Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Cop, Bad Cop, Whatcha gonna do?

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I'd really like a link for that latter part. I am not fond of hearsay.

I think we all agree that we can just assume coz... you know... evidence of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by gurtholfin View Post
      i think we all agree that we can just assume coz... You know... Past experiences.
      IALTO.

Ya got me. Well played.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Does Trixie even follow a college hockey program or did he just join to talk race and cops?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Does Trixie even follow a college hockey program or did he just join to talk race and cops?
          He's sadly a Gopher fan. He's not well-liked on GPL either.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I post on GPL with a lot of these folks.

Depends who you ask
            Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-21-2014, 11:22 PM.

Comment

You HAVE to be kidding.

LOLOLOLOLOL

What the hell is in the water up there?

You guys have the best posters...

Comment

You HAVE to be kidding.

LOLOLOLOLOL

What the hell is in the water up there?

You guys have the best posters...

When you have the volume of the best hockey program in the nation (c) tArrogance....there are some bad apples.

Comment

When you have the volume of the best hockey program in the nation (c) tArrogance....there are some bad apples.

Uh-huh... I'll give you credit for a good try there...

Comment

Uh-huh... I'll give you credit for a good try there...
                    I can't spread rep, but even though you're not one of us...you alright. Even if we disagree on some things.

Comment

I can't spread rep, but even though you're not one of us...you alright. Even if we disagree on some things.

Yeah, we're good.

I really don't take very many (any?) disagreements personally and can often agree to disagree.

I even like Slap Shot and he's been downright salty towards me from time to time.
                      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 12-21-2014, 11:56 PM.

Comment

I will say my peace on this subject:

First, I will fully admit I have a bias. I have a distrust of police based on personal experience and what I see in the media. I'm not proud of it and I try to get past it.

Second, there's an assumption of racism in these cases because there are countless studies and piles of anecdotal evidence to indicate that the actions of police officers are vastly different towards black vs white. It is real and it is prevelant. It may not intended as racism, but it is. Whether we like or not, when a white police officer kills a black person race is a factor that must be considered. To assume race is not a factor unless proven otherwise is to blindly ignore a systemic problem in our society.

The main thing I will say though is this: I fully agree that the majority of cops are good. The problem is, that those good cops and their departments do nothing to rid themselves of the bad ones and spend too much time attempting to fight and blame those who do. Look at the reactions by the unions in St. Louis and Cleveland when the various NFL players took protest actions, demanding apologies and calling them "inciteful". Look at the reactions in NYC, the unions are saying that Mayor De Blasio, President Obama, AG Eric Holder are all to blame. It's sickening. They show no remorse towards a person dying. No sympathy to the families of victims. They allow environments to exist where if a person does try to do something about bad cops, they are ostracized, called a rat, and either fired or forced to quit because of the abuse. They talk of the threats to officers safety yet offer no support to measures to help such as gun control. They actively fight against measures like cameras and civilian complaint boards. They have made getting a bad cop punished one of the hardest things in the world.

The first step that has to happen for anything to change is that the good cops need to come out and speak out against these incidents and be willing to make changes to the system. Until then, the bad cops will continue to rule the day.

Frankly I'm now done with this thread. I firmly believe that none of you on the other side of this arguement will ever be able gain perspective and show empathy towards what it is like for a person of color to interact with police. Because of that, any further discussion of this subject is pointless.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Added note: why isn't racism brought up in the NYC killings?
                          Police brutality is colour blind.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            SteveP has. With you it's the Garner thing. Sorry I don't think you victim blamed the Cleveland kid so I apologize for lumping you in with him for that.
                            Really *****hat? I'm trying to enjoy the joy of the Christmas season, but enough if enough.

This is the ONLY thing that I have written about the Cleveland incident. Nothing I wrote blamed the victim or exonerated the officer, so why don't you just shut the F up? And have a Merry Christmas, troll.

You've never been in a potential life or death situation, have you? Seconds could mean not going home at the end of your shift.

I'm not putting you in this boat, but Brad Thor hit the nail on the head:

Brad Thor (BradThor):
                            We should have the hashtag #armchairpatrolofficer for some of the astoundingly uninformed nonsense people Tweet about cops and police work.
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              That a black guy was out to kill non-blacks?!?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Because they're already blaming the mayor and President Obama instead?

Comment

Working...
                                X