This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

The old thread is closed, so on we go...

Spent the morning making various reservations for our Florida/St. Lucia/Florida trip in April.

It's on the horizon now that the holidays are behind us so time to get things situated. I'm getting excited!

Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

So my 75 year old dad has decided to get scuba certified so he can dive with my son and I in St. Lucia.

I have some trepidation over this as when I'm down there, I'm already keeping an eye on my son and now will have to watch him too - and he'll be a beginner. He's not the most easy-going guy either, so I wonder how tense he'll be and if he'll make others (specifically me) tense too.

The good thing is that my son is actually really comfortable under the waves and actually did better than me down below when we were in St. Thomas in terms of oxygen consumption - which means he was relaxed. Still my kid though and you never stop feeling responsible or watching out for them.

I hope it goes smoothly as pops is excited to join us.

Comment

Thursday I happened to be at the offices where people can submit their passport applications (I was there for a different reason). The guy in front of me was 83 years old and was applying for his first passport. Part of me was like "you go guy." But as I stood there I started to think that this was a lot like going to an ATM in a strip club. Nothing good could come from it, whatever he had planned.

Hopefully he was just going fishing in Canada.

We're headed back to the Playa del Carmen area in Mexico. February 19th which, according to my wife this morning, is 4 weeks and 3 days away.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

In October, I'm visiting the Twin Cities for the marathon again. Planned stops include Matt's Bar, Gasthof's, the Science Center, the Capitol, and a couple other places. I also understand there is a fantastic breakfast spot that starts with an "L," but I forgot its name.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          In October, I'm visiting the Twin Cities for the marathon again. Planned stops include Matt's Bar, Gasthof's, the Science Center, the Capitol, and a couple other places. I also understand there is a fantastic breakfast spot that starts with an "L," but I forgot its name.
          Do you mean the Science Museum when you say Science Center? I don't know the "L" place.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Do you mean the Science Museum when you say Science Center? I don't know the "L" place.
            Yes, Museum.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I need start planning a Hawaii trip for this summer. It's for our 25 yr anniversary so I wanted do it in October to be closer to the date. My wife decided we have to bring the kid along though so during summer break.

Comment

And maybe I'm missing the mark on breakfast anyway. Every article I've read on "Twin Cities Breakfast" says I must go to Al's Breakfast in the Dinkytown neighborhood.

Comment

Thinking about Iceland with the wife for our 10 year anniversary. Hope to do some backpacking/hiking.

Comment

Heading to Granada Spain on the 31st to work at the 2015 Winter Universiade. Two weeks in Granada and hoping to get in at least one round of golf while finding time to sightsee between hockey games and events on the ski slopes.
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      And maybe I'm missing the mark on breakfast anyway. Every article I've read on "Twin Cities Breakfast" says I must go to Al's Breakfast in the Dinkytown neighborhood.
                      That's what I was going to suggest. It's probably what you were thinking when you were thinking of "L"
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        That's what I was going to suggest. It's probably what you were thinking when you were thinking of "L"
                        I did see a profile of them on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

Comment

We are heading to Japan in April or May for a 2 week honeymoon. Going to see Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, and Osaka.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

This is a short trip, but in February I'm flying down to Durham to see Duke play at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Seeing a game there has been on my sports "Bucket List" for some time. I'm pretty psyched!

Comment

I just got back from 2 weeks in St George, Utah playing golf and hiking the National Parks down there. Great time, Golf was less than half what it costs in florida and Tee times were easy to get.
                              in late November I did a two week vacation in Puerto Rico,( Vieques Island), great beaches, snorkeling and diving there. Even my girl friend liked it, and good kayaking too.
                              My buddy is recommending a resort on Borneo, relatively easy to get to and the 4 star hotel costs 130 per night.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                              X