Ohio State @ Robert Morris 11/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ Robert Morris 11/28

The Buckeyes go on the road this Friday for a single contest against Robert Morris in Pittsburgh. RMU is 4-9-3 but records can be deceiving. The Buckeyes are coming off a two-point weekend in North Dakota which kept them tied for third in the WCHA with Minnesota-Duluth. The Bucks tied Friday's game and it went into OT. Neither team scored in the extra period and the game went into a shootout where Ohio State prevailed. North Dakota came from behind to win Saturday's game 4-3. Colonial fans, what are your thoughts on your season so far and what can we expect out of your team Friday?

Re: Ohio State @ Robert Morris 11/28

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    Colonial fans, what are your thoughts on your season so far and what can we expect out of your team Friday?
    Do the Colonials have fans who post on here? Maybe -- I'm just not remembering any.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Good point, ARM. Don't know the answer to that question! I don't recall any off the top of my head. RMU, IIRC, had a good team last season and actually made the NCAA Tournament. They beat us 2-1 last year in Columbus. OK, I stand corrected. It was the RMU men's hockey team that made an appearance in the NCAA Tournament last season after winning the Atlantic Hockey Tournament. They were then soundly beaten 7-3 by the Gophers. Anyway, Mrs 86 and I are making the trip to Pittsburgh Friday for the game. It's only a couple hours from where we will be for Thanksgiving weekend (NE Ohio) ... easily the shortest road trip we will ever have to see an OSU Women's Hockey away game! The closest WCHA roadie for us is a trip to Madison to watch our team take on the Badgers. The other six schools in the league are all in Minnesota and North Dakota. It's nice to see visiting fans at the OSU Ice Rink because I know what a long trip it must be. I guess the positive is it is probably not hard to find reasonable flights into Columbus. Mrs 86 and I don't have the coin to fly everywhere so we only go on trips we can drive. We're heading to Toronto next month for the CWHL All-Star Game. They're holding it at the ACC, so that will be fun. Thanks for stopping by, ARM! Gets lonely talking to myself on some of these threads (haha)!

Comment

Mrs 86 and I don't have the coin to fly everywhere so we only go on trips we can drive.
        I can relate to that. I envy those fans on the right coast that can drive to a dozen rinks or more. If I ever win the lottery I'll fly to a bunch of games … not likely without buying lottery tickets, I guess.

My perception from a distance of RMU is that it has been hurt by a double whammy of graduation and injuries.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Do the Colonials have fans who post on here? Maybe -- I'm just not remembering any.
          RoMo fans don't really have an online presence even for men's. I'm not sure why they have a decent fan base size for being a small school. They shocked me with their numbers at last years CHA semi-finals game against RIT.

Comment

Wasn't coach recognized not too long ago as USCHO CotY? They had good year with record # of wins for the program IIRC.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
              Wasn't coach recognized not too long ago as USCHO CotY? They had good year with record # of wins for the program IIRC.
              What happened to former CotY's goalie gone from the roster??

http://www.rmucolonials.com/roster.aspx?path=whockey

Comment

Originally posted by hammar22 View Post
                What happened to former CotY's goalie gone from the roster??

http://www.rmucolonials.com/roster.aspx?path=whockey
                Good question-she played both games at Mercyhurst

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
                  Good question-she played both games at Mercyhurst
                  Can they take back the CotY award?

Comment

The Buckeyes go on the road this Friday for a single contest against Robert Morris in Pittsburgh. RMU is 4-9-3 but records can be deceiving. The Buckeyes are coming off a two-point weekend in North Dakota which kept them tied for third in the WCHA with Minnesota-Duluth. The Bucks tied Friday's game and it went into OT. Neither team scored in the extra period and the game went into a shootout where Ohio State prevailed. North Dakota came from behind to win Saturday's game 4-3. Colonial fans, what are your thoughts on your season so far and what can we expect out of your team Friday?
                    Not a Robert Morris follower, but I did watch the two MU/RMU games online. Vint and Collias seemed dangerous at times. RMU only started with 15 or 16 skaters in those games, and lost one during the weekend to more injuries. Dodds, who had a great freshman season, seems to be shaking off the sophomore slump and getting back to last year's form. If they are healthy and Dodds plays well, they are a different and much better team than a month ago.

Comment

Not a Robert Morris follower, but I did watch the two MU/RMU games online. Vint and Collias seemed dangerous at times. RMU only started with 15 or 16 skaters in those games, and lost one during the weekend to more injuries. Dodds, who had a great freshman season, seems to be shaking off the sophomore slump and getting back to last year's form. If they are healthy and Dodds plays well, they are a different and much better team than a month ago.
                      I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. That looks like a pretty thorough beating. I watched about ten minutes online, OSU was all over them. I was at the OSU/Hurst game and thought after watching that game, RMU could be competitive...not.

Comment

I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. That looks like a pretty thorough beating. I watched about ten minutes online, OSU was all over them. I was at the OSU/Hurst game and thought after watching that game, RMU could be competitive...not.
                        Don't be so hard on yourself, there, Bc6696! We did not play particularly well vs Mercyhurst, so your prognosis was not unfounded. We looked pretty good last night. We were flying all over the ice, and not really knowing much about RMU, they did not look prepared for the Ohio State team they faced last night. I was happy for our kids, they really worked hard last night on the road, and they were rewarded for it with a nice win. Kayla Sullivan scored two goals for the Buckeyes. The others were scored by Sara Schmitt, Taylor Kuehl, and Melanie Moylan. Leah Carlson scored the lone goal for Robert Morris. It was a solid outing for Buckeye goaltender Stacy Danczak, who stopped 20 of the 21 shots she faced. Ohio State dominated the shots on goal, 42 to 21. It gets tougher for the Buckeyes next weekend when Minnesota-Duluth comes to Columbus for games on 12/5-12/6.

Comment

Working...
                        X