Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Of all the diets that came out of the low-carb era, the only one that ever made any real sense to me was the South Beach (which, for whatever reason, I had to retype three times because I kept typing beatch ). Limit carb intake, eat a ton of leafy greens, limit your fat intake, eat lean protein. I didn't ever attempt it so I only have a 30,000-ft understanding of the SBD, so there may be some things I missed.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I always remember this old Bloom County comic strip:

http://www.thecomicstrips.com/store/add.php?iid=85103

Comment

Down to 215.6. That's a net loss of 29 lbs since the start of last year and 50 lbs since Feb. 2012.

I will be asking to see a dietitian again, though. I don't want this round of weight loss to spiral out of control.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Found out yesterday that I do in fact have a stress fracture in my shin. It's what I suspected... and didn't want to hear.

I'm supposed to refrain from exercise for 4 weeks.

I played hockey the other night for 2 hours and played well... and fast. Been playing on it as-is for almost 2 months now.

Gonna be really hard to follow the doc's advice. I know what I should do, but I'm not wired to sit. If I can go, I want to go.

Frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Gonna be really hard to follow the doc's advice. I know what I should do, but I'm not wired to sit. If I can go, I want to go.

Frustrated.
            So your doc's advice for the injury is basically going to be a like a second marriage for you, huh?
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              So your doc's advice for the injury is basically going to be a like a second marriage for you, huh?

Not all marriages are the way you've heard.

We will need to adjust though as I shouldn't jump, stand or run during these 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Found out yesterday that I do in fact have a stress fracture in my shin. It's what I suspected... and didn't want to hear.

I'm supposed to refrain from exercise for 4 weeks.

I played hockey the other night for 2 hours and played well... and fast. Been playing on it as-is for almost 2 months now.

Frustrated.
                Wow… all exercise? Or just things like running that would stress it?

Either way, follow the advice and be ready to go when it is healed so you can put it behind you finally.

Comment

My weekly visit to fatman camp and the weight-in put me at 230.5, which is 0.4lbs less than the goal set for me by the Happy Campers back in February; I was scheduled to be at this weight the first week of May, so I'm about three months ahead o schedule. That puts me down 127.8lbs, and I figure that I should get down to 210-215lb range, which will put me firmly in the lower side to middle of the normal body fat % range. My lean body mass is 182.2lbs.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Weekly weigh in at the Y: Down to 213, and took measurements today, too. Just under a 37" waist and at 42" hips. At this rate, I should be able to wear a pair of size 36 jeans after the Groundhog Marathon, and by March, I should be able to rescue all my size large shirts.
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Weekly weigh in at the Y: down to 210.2, with a 36.5" waist and 41.5" hips. That means I'm down 22 lbs since starting my new job in September last year, down 34 lbs since the start of 2014, and down about 55 lbs since February 2012. I thought about stopping at 210, but at this point, if I can get to 200... why not?

Comment

As of Saturday, I'm down 130lbs from my peak weight. With that weight loss, I'm starting to get the very beginnings of Fat Bastard's next from when he went on the Atkins Diet.

Comment

My ideal breakfast which I've been doing for quite a while includes:

Oatmeal with lots of strawberries with a side of green beans

Gets me a headstart on veggies. Lots of fiber and strawberries - the perfect fruit with sky high vitamin C and rock bottom sugar.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          As of Saturday, I'm down 130lbs from my peak weight. With that weight loss, I'm starting to get the very beginnings of Fat Bastard's next from when he went on the Atkins Diet.
                          Nice!
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Bought a road bicycle today, and once the snow melts some more, I can start using it. In the meantime, I can run and go to the Y.

Also, speaking of the Y, last Wednesday, I got in the pool, and once I got in, I realized I needed MUCH more practice. Good thing the sprint triathlon swim is only 0.47 miles.

Comment

We humans are the only mammals that suffer from chronic ill health. One critic suggests it’s because we are the only animals clever enough to manufacture our own food – and stupid enough to eat it.
                              Dr Tim Noakes
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The feds refined their dietary guidelines today

The only new news is that eggs are back. And while I disagree with the inclusion of artificial sweeteners, most of their guidelines are based on the current, accepted evidence (i.e., more plants and whole grains, less meat).

Comment

Working...
                                X