Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter 2015 - boom or snow job?

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    about an inch here of the slickest snow ever. Usually I can go up the driveway without a problem. Tonight it was a skill challenge, weaving back and forth.
    it was very slick last night, glad I was using the car with the manual transmission. Never got out of second. Fortunately was not going very far, playing chauffeur locally.

About 4" - 5" here. Finally had the driveway clear last weekend for the first time in months, now we're back to schlepping up and down from the street again.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Just started snowing here, ridiculous amount of snow still on the ground. Every time the driveway is almost clear of ice and snow, it snows again
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Just started snowing here, ridiculous amount of snow still on the ground. Every time the driveway is almost clear of ice and snow, it snows again
        I have some bare ground under the pines and a bit by the foundation but hard snowpack of at least a foot still everywhere else. Aaaand it is snowing to beat the band right now again.

Comment

Snow started falling yesterday afternoon at 2:15. At 9:00 10:15 this morning, still snowing, though I think there may have been a few breaks during the night.

Forecast was 2" to 4"; we have over 5" now and it hasn't stopped yet.

At least last night it was light and fluffy and the path I cleared last night before I went to bed only has about 1" of snow in it, so it should be a quick and easy clear. Streets are clear already.
          Last edited by FreshFish; 03-21-2015, 09:13 AM.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Crocus booming in my front yard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
              Crocus blooming in my front yard!!!
              Nice that you were able to tell.....

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                Crocus booming in my front yard!!!
                Did you tell it turn down the noise? Lousy upstart kids and their loud music.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Did you tell it turn down the noise? Lousy upstart kids and their loud music.
                  Chris von Rohr is 64.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Had to dig a hole today out in a flower bed today. had to break through a little frost yet, but I got through it.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

We can see the grass in half of our backyard, finally.

Just in time for the snow predicted for this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Jesus God, where do you live, International Falls?

It's going to 35 here tonight, but that's hopefully it -- straight 60s next week albeit with rain.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We got 2 inches of surprise lake effect snow in Chicago this AM.... I was on a baseball field working a game yesterday
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

I can see 2 feet of snow in my backyard
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I can see 2 feet of snow in my backyard
                              maybe so, but we live south of the 42nd parallel, not north of the 44th! That's two climate zones.

It's been snowing for the past two hours. Not much in the way of accumulation so far.

Comment

brief view of bare ground on the path to the veggie garden. That won't last- snowing again.

Comment

Working...
                                X