• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Seems like an easy place to get to.

Comment

Re: NCAA Convention doins

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
      Seems like an easy place to get to.
      Potsdam, New York???? Easy to get to???? Have they moved it since I was there last?

Not the worst place in the world to drive to from Plattsburgh (although some winter nights...), but flying in from the west? Bussing in from Vermont and New England? I can't see the NCAA going ever going for this...
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Like the rendering a lot.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10Β©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Β© Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Does Nazareth get a vote
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
            Potsdam, New York???? Easy to get to???? Have they moved it since I was there last?

Not the worst place in the world to drive to from Plattsburgh (although some winter nights...), but flying in from the west? Bussing in from Vermont and New England? I can't see the NCAA going ever going for this...
            They went to and are going to Lake Placid. And both Potsdam and LP are not exactly thriving metropoli.

You fly to Massena. Cape Air has flights from Albany.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Reducing capacity to 2,900 or did I scan this too fast - what did I miss? I guess I missed the sarcasm in the original post...
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                reducing capacity to 2,900 or did I scan this too fast - what did I miss?
                Just about. But SRO is more.

However, Lewiston was around 1,800 and I'm going to guess that Ridder won't be much more. The only way the barn is bursting is if 3 nearby schools are playing.

Plus, think of all the tourist attractions
                - we can all pay homage to Wes Craven by taking a walk on Elm Street.
                - Russell can point out all the places he lived while a student @ Potsdam. I could do the same for Clarkson.
                - a tour of historic (and missed) Walker Arena.
                - a look at the architecture of Potsdam including the buildings constructed with the famous Potsdam Sandstone.
                - hear Saints17 on the public address at Cheel
                - see the famous CCT on the walkway between Cubley House and the quad.
                - the Pit
                - see if you can find the tunnel on the Clarkson campus that was used to transport fugitive slaves.

Further out, Canton
                - nothing of note there. But Frederick Remington lived in Canton for a time.

It's been 38 years since I graduated. I still love the town and the people.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Just about. But SRO is more.

However, Lewiston was around 1,800 and I'm going to guess that Ridder won't be much more. The only way the barn is bursting is if 3 nearby schools are playing.

- we can all pay homage to Wes Craven by taking a walk on Elm Street.
                  - Russell can point out all the places he lived while a student @ Potsdam. I could do the same for Clarkson.
                  - a tour of historic (and missed) Walker Arena.
                  - a look at the architecture of Potsdam including the buildings constructed with the famous Potsdam Sandstone.
                  - hear Saints17 on the public address at Cheel
                  - see the famous CCT on the walkway between Cubley House and the quad.
                  - the Pit
                  - see if you can find the tunnel on the Clarkson campus that was used to transport fugitive slaves.

Further out, Canton
                  - nothing of note there. But Frederick Remington lived in Canton for a time.

I believe the NCAA has made it a requirement for at least 3,000 seating capacity though.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10Β©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Β© Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    I believe the NCAA has made it a requirement for at least 3,000 seating capacity though.
                    3,000 including SRO...which is how it was explained to me when the rink in Oz (2,500 seats, 500 official SRO) was built - ability to host....
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

That would be a short tour -- Bowman West and Lehman North. That's it.

Is Algiers still open? You can see where opera diva Renee Fleming used to perform ... as a jazz singer.

Maybe we can find the professor's house where his friend James Dickey wrote Deliverance. True story.

We can also show them the shortcut between the two colleges across the frozen Racquette River. It will probably still be frozen in March...

Ditto! Many times over!
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

The most endearing quality to me about Potsdam is that they have an Arby's and Plattsburgh hasn't had one in years!!!
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post

That was sarcasm on my part. That would be like having the frozen four in Houghton,MI. You'd have to fly to Duluth and drive for awhile having to worry about being eaten by some of the mongrel hilljacks that call the U.P. home.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post

That was sarcasm on my part. That would be like having the frozen four in Houghton,MI. You'd have to fly to Duluth and drive for awhile having to worry about being eaten by some of the mongrel hilljacks that call the U.P. home.

Syracuse (Hancock Field) is only 145 miles from Potsdam ! I81 to US 11 !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

bumping with this item from the NCAA Nooz

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...s-reconsidered
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

bumping with this item from the NCAA Nooz

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...s-reconsidered
                                Which includes this gem:

At the behest of several Division III sport committees, the Championships Committee reviewed the current policy for ranking teams, which was implemented in 2013-14. In an effort to provide some flexibility in the regional rankings process, the Championships Committee voted to institute new rules that will take effect immediately for those sports electing to make a change.

The committee decided that between 15 and 21 percent of teams in a given region in a given sport should be ranked. Currently, 15 percent of teams β€” or at least six teams per sport per region, whichever is greater β€” are ranked.

The flexibility will give sport committees freedom to rank the appropriate number of teams by region, thus the 15-21 percent range instead of a fixed percent. The new system will be given a two-year evaluation period before it can be evaluated again.
                                So, after years of speculation about the committee maipulating the rankings to fulfill a certain agenda, we're giving that same committee the power to manipulate how many teams appear on the ranked list?
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                                X