Clear All

• Re: 2015 USCHO Cycling Thread

interesting information.
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/07/p...o-cycling.html
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Other than the fact it's the final day, any reason why all of a sudden the whole broadcast team is wearing suits and ties? Have they done this before?
      Probably not. Is Jens in a clown suit like he should be?
      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Breaking: Had someone snag me the NBCSN feed of the Alpe stage. According to Phliggett, Geniez is gunning to "steal the stage." And we are already on the Alpe here. This isn't five minutes after the breakaway formed. They seriously just make **** up as they go along as that sort of analysis would be like me saying Jacksonville is gunning to win the Super Bowl in week 15. I'm either clueless, incompetent, on drugs or all the above, but take your pick -- I'd be terrible at my job.

I'm an FDJ guy and this is still embarrassing. This is like listening to Mr. Bungle play freeform. Good lord. Can't wait to hear the bromides dropped later on the stage...

Also, the intro to the broadcast was utterly embarrassing and insulting. Yep, everyone hates the British, Paul. You got it.
        Last edited by XYZ; 07-27-2015, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Post-Tour velo team analysis:

Well, all things considering finishing third in our group, I'll certainly take it, especially after losing two of my guys to abandons.

Everybody contributed atleast something to my team except for Durbridge, which was great to see. I picked Durbridge as back up in the TTT incase BMC didn't win it, but then Greenedge lost three guys and were never a factor in the race really.

Getting 150+ points each from Quinziato and Barta was nice from two four-pointers.

In hindsight, wish i would have found a way to keep Sagan, but I really wanted to find a way to put Tejay on my team. My final changes were adding Tejay and Cavendish, dropping Sagan and Costa. In the end, it was pretty close to a wash since Costa did nothing. However, if I could have found a way to have Tejay and Sagan, I would have really been hitting it big. The only way I could have done that was if I didn't have Contador.

Bardet really ended up coming on strong in the final week, which saved picking him after it looked like I really missed the boat initially on him.

Next year if the scoring stays the same and the course is as hilly as it was this year, I'll definitely have Sagan on my team no doubt about it.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Other than the fact it's the final day, any reason why all of a sudden the whole broadcast team is wearing suits and ties? Have they done this before?
            They've done that in past years.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
              Breaking: Had someone snag me the NBCSN feed of the Alpe stage. According to Phliggett, Geniez is gunning to "steal the stage." And we are already on the Alpe here. This isn't five minutes after the breakaway formed. They seriously just make **** up as they go along as that sort of analysis would be like me saying Jacksonville is gunning to win the Super Bowl in week 15. I'm either clueless, incompetent, on drugs or all the above, but take your pick -- I'd be terrible at my job.

I'm an FDJ guy and this is still embarrassing. This is like listening to Mr. Bungle play freeform. Good lord. Can't wait to hear the bromides dropped later on the stage...

Also, the intro to the broadcast was utterly embarrassing and insulting. Yep, everyone hates the British, Paul. You got it.
              I've said it before and I'll say it again. They have a story line that they are tying to convey, everything must be made to fit that narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Titleist View Post
                I've said it before and I'll say it again. They have a story line that they are tying to convey, everything must be made to fit that narrative.
                NBC with an agenda?! Say it ain't so!

Comment

Originally posted by Titleist View Post
                  Oh, I know. It's just laughable as hell. See: tweet from Sherwen earlier was something like "African Proverb that relates to Froome: When you have no enemy within the enemies outside cannot hurt you."

Whatever you say, fanboy.

Comment

Olympic Road Race course was unveiled sometime last week. Sprinters are in a bit of trouble:

Comment

Got a week off until the tour of Poland and the Tour of Utah start. I prefer the Tour of Utah to the Colorado classic, lots of climbing, the commentary is usually subpar with Gogo and someone who is connected to one of the sponsors doing the commentary so it has a lot of "plugs", even more obvious than the NBC ones.
                      Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
                        Got a week off until the tour of Poland and the Tour of Utah start. I prefer the Tour of Utah to the Colorado classic, lots of climbing, the commentary is usually subpar with Gogo and someone who is connected to one of the sponsors doing the commentary so it has a lot of "plugs", even more obvious than the NBC ones.
                        San Sebstian is usually the Saturday after the Tour. The Clasica is usually really good racing.

Oh and I wasn't really talking about NBC having an agenda, but P&P.

Comment

Nibali, Quintana and TVG all will be riding the Vuelta. Astana will be tough as both Aru and Landa are also slated to ride.

And from the least surprising news of the day drawer: Tom Danielson popped for synthetic testosterone.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                            Nibali, Quintana and TVG all will be riding the Vuelta. Astana will be tough as both Aru and Landa are also slated to ride.

And from the least surprising news of the day drawer: Tom Danielson popped for synthetic testosterone.
                            Yeah, who actually leads Astana and Movistar will be interesting.

And Kittel is back. Got a stage in Poland yesterday and 2nd today.
                            Also I hate that the coverage of the Tour of Utah is only showing me the to go distance in miles.

Comment

Wait, Tom Danielson? Who rides for squeaky clean Cannondale-Garmin? A team run by former doper Jonathan Vaughters?

That Tom Danielson?
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Wait, Tom Danielson? Who rides for squeaky clean Cannondale-Garmin? A team run by former doper Jonathan Vaughters?

That Tom Danielson?
                                Yes, the Jonthan Vaughters who once said that if anyone on the team tests positive, he'd fire the whole team. Thats the guy.

Welcome to the new clean era of cycling.

Comment

Working...
                                X