X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Anyone have any good hotel recommendations for Reykjavik, Paris, and Nice?
    Nope. But the online tools work quite well all those places these days. One is well rewarded if they spend extra time shopping around.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Has anyone been to Jamaica? Thinking about doing an all-inclusive at a Secrets resort down there with for my honeymoon next December with my fiance.
      Swinger honeymoon is adventurous

Mookie likes the way you roll
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Has anyone been to Jamaica? Thinking about doing an all-inclusive at a Secrets resort down there with for my honeymoon next December with my fiance.
        I think she'll be your wife then.

What about Atlantis? Cuba?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          I think she'll be your wife then.

What about Atlantis? Cuba?
          If going to a resort to relax is the goal, Cuba is not an option. While there are many nice resorts, US citizens are not allowed to travel there to enjoy them. You can travel there for many other reasons, but relaxing on the beach is not one of them.

Given that your little boy at 1600 tightened the rules up, joe, you should know that.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Omaha for work in 2 weeks. Just 2 nights. Anyone have advice (mainly for food)?
            Don't go to Omaha with Paco.

Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I went to a secrets in Montego Bay a few years ago. I would not bother. Negril or Ochos Rios or better get, a different island

Comment

Shanghai gets two thumb ups

Comment

Oh,

And if anyone ever visits, mookie strongly recommends mr & mrs bund’s

Perhaps the best meal mookie has ever eaten in a restaurant

Comment

Mookie sees his A380 parked out front. No sign of Jennifer Anniston though to join him for a 5min shower

Comment

What are you going to do with the other 4 minutes and 45 seconds?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Mookie sees his A380 parked out front.
                        Enjoy those while they last. The A380 is already on the way out, and it will happen even faster if oil prices surge to summer 2008 levels again.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Enjoy those while they last. The A380 is already on the way out, and it will happen even faster if oil prices surge to summer 2008 levels again.
                          These guys and BA just put in new orders. Not sure why....

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Is the A380 a fuel guzzler?
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Compared to the 747? No. Compared to the 777 or 787? Pretty much.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also, it doesn't fit passenger demand. Pax want higher frequency, and non-stops from "mid-major" hubs (like DEN, DTW, MSP, etc.). The A380 can't operate from any of those airports due to the infrastructure and economics needed to support it. The economics don't support those airports making the necessary upgrades.

Twin engines and composite materials are the foreseeable future.
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-26-2018, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X