Old Market, which looks sufficiently "under-35/yuppie". I'll eat almost anything.

Comment

japanese whiskey...... thick head this morning for mookie

Comment

Anyone have any good hotel recommendations for Reykjavik, Paris, and Nice?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

This was about as enjoyable as a bag of sh-t through a snowblower.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Anyone have any good hotel recommendations for Reykjavik, Paris, and Nice?
                            I wouldn’t stay in nice itself. Go to Juan le pins or Antibes

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              I wouldn’t stay in nice itself. Go to Juan le pins or Antibes
                              Why not? It’s nice!

Comment

Has anyone been to Jamaica? Thinking about doing an all-inclusive at a Secrets resort down there with for my honeymoon next December with my fiance.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X