Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 6th scores - Battle of Lake Champlain, Jeffs & Babo, Bulldogs & Knights oh my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about time

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
    They're a competitive team trying to win a game, he's trying to teach his boys not to give up no matter what the odds, it makes sense to me and I wouldn't be mad if someone did this against my team. They play to win and shouldn't care about the stats. If you want a true shutout you need to earn it. Keep the puck out of the net.
    OR .... Perhaps he wanted to give the boys a bit of real-game practice using the extra attacker should they encounter that situation in a game that did matter. Either way, I'm fine with a team wanting to score a goal and thwart another team's attempt at a clean sheet. Tell me anyone on this board wouldn't do all they could to spoil a no-hitter.

P.S. this is the type of empassioned debate that used to occur on these boards every night, and made for a compelling season. Things have been waaaaaay too quiet since RIT left.

Comment

Re: January 6th scores - Battle of Lake Champlain, Jeffs & Babo, Bulldogs & Knights o

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      Lost a lot of respect for McShane on that one....down 0-4 with :50 left you pull your goalie to break up a shut out? Flame on I don't care, classless. Take your loss and hit the bus.....
      Coach McShane should care what you think because.........?

Comment

Re: January 6th scores - Battle of Lake Champlain, Jeffs & Babo, Bulldogs & Knights o

I don't understand the comparison between a losing team playing for pride and fighting until the end with a team that's running up the score to embarrass the opposing team. To suggest that a team is "classless" for not lying down and dying in the face of defeat is a ridiculous stance for any competitor to take. I'm proud that my team fought until the final buzzer rather than quitting.
        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

As a Bears fan I'm having a hard time understanding how someone complains about winning........
          Last edited by Saints17; 01-07-2015, 08:29 AM.
          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Well Said...........good summary of classless!

NU56
            Old Member
            Maybe the Oldest

Comment

If Plattsburgh wants the shutout while outmanned, you should probably not leave the guy 6 inches outside the crease as the man unguarded. As for the situational coaching, Norwich has lost how many games this year? I would have taken the opportunity to practice the empty net situation too. They don't get to that point very often! It never even occurred to me to be upset when Norwich called timeout and pulled their goaltender.

Great win for the Cardinals and time to move on to Skidmore...
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Amherst scores 0, 0, and 1 goals in their last 3 games and go 1-0-2.

Amherst tied Utica, 3-3, in the first game of that three game stretch.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Amherst tied Utica, 3-3, in the first game of that three game stretch.
                  That's what happens when you look at the wrong line in the scores page. Not only do I have CRS, I seem to have developed CSS.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
                    Coach McShane should care what you think because.........?
                    Obviously you're new because you would know by now I don't care what anyone thinks of me, have a nice day
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: It's about time

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      P.S. this is the type of empassioned debate that used to occur on these boards every night, and made for a compelling season. Things have been waaaaaay too quiet since RIT left.
                      In the end...it's still RIT's fault. My apologizes to McShane
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Obviously you're new because you would know by now I don't care what anyone thinks of me, have a nice day
                        Been lurking on this forum for many years now and from reading your drivel, it's obvious you don't care what anyone thinks of you. The real problem you have is you think too much of yourself!!
                        Last edited by Norwich59; 01-07-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
                          Been lurking on this forum for many years now and from reading your dribble, it's obvious you don't care what anyone thinks of you. The real problem you have is you think too much of yourself!!
                          HaHa good one.....cheers!
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

A bigger headline no one is talking about is Genny tying Adrian in Michigan last night. If there was ever a Jeryll and Hyde team it is the 2014-15 edition of Genny....

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                              A bigger headline no one is talking about is Genny tying Adrian in Michigan last night. If there was ever a Jeryll and Hyde team it is the 2014-15 edition of Genny....
                              Like the beer
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Genny has had a miserable start and are now only playing for the SUNYAC autobid and little else. There's enough talent there, but the loss of Vit seems to really have weakened that team. Doesn't even resemble the team that was so impressive a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X