X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

We're killing our seed corn.

We had 416,800 KIA in World War II (1941 - 1945)
    116,516 in World War I
    36,516 in Korea
    58,209 in Vietnam
    per Wiki

In 2012 alone (most recent data from CDC that I can find) there were 699,202 legal abortions in the USA.

We're killing our future generations at rate that exceeds the butchery of war.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

116,516 in World War I
      36,516 in Korea
      58,209 in Vietnam
      per Wiki

In 2012 alone (most recent data from CDC that I can find) there were 699,202 legal abortions in the USA.

699,202 pregnancies terminated doesn't mean there will be 699,202 fewer members (or even approximately) of the next generation. That's not how this works. You realize that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

116,516 in World War I
        36,516 in Korea
        58,209 in Vietnam
        per Wiki

A lot of those were repeat abortions. It inflates the figures.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

116,516 in World War I
          36,516 in Korea
          58,209 in Vietnam
          per Wiki

Every sperm is sacred, therefore masturbation is murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
            699,202 pregnancies terminated doesn't mean there will be 699,202 fewer members (or even approximately) of the next generation. That's not how this works. You realize that, right?
            Explain it to me. Explain how we're murdering our future generations at a rate that the killing machines of state sponsored warfare cannot approach. Explain how we look at the number of war dead in horror, decry the wanton killing of innocent children, yet celebrate with glee the willful termination of a pregnancy. Yes, explain it to me.

I'm interested on reading on how almost 700K dead future humans in a year is not a tragedy but a statistic.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

yet celebrate with glee the willful termination of a pregnancy.

celebrate with glee? really?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

celebrate with glee? really?
                Forget it, he's rolling.

Comment

Gotta love the concern trolling mixed with factually incorrect statements.

Comment

Explain it to me. Explain how we're murdering our future generations at a rate that the killing machines of state sponsored warfare cannot approach. Explain how we look at the number of war dead in horror, decry the wanton killing of innocent children, yet celebrate with glee the willful termination of a pregnancy. Yes, explain it to me.

I'm interested on reading on how almost 700K dead future humans in a year is not a tragedy but a statistic.
                    Wouldn't the "desired" behavior for people who don't want to have children be either abstinence or successful use of birth control (this ignores abortions due to rape, incest etc)? Meaning that there would be ~700k less pregnancies and absolutely zero change to the birth rate. If people behaved as you wanted them to you would not see any of these "future humans" come to existence anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Gotta love the concern trolling mixed with factually incorrect statements.
                      Meh, we've got a dozen fat old men sagely explaining what women should do. This is like a bunch of creepy old imams sitting around debating whether ankles can be bare.

In the future, panels of women will debate and pass laws about what we can do with our dicks. LEO will be empowered to carry out spot checks and enforcement.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Meanwhile, can/will anyone defend/counter argue the numbers that I posted?

We removed in one year almost 700K future members of our society because they were inconvenient, unwanted or defective.

Please explain on how this is acceptable behaviour?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Meanwhile, can/will anyone defend/counter argue the numbers that I posted?

We removed in one year almost 700K future members of our society because they were inconvenient, unwanted or defective.

Please explain on how this is acceptable behaviour?
                          Maybe try reading the posts that responded to you...

Also let me guess, you're not a big fan of welfare recipients and other similar social programs
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-21-2016, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Maybe try reading the posts that responded to you...
                            You(pl.) didn't touch the numbers. Didn't even mention them.

Please address how we have killed more in the abortion rooms than our enemies have on the field of battle. I'd like to read a rational explanation how this became an accepted part of life (death?).

You'll probably shoot the messenger and ignore the message. You're(pl.) good at it.

Edit. - they're you(sing.) go again.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

As others have said masturbation, birth control, and contraceptives "murder" a lot more than 700,000 each year and I don't see you braying on about it.

This is acceptable because it is preferable to those children starving to death, being abandoned, or having a black market for people to get abortions illegally.
                              Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              Wouldn't the "desired" behavior for people who don't want to have children be either abstinence or successful use of birth control (this ignores abortions due to rape, incest etc)? Meaning that there would be ~700k less pregnancies and absolutely zero change to the birth rate. If people behaved as you wanted them to you would not see any of these "future humans" come to existence anyhow.
                              Also this was a perfectly reasonable response that you seemingly ignored...
                              Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-21-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

You(pl.) didn't touch the numbers. Didn't even mention them.

Please address how we have killed more in the abortion rooms than our enemies have on the field of battle. I'd like to read a rational explanation how this became an accepted part of life (death?).

You'll probably shoot the messenger and ignore the message. You're(pl.) good at it.

Edit. - they're you(sing.) go again.
                                What would an honest engagement with you on this subject net anyone? Your intent is clear and your motivating factor is known. You want abortions either severely limited or outright banned, and it's rooted in your Catholic upbringing. Where could the actual debate occur that wouldn't drag the participants (including you) into a mudslinging affair?

When picking battles, it's clear that this one isn't worth picking.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X