Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Note to self...

Don't start a bench workout at midnight.

Had a hard time getting to sleep.

Feel great today though that I got it in!
    Last night, I did yoga and a Plyo workout at 9 PM and I struggled with sleeping.

I swam 350 meters (7 laps) in the Y pool today. Next time, I plan to swim 9-10 laps.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Starting to see/feel changes in my body from lifting.

Everything feels tighter.

Has me JACKED to keep it going and see where this ends up.

Comment

Rode my bike for 13 miles and change today. On Monday, I plan to ride between 15 and 20.

I also want to look at bike workouts, because I very much want to get faster and stronger.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          Rode my bike for 13 miles and change today. On Monday, I plan to ride between 15 and 20.

I also want to look at bike workouts, because I very much want to get faster and stronger.
          Do you mean bike workouts specific to triathlon training? Or in general?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Do you mean bike workouts specific to triathlon training? Or in general?
            Both. I know my schedule this year is full, but next year, I want to do a couple bike races, and I want to do more than just finish a triathlon.

Comment

Also, training for the Twin Cities Ultra Loony Challenge (5K/10K/Marathon) begins on Tuesday, which means my workout schedule now looks like this:

Monday: tri/cross training
              Tuesday: run (intervals/hills)
              Wednesday: tri/cross training
              Thursday: run (tempo)
              Friday: Rest
              Saturday: Sort of long run
              Sunday: Long Run

I am also thinking it's time to move my workouts to first thing in the morning. I'm not talking 5 AM, but to do it right when I wake up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Both. I know my schedule this year is full, but next year, I want to do a couple bike races, and I want to do more than just finish a triathlon.
                I'm no triathlon coach, but definitely do some "brick" workouts... Combos: bike/run; swim/run; swim/bike etc in the same workout.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  I'm no triathlon coach, but definitely do some "brick" workouts... Combos: bike/run; swim/run; swim/bike etc in the same workout.
                  I was thinking "bricks," and I was also thinking hill repeats.

The goal for the Grand Rapids Tri is just to finish, set my automatic PR, and then go drink beer. The goal for Tri Del Sol (July 18) and Millennium Tri (August 1) is to improve each time.

Comment

Going to the gym on Thursday. First exercise since March 31, so we'll see how it goes. I did some pretty heavy yard work the past few weeks, and felt increasingly better, so I think I'm ready to get back into it. If all goes well, I'm going back to hockey next week.

Comment

Ran today for the first time since the River Bank Run. It was slow, but I'll get back to where I was.

Comment

Did my first 5K on Sunday and I finished at 34:11. Never dreamed I'd have that good of a time.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                          Did my first 5K on Sunday and I finished at 34:11. Never dreamed I'd have that good of a time.
                          That's great! Going to do another one?

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            That's great! Going to do another one?
                            Absolutely. Loved it.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I started tri training about a year ago, but didn't pay too much attention to the metrics until recently. Now that I am, it's daunting to get up to a competitive number. My goal is to do some sprint tries and have a good time. right now i'm focussed on getting V o2 max up.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

500 meters in the pool today, a personal best. Goal by the end of the year is to swim 1600 meters, or 1 mile.

Comment

Working...
                                X