Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Dr Tim Noakes
    Yeah, that's the problem. And not the fact that we aren't wondering when our next meal might come, won't have to fight for it, and live the third most sedentary lifestyles after the sloth and the goddam Panda.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Been back to biking (in the house) for about 10 days now and played hockey for the first time in over a month Sunday night (with a bender group).

So far, so good.

Skate tonight and again on Thursday with my fast groups, so hopefully the leg holds up.

Comment

Down 15 pounds since January 4th. Changed my diet and am extremely strict on eating healthy and well portioned meals. Played men's league one or two times a week during that stretch. No other real exercise. Crazy what giving your body the necessary nutrients does for you!
        Last edited by MavHockey14; 02-25-2015, 06:39 PM.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          Bought a road bicycle today, and once the snow melts some more, I can start using it. In the meantime, I can run and go to the Y.

Also, speaking of the Y, last Wednesday, I got in the pool, and once I got in, I realized I needed MUCH more practice. Good thing the sprint triathlon swim is only 0.47 miles.
          As long as you're in good cardio shape you'll be okay for the triathlon. I did little to no swimming training but was in great shape and finished in the top third of the swim. If you're not comfortable with the swim, let the maniacs get out in front and pace your way through it. Let me know if you need any help with anything tri related.
          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            As long as you're in good cardio shape you'll be okay for the triathlon. I did little to no swimming training but was in great shape and finished in the top third of the swim. If you're not comfortable with the swim, let the maniacs get out in front and pace your way through it. Let me know if you need any help with anything tri related.
            In registration, I asked to be put in the "Newbie Wave," which means I'll be with a bunch of other struggling swimmers.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

In registration, I asked to be put in the "Newbie Wave," which means I'll be with a bunch of other struggling swimmers.
              Perfect. You'll be great then!
              AF 99

Comment

Food additives lead to inflammation and then over eating?
                http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0225132105.htm
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Perfect. You'll be great then!
                  In the next couple months, I plan on doing more in the pool, plus the snow will melt, so I can finally take my bike on the road.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

In the next couple months, I plan on doing more in the pool, plus the snow will melt, so I can finally take my bike on the road.
                    I'd encourage you to do a couple of open water swims as well. I remember my first tri immediately thinking how far the course buoys looked as compared to 30 laps of the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      I'd encourage you to do a couple of open water swims as well. I remember my first tri immediately thinking how far the course buoys looked as compared to 30 laps of the pool.
                      The snow/ice melting also means that Lake Michigan and Muskegon Lake will be open, so I plan on some chilly open water swims come mid-late May.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Very good point. I'd also say be prepared mentally. Knowing that those buoys look farther than they are and being able to understand that and stay confident will help you immensely. I believe you've done at least a half marathon if not a full so you understand how a race works.
                        AF 99

Comment

Very good point. I'd also say be prepared mentally. Knowing that those buoys look farther than they are and being able to understand that and stay confident will help you immensely. I believe you've done at least a half marathon if not a full so you understand how a race works.
                          I'm well-versed in running (5 marathons, 4 half-marathons, and five 25Ks), but this year, I decided I would attempt a triathlon after receiving encouragement from a few friends.

Comment

The snow/ice melting also means that Lake Michigan and Muskegon Lake will be open, so I plan on some chilly open water swims come mid-late May.
                            Going to be some cold swims. Make sure you have someone there with you that can rescue you, just in case. a kayak would be good to have.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              Going to be some cold swims. Make sure you have someone there with you that can rescue you, just in case. a kayak would be good to have.
                              I plan on it.

And I've adopted a "run less, run faster" strategy. I still exercise 5 days a week, but I'm also devoting more time to cycling, swimming, weights, and yoga.

Comment

I am becoming a faster runner. I ran with two people tonight who are better at this than I am, including someone who qualified for Boston and someone who ran 7 marathons on 7 continents in 12 days. Tonight, for a short run (~6 miles), I kept up with them for about 4 miles.

Two years ago, they would have left me behind after a few minutes, and even last year, I might have been able to hang for a mile or two before being left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X