X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    When are you going? The Boss and I may be going to LUX/BEL/FRA in October/November.
    A couple of the plants around Europe, a tech conference, and a global summit for our chemical engineers. It’s apparently a big deal since they’re sending people from just about every continent.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      **** off with your business class bull**** you hoser.
      Your work doesn’t pay for business class for long haul flights? Ouch.
      Mine does when you hit a certain level

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        **** off with your business class bull**** you hoser.
        I won't get business class to London. Flight isn't long enough.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

My last minute flight to Germany last year was $2,600. How can your flight be reduced by that amount if it’s not upgraded..?
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Other than that you'd recommend it?

I feel bad about having said all of that, but it's true. Salt Lake could be nicer than Denver, however the long-time residents and their elected officials made a conscious decision to ruin it with unchecked development years ago (kind of like Denver now, TBH).

But hey - they have In-N-Out? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even if you did ski, you wouldn't be missing much in Park City, Deutsche. When I ski in Utah, I go to Alta to ski better snow with older, less douch3y money.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            My company, you have to be a director or higher and the flight has to be longer than 5 hours, IIRC.
            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 02-20-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I feel bad about having said all of that, but it's true. Salt Lake could be nicer than Denver, however the long-time residents and their elected officials made a conscious decision to ruin it with unchecked development years ago (kind of like Denver now, TBH).

But hey - they have In-N-Out? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even if you did ski, you wouldn't be missing much in Park City, Deutsche. When I ski in Utah, I go to Alta to ski better snow with older, less douch3y money.

My company, you have to be a director or higher and the flight has to be longer than 5 hours, IIRC.
              We’re similar - director or higher and I think it’s 8 hours or more . I’ve only had one work flight that qualified

Comment

Not sure if anyone gets biz/first class where dx and I work unless they somehow get updgraded on their own. Several coworkers were going to Japan, Taiwan, HK, etc several years ago when they got forced to the back.
                Though execs often do long hauls in G5s.

I coached the son of local CEO several years back. Let's say the only person around using his company's products on a regular basis is brent so they were struggling when he took over.
                Anyway, we were chatting about travel one day and he mentioned that early in his CEO tenure he mandated all employees, regardless of level, they would no longer fly in the front part of the plane. Including himself. He was about 6'5". Regardless if you agree with the decision or not I had to admire that he made his bovinepoop good and sat in back. By the way, the company has focused more in biz forms in recent years and seems to be doing ok.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  My last minute flight to Germany last year was $2,600. How can your flight be reduced by that amount if it’s not upgraded..?
                  If I go Sunday-Friday, or Sunday- Saturday the economy ticket is $3500. If I go Sunday-Sunday, I can get the same itinerary $800. Not sure what is causing such a huge difference. The flight to London is the same non-stop Delta flight, regardless.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Let's say the only person around using his company's products on a regular basis is brent so they were struggling when he took over.
                    So....they make rotary phones, or checkbooks?

I get to book business for international flights where total time in air (all segments added up) is more than 10 hours. So, London dosen't cut it. I got business class to India though.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      If I go Sunday-Friday, or Sunday- Saturday the economy ticket is $3500. If I go Sunday-Sunday, I can get the same itinerary $800. Not sure what is causing such a huge difference. The flight to London is the same non-stop Delta flight, regardless.
                      Probably a fare rule for Saturday stays, or stays of at least 6 nights.

Comment

So, the London trip. I think I will have 2 days there, the 2nd night I will want to stay near Heathrow, for an early flight the next morning. I should have 1 or 2 other nights in London. What areas are good to stay, close to the sites, convenient to the tube, etc? I will be alone on the corp card, so hotels only, no vacation rentals, airbnb, or anything like that.

Second, with 2 days, what are the must sees in London, what do I need to sign up for ahead of time (tours and such) and are there any pubs or restaurants that I need to visit?

Thanks ahead of time.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Probably a fare rule for Saturday stays, or stays of at least 6 nights.
                          It only works if I book via KLM, not Delta. I'm hoping it doesn't go away before I can book it.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Not sure if anyone gets biz/first class where dx and I work unless they somehow get updgraded on their own. Several coworkers were going to Japan, Taiwan, HK, etc several years ago when they got forced to the back.
                            Though execs often do long hauls in G5s.
                            G5s? I’m 95% sure we roll G6s as of this year. I’m also 100% sure they aren’t allowed to fly commercial for any flight once you’re on the executive committee. I know our CEO isn’t allowed to drive either.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            We used to. Until one division ****ed it up for the rest of us.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              So, the London trip. I think I will have 2 days there, the 2nd night I will want to stay near Heathrow, for an early flight the next morning. I should have 1 or 2 other nights in London. What areas are good to stay, close to the sites, convenient to the tube, etc? I will be alone on the corp card, so hotels only, no vacation rentals, airbnb, or anything like that.

Second, with 2 days, what are the must sees in London, what do I need to sign up for ahead of time (tours and such) and are there any pubs or restaurants that I need to visit?

Thanks ahead of time.
                              I am sure you will get good answers here but you may want to post on GPL, too, I know several there have spend significant time in London including my kid. He was there for a semester not too long ago and has been back a few times since so hopefully he will chime in with suggestions.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                G5s? I’m 95% sure we roll G6s as of this year.

We used to. Until one division ****ed it up for the rest of us.
                                Just pull a scott Pruitt, say you fear for your safety and need to ride up front!

Comment

Working...
                                X