Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Cop, Bad Cop, Whatcha gonna do?

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I have hard time believing that the cop wouldn't just grab your arm and disable you. Or back away and wait for backup to arrive. Or to actually carry a tazer. Or actually get out of his vehicle and approach you politely...
    I'm not about to find out.

Comment

I have hard time believing that the cop wouldn't just grab your arm and disable you. Or back away and wait for backup to arrive. Or to actually carry a tazer. Or actually get out of his vehicle and approach you politely...
      Trust me, you go for a cop's gun, and all bets are off. That is a lethal weapon you are reaching for, and the cop has to make a split second decision that could mean his life.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I like how there's the constant emphasis on "he went for the officer's gun" and not "he got shot after he ran 158 feet away from the cop".

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Trust me, you go for a cop's gun, and all bets are off. That is a lethal weapon you are reaching for, and the cop has to make a split second decision that could mean his life.
          Oh I have no doubt about that.

But I have my doubts that I wouldn't reach for a cop's gun if I was black and a cop said "I'm gonna shoot you n*er!" to me. Let's try to see both sides of coin.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            I like how there's the constant emphasis on "he went for the officer's gun" and not "he got shot after he ran 158 feet away from the cop".
            So I take it you missed the part where there were no bullet wounds in Michael Brown's back, and the ballistic angles indicate he was approaching the officer at a high rate of speed?

Comment

But I have my doubts that I wouldn't reach for a cop's gun if I was black and a cop said "I'm gonna shoot you n*er!" to me. Let's try to see both sides of coin.
              Why inject the race card? Honest question.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

So Darren Wilson said "I'm gonna shoot you, n*er?"

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
                  So I take it you missed the part where there were no bullet wounds in Michael Brown's back, and the ballistic angles indicate he was approaching the officer at a high rate of speed?
                  Yes that doesn't mean he never fired while Brown was fleeing and missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
                    Right. I mean, he was only 53 yards away, which everyone knows he could cover in about 4 seconds. The officer had no choice but to shoot the guy repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Yes that doesn't mean he never fired while Brown was fleeing and missed.
                      1. Is there any evidence of that?
                      2. If there is, is doing that against Ferguson PD's rules of engagement?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Right. I mean, he was only 53 yards away, which everyone knows he could cover in about 4 seconds. The officer had no choice but to shoot the guy repeatedly.
                        OK, why don't YOU charge at an officer after punching him and trying to get his gun and see how you fare? Split-second, life-or-death decisions here, people.

Of course, one can claim that NOT punching a cop, trying to take his weapon, and then charging at him would be the wiser course of action, but then I suppose they'd be victim-blaming or something.

Comment

1) There is evidence of a 2nd shell casing near the police vehicle and various eye witnesses saying this.
                          2) It's against any PD's rule of engagement after the supreme court ruling of Tennessee vs Garner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Why inject the race card? Honest question.
                            Because whether we like it or not, race is a part of the situation. A white person will react differently to a police officer versus a black person. If we must understand the perspective of the officer being threaten, you must understand the perspective of a black man who sees him as a threat to his life.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Because whether we like it or not, race is a part of the situation. A white person will react differently to a police officer versus a black person. If we must understand the perspective of the officer being threaten, you must understand the perspective of a black man who sees him as a threat to his life.
                              Why? In this particular case (or cases)...prove the racism. I know racism exists. But to assume a certain officer's feelings is rather presumptuous.

Comment

So all black people think alike, just as all white people think alike?

Also, in the "threatening" scenario, one side is an actual, occurring physical threat (being charged, attempted gun theft), and the other is a wholly internal threat (I don't like cops.) I can understand one of those a hell of a lot better than I can the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X