Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The polls - scratching KRACH, PWC, CoP and robbery! ...---...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Polls, yes. Rankings, I have Trinity above them before this weekend.
    I'm purely talking rankings. I could give two poops about the polls this time of year.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: The polls - scratching KRACH, PWC, CoP and robbery! ...---...

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      I'm purely talking rankings. I could give two poops about the polls this time of year.
      +1

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Agreed.

Norwich might have just went from first to third with that loss.
        I think they would have been third before the loss. I think they'll stay at third
        http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

You heard it here first !!

1. Oswego
          2. Trinity
          3. Norwich
          4. Plattsburgh
          5. Amherst
          6. Boston
          7. Hobart
          8. Babson

Comment

Oswego Vs Trinity

SOS: Trinity 4, Oz 15. Winner Trinity
            Win %: Trinity 0.8864, Oz 0.8810. Winner Trinity
            H2H: N/A
            COP: Trinity 4-0, Oz 2-0-1. Winner Trinity
            RNK: Trinity 2-2, Oz 2-0. Winner Oz
            last 25%: Trinity 5-1, Oz 6-0. Winner Oz

Trinity wins it 3-2. I think Trinity will be First, Oz 2nd. Norwich 3rd
            http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

I haven't done the research, but does anyone have a take on what they think the West looks like?
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I haven't done the research, but does anyone have a take on what they think the West looks like?
                I guess something like this:

Adrian
                Point
                River Falls
                SNC
                Eau Claire
                St. Thomas

I think the 2 thru 5 teams are correct, but the order could be several different ways.

Wouldn't be surprised to see LFC in over St. Thomas, but also think the NCAA will have all three western conferences represented... (I'd prefer to see it be LFC)

Comment

The latest compooter rankings. A few makeups among the East bottom feeders need to happen. But Nichols??????
                  Code:
                  Current	Last Wk	Name	CONF	RPI	SoS
                   1 	 1 	Trinity	NS	 0.6115 	 0.5295 
                   2 	 2 	Oswego	SU	 0.5977 	 0.4886 
                   3 	 3 	Norwich	EE	 0.5860 	 0.4931 
                   4 	 6 	Hobart	EW	 0.5841 	 0.5258 
                   5 	 5 	Amherst	NS	 0.5819 	 0.5209 
                   6 	 4 	Wisconsin-Stevens Point	WI	 0.5805 	 0.5221 
                   7 	 7 	Wisconsin-River Falls	WI	 0.5798 	 0.5048 
                   8 	 9 	Massachusetts-Boston	EE	 0.5782 	 0.4731 
                   9 	 10 	Adrian	NC	 0.5743 	 0.4923 
                   10 	 8 	Plattsburgh	SU	 0.5705 	 0.5041 
                   11 	 12 	Wisconsin-Eau Claire	WI	 0.5696 	 0.5187 
                   12 	 15 	St. Norbert	NC	 0.5563 	 0.4904 
                   13 	 11 	St. Thomas	MI	 0.5521 	 0.5081 
                   14 	 16 	Babson	EE	 0.5493 	 0.4965 
                   15 	 19 	Nichols	NE	 0.5444 	 0.4554 
                   16 	 13 	Nazareth	EW	 0.5444 	 0.5653
                  Remember, rankings are ppd a day to allow for smokesnow removal.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    The latest compooter rankings. A few makeups among the East bottom feeders need to happen. But Nichols??????
                    Code:
                    Current	Last Wk	Name	CONF	RPI	SoS
                     1 	 1 	Trinity	NS	 0.6115 	 0.5295 
                     2 	 2 	Oswego	SU	 0.5977 	 0.4886 
                     3 	 3 	Norwich	EE	 0.5860 	 0.4931 
                     4 	 6 	Hobart	EW	 0.5841 	 0.5258 
                     5 	 5 	Amherst	NS	 0.5819 	 0.5209 
                     6 	 4 	Wisconsin-Stevens Point	WI	 0.5805 	 0.5221 
                     7 	 7 	Wisconsin-River Falls	WI	 0.5798 	 0.5048 
                     8 	 9 	Massachusetts-Boston	EE	 0.5782 	 0.4731 
                     9 	 10 	Adrian	NC	 0.5743 	 0.4923 
                     10 	 8 	Plattsburgh	SU	 0.5705 	 0.5041 
                     11 	 12 	Wisconsin-Eau Claire	WI	 0.5696 	 0.5187 
                     12 	 15 	St. Norbert	NC	 0.5563 	 0.4904 
                     13 	 11 	St. Thomas	MI	 0.5521 	 0.5081 
                     14 	 16 	Babson	EE	 0.5493 	 0.4965 
                     15 	 19 	Nichols	NE	 0.5444 	 0.4554 
                     16 	 13 	Nazareth	EW	 0.5444 	 0.5653
                    Remember, rankings are ppd a day to allow for smokesnow removal.
                    I just don't understand how the computer ranks Hobart 4th with six losses ! I mean I know the reason....but it still doesn't add up.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by snc11
                      I really think that the east and west need to meet more during the regular season. It is hard for me to accept that there are 5 east teams ahead of the top west team. I know it is hard on the budgets, but maybe schools can make those trips the first week of January every other year. It's like, in baseball, ranking all teams in MLB before inter-league play came to be.
                      I agree,not that I am big on ranking/polls,but would like to see more of the "top" teams meet during the regular season,but we all know $$$$$$$ talks.

Comment

Considering the fact Oswego rolls over the Eastern teams in the NCAA's only to end their season against a Western opponent in the final four I agree with you SNC11. No way any of the 5 are markedly better than Point, Adrian and Eau-Claire, probably even St. Norbert. I am not sold on Falls because of their recent history of failure at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          I just don't understand how the computer ranks Hobart 4th with six losses ! I mean I know the reason....but it still doesn't add up.
                          I'll put on my "Captain Obvious" cape here...

You "know the reason" because you understand computer rankings are based on pre-defined metrics and there is no gray area for subjectivity to influence the analysis. You think "it doesn't add up" because of your personal bias and/or the facts you look at to guide you. The reality is neither way to rank teams (the black/white computer analysis vs human opinion) is completely reliable...I'm guessing this is why they chose to have a set of pre-defined metrics used to guide a group of "experts" who then infuse a touch of human bias to create the "smoky room". I'm not saying the current system is perfect - I hate that they don't release final rankings or publicize the weighting for each criteria.

BTW- I agree Joe's "compooter" has Hobart ranked higher than they should be at this point.
                          Last edited by llama; 02-15-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdwatcher View Post
                            i just don't understand how the computer ranks hobart 4th with six losses ! I mean i know the reason....but it still doesn't add up.
                            Schedule strength married with W%. One means little without the other.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-15-2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              I agree,not that I am big on ranking/polls,but would like to see more of the "top" teams meet during the regular season,but we all know $$$$$$$ talks.
                              Is there any money involved in D-3 hockey? I haven't seen any evidence of that.

I would be more inclined to blame D-3's selection/ranking inequities on cronyism. I can't divine any other reason for them. It's not as though anybody has any significant bucks to gain from the sport.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-15-2015, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Is there any money involved in D-3 hockey? I haven't seen any evidence of that.

I would be more inclined to blame D-3's inequities on cronyism. I can't divine any other reason for it.
                                Whether you like it or not, most schools rank their athletic programs. The ones at the top get the most $$ support -- the others, not so much.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X