AHL
    Calder Cup Finals
    Nick Shore - Manchester Eastern Conference Champions

ECHL
    Kelly Cup Finals
    Allen--(Erik Adams still coaching) Western Conference Champions

IIHF World Championships
    Patrick Wiercioch--Gold Medal--Canada
    Last edited by vizoroo; 05-31-2015, 09:09 PM.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver, XXX1X

In addition to the DU connection with Carle and Gwoz in Tampa Bay, I just learned that a relative of mine plays for the Lightning. If I may channel my grandmother's knowledge of relationships, I believe that J.T. Brown is my second cousin once removed. In any case, while I have never met him or his parents, his grandfather was a good dude.

That said, Go Hawks!

Comment

Recruiting Rumors:
        Auston Matthews--no decision--gathering more interest from Europe-$$$

Dante Fabbro--Defense
        6-20-98 age 16
        6'1" 185lb. eligible for the 2016 NHL Entry Draft
        2014-15 Penticton Vees BCHL 44 4-29-33 | Playoffs 21 4-11-15
        Andy Johnson ‏@AndyJohnsonB5Q 11h11 hours ago
        For whatever it's worth, last I heard Fabbro was going to re-visit his top 5 schools before making a decision. UW, UND, DU, BU, BC
        Brad Schlossman, the beat reporter for North Dakota, reported that top prospect Dante Fabbro of Pentiction (BCHL) is looking to accelerate his studies in hopes of playing college hockey this upcoming fall
        http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.blogspot.com/
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Prior to yesterday's start of the Stanley Cup finals, a total of 338 players [goalies excluded] had participated in at least one playoff game this spring. Where plus/minus rating is concerned the lowest minus figure was held by Calgary defenseman Kris Russell at minus nine [-9]. Tampa Bay defenseman Matt Carle was on the ice for one of Chicago's two goals in last night's opening game of the finals. With the minus one [-1] he recieved as a result of that goal Carle is now tied with Russell at minus nine [-9] for the playoffs. Teammate Braydon Coburn [-8] is not far behind.

Ouch.
          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
            Prior to yesterday's start of the Stanley Cup finals, a total of 338 players [goalies excluded] had participated in at least one playoff game this spring. Where plus/minus rating is concerned the lowest minus figure was held by Calgary defenseman Kris Russell at minus nine [-9]. Tampa Bay defenseman Matt Carle was on the ice for one of Chicago's two goals in last night's opening game of the finals. With the minus one [-1] he recieved as a result of that goal Carle is now tied with Russell at minus nine [-9] for the playoffs. Teammate Braydon Coburn [-8] is not far behind.

Ouch.
            Matt had the worst regular season since he left San Jose. Punctuated by♥☻missing over 20 games due to surgery on abductor muscles (hip/groin/lower abdomen) 1 playoff game--after hit by Stepan.
            Skating on 3rd pair with UNO's Andrej Sustr--6'7", first full year in NHL, described as big and slow. Only 2 older than Matt on Lightning roster--"grizzled veteran" with Cup experience. His role has changed from the offensive Flyer days.

At least it took him 20 games to reach that ugly -9 -- only took Russell 11
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              At least it took him 20 games to reach that ugly -9 -- only took Russell 11
              As far as Matt's play is concerned it might be less disconcerting if it had taken him longer to reach minus nine than it took Russell. In fact Russell played nearly 27 minutes [26:44] a game for Calgary, while Matt is playing less than seventeen [16:44], a difference of ten minutes per game. Bob Hartley had little choice but to keep playing Russell as he may be the Flames best defenseman. Looks as though Matt is playing third pairing minutes for Tampa Bay. As for Sustr, while he is playing roughly the same minutes [16:12] as Carle, Sustr's plus/minus figure is plus six [+6] which ties him for the seventh best figure among all players in the playoffs. The minutes show that neither Carle nor Sustr are receiving substantial ice time, but the plus/minus figures show that good things for Tampa Bay are happening when Sustr is on the ice and bad things are happening for Tampa Bay when Carle is on the ice. Carle is -9 and Sustr is +6 and that's a substantial difference.

I've had friends remark to me that Tampa Bay is doing well in the playoffs despite Carle's play. It's a caustic observation, but I've been unable to refute it.
              Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 06-05-2015, 01:33 PM.
              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

COMPLETE CAPITAL ONE CUP STANDINGS
                As of May 29, 2015
                MEN'S CUP STANDINGS
                School Points
                1. Ohio State 93.5 1.
                2. Virginia 89
                3. Denver 72
                4. Duke 71
                5. Notre Dame 65

LAX Championship surely adds the points! Baseball still to be added--don't think any points there.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Nick Shore welcomed back for Calder Cup finals
                  http://theahl.com/shores-return-help...to-cup-p198192

Free stream on AHLLIVE--good warm-up for Bolts vs Hawks
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Nick Shore with an assist in Manchester win.
                    15GP 3-9-12

Free stream on AHLLIVE--5PM eastern code: caldercUP
                    UPDATE:
                    Manchester leads series 2-0
                    Last edited by vizoroo; 06-08-2015, 06:42 PM.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Ty Loney has signed with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
                      http://wbspenguins.com/articles/peng...nd-adam-krause
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        Ty Loney has signed with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
                        http://wbspenguins.com/articles/peng...nd-adam-krause
                        Didier also signed with St. John's.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Interesting: In this survey of 2015's Best & Worst Cities for Hockey Fans, DU was rated 4th from the bottom in both Accessible College Hockey Stadiums and Friendly & Engaged College Hockey Fans, beating out just Canisius, AIC, and Holy Cross on both counts.

(BTW congrats to the DU lacrosse program...awesome achievement!)

Comment

10 Most Famous DU Attendees
                            http://www.westword.com/news/photos-...es-mom-6764359

Not a hockey player in sight
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Adamson and Jacobson named Academic All Americans.
                              http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports...061115aaa.html
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by RogerWF View Post
                                Interesting: In this survey of 2015's Best & Worst Cities for Hockey Fans, DU was rated 4th from the bottom in both Accessible College Hockey Stadiums and Friendly & Engaged College Hockey Fans, beating out just Canisius, AIC, and Holy Cross on both counts.

(BTW congrats to the DU lacrosse program...awesome achievement!)
                                Thank you for the congrats on the lacrosse championship. Pretty cool, I must say. DU's 30th D-1 championship, and now we can claim championships in 3 sports, rather than just 2. I don't think that will be DU's last lacrosse championship. Hockey is a tougher nut to crack lately.

Hmmm, interesting. Wonder how the metric of friendly and engaged hockey fans is determined. Sounds pretty scientific. I will do my part to smile more at games, and to focus more on the game. Hopefully that will help.

The topic of accessible hockey stadiums is more legit. It's not the best at DU. Mostly because of the one hour parking zones on the streets. It's basically either get there super early and find a meter spot, or pay in one of the lots. I live close enough for a short bike ride, or a couple-dollar Uber ride, which is nice.

Seems that the accessibility is a trade off kind of thing. The World Arena has a huge parking lot, but having an on-campus arena like DU is worth the parking hassles, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X