Shannon Miller out at UMD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Shannon Miller out at UMD?

The Munch Box? Sounds great but, is there nothing like the Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit in St Charles? I realize this is off topic but, since we're all just waiting for the next act in the current drama to start anyway.....
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
      The Munch Box? Sounds great but, is there nothing like the Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit in St Charles? I realize this is off topic but, since we're all just waiting for the next act in the current drama to start anyway.....
      There is a Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit in Northeast Minneapolis, that might be like it. Do the serve beer in a boot?

Comment

Not only do they serve beer in das boot, there is also a guy there who will gladly serenade you on his accordion with Du, Du, Liegst Mir Im Herzen while you sing along. Or perhaps Edelweiss, if you're in a more sentimental mood, perhaps a fan remembering back to the glory years of UMD women's hockey.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Sounds exactly like the one on University Ave. in Minneapolis. Does that one host a gathering of Nazi reenactors on the Q T every year? The one here does

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            Sounds exactly like the one on University Ave. in Minneapolis. Does that one host a gathering of Nazi reenactors on the Q T every year? The one here does
            Feh. As a kid, I worked at a restaurant run by an actual Nazi.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
              "Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit" liberly translated means "guest place for a happy athmosphere/happiness". Really means a place to drink lots of beer and be happy. Probably comes with steins the size of a small pale.

Comment

That was Michigan though, this is Minnesota so it is less common here.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                  "Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit" liberly translated means "guest place for a happy athmosphere/happiness". Really means a place to drink lots of beer and be happy. Probably comes with steins the size of a small pale.
                  I worked at a place called The Heidelberg, which translated means Heidelberg. It really meant a place to get yelled at by an owner who was not only an *******, but actually had been an NSDAP member who had monthly get togethers with the other Alte Kämpfer.

Comment

Now "Sweat Pea" is heading out the door.

What is Berlo up to, Now??

How does chasing out a well respected Men's coach fit into Berlo's Mysoginist master plan??? Enquiring minds want to know!

Who has the scoop????

When will it end?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut View Post
                      Now "Sweat Pea" is heading out the door.

What is Berlo up to, Now??

How does chasing out a well respected Men's coach fit into Berlo's Mysoginist master plan??? Enquiring minds want to know!

Who has the scoop????

When will it end?
                      https://www.facebook.com/bringexcellenceback

This Facebook page wants Miller back to coach! They also don't like coach Crowell hiring young assistants!

"We're willing to bet they won't replace Plante with a fresh-off-graduation-from-university assistant coach."

Comment

Leave it to her Minions to beat me to the punch....
                        Last edited by hockeynut; 06-24-2015, 09:49 AM. Reason: apostrophe abuse

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post

This Facebook page wants Miller back to coach! They also don't like coach Crowell hiring young assistants!

"We're willing to bet they won't replace Plante with a fresh-off-graduation-from-university assistant coach."
                          My guess is that in the real world Harvard grads often get a foot in the door where years of experience would otherwise be required.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post

Laughable. I hope UMD gives Jack Connolly a call.
                            Ducks Fly Together

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                              I worked at a place called The Heidelberg, which translated means Heidelberg. It really meant a place to get yelled at by an owner who was not only an *******, but actually had been an NSDAP member who had monthly get togethers with the other Alte Kämpfer.
                              Your reference to Heidelberg is ironic/fitting. Once upon a time many moons ago (70's), visited Heidelberg (town in Germany), where I had a beer in the largest stein that I've ever seen.

Comment

This is getting like the Francisco Franco skits on SNL.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X