Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Looks prettier than Dubai, if you ask me.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Looks prettier than Dubai, if you ask me.
    Nothing wrong with Dubai

Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Nothing wrong with Dubai
    A giant glass dick, versus the Rotterdam Markthal? I'll take the latter.

But I'd stand on the observation deck of the former, if someone else paid.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Fade has better things to do, like stand on DPRK soil, and 'offend' them by signaling "victory" in front of the ROK soldier (made the mistake of making this one public on Imgur).

EDIT: My favorite troll comment - "I didn't know Adidas made military uniforms"
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-19-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Fade has better things to do, like stand on DPRK soil, and 'offend' them by signaling "victory" in front of the ROK soldier (made the mistake of making this one public on Imgur).

EDIT: My favorite troll comment - "I didn't know Adidas made military uniforms"
    fade whip it out and water the soil?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

mookie is booked in first on emirates for his asian trips. wonder if he will run into jennifer at the bar or in the showers?

Well, after the 2 week excursion to Sweden and Norway, my next trip is Vegas. My wife wants to do something other than drink, gamble, watch hockey, watch **** cirque shows, and fornicate, like go to Hoover Dam, or something like that. Any suggestions?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Well, after the 2 week excursion to Sweden and Norway, my next trip is Vegas. My wife wants to do something other than drink, gamble, watch hockey, watch **** cirque shows, and fornicate, like go to Hoover Dam, or something like that. Any suggestions?
    drawing a blank..... sorry

looks as though mookie is going to fall 1,300 eqm short of platinum. may have to fly down to lga and back friday under a first class ticket to gain status. no excited about spending the money to get this but think it'll be worth it.

Area 51?

If you're up for a day trip go to Death Valley, it's gorgeous. Closer in: Red Rock Canyon on the western caldera is lovely. The National Atomic Testing Museum is interesting. There's an Erotic Heritage Museum on, and I'm not making this up, Sammy Davis Drive but I never went there. The current exhibit is pen-s puppets.

You better go to a Golden Knights game and give us a report on the barn.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Zion National Park is about a 2.5 hour drive away. If you can get away for a day or two, do it. Just get there first thing in the morning before the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    If you're up for a day trip go to Death Valley, it's gorgeous. Closer in: Red Rock Canyon on the western caldera is lovely. The National Atomic Testing Museum is interesting. There's an Erotic Heritage Museum on, and I'm not making this up, Sammy Davis Drive but I never went there. The current exhibit is pen-s puppets.

You better go to a Golden Knights game and give us a report on the barn.
    Not going to a Golden Knights game. Going to the tournament between BC, ASU, Tech and NMU, which is in the Knights arena on the strip.

Maybe a day trip to Death Valley would be the way to go. That would be cool to see.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Not going to a Golden Knights game. Going to the tournament between BC, ASU, Tech and NMU, which is in the Knights arena on the strip.

Maybe a day trip to Death Valley would be the way to go. That would be cool to see.
    mookie searched for teddy shrisai in bangkok. you can look for chow in vegas

Even better. Zion and Arches are both breath-taking. See them before the GOP destroys them.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

The first weekend in January is pretty dead in Las Vegas. It's after the holidays and before the Adult Entertainment Expo.

Once you remove gambling and shows from the equation, you're somewhat limited. The pools won't be open. It won't likely be great golf weather.

Day trips like those suggested by others are great, but you're going to spend the entire day, and you probably won't get a great deal of time hiking in the parks or actually doing the activity. Hoover Dam is fine, but I personally wouldn't drive back to see it again, for what that tells you.

You didn't really indicate what your interests are. Most people think of Las Vegas and think of gambling and partying. Las Vegas might very well be the premier food destination, and shopping destination, in this country. There are no major high end stores in this country that don't have a brick and mortar presence somewhere in Las Vegas, it seems. If either you or your spouse are into that sort of thing, it's an option.

The dining opportunities are even more spectacular. Whether it's seafood, steaks, or anything else that you fancy, you will find it there. If you're prepared to spend some coin, you can sit through 15 course meals served to you by world famous chefs.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

good point. even mookie likes shopping the caesar's mall.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    The first weekend in January is pretty dead in Las Vegas. It's after the holidays and before the Adult Entertainment Expo.
    The first paragraph is perfect.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Penn and Teller? Strip clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Even better. Zion and Arches are both breath-taking. See them before the GOP destroys them.
    Just about all of southern Utah is an absolute treasure.

Thread Information