X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    LOL. You clearly never dated Catholic school girls growing up. Let's just say single sex schools had the opposite effect of what you're saying.
    No thit, Therlock. 11/12 years of Catholic eddication and HS was all boys.

But don't forget that back in the day there was the Ivy League and the Seven Sisters. And Clarkson was all men until the late 60's/early 70's (note that period was the most successful for our hockey team).
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Well maytee, the amazing thing in Africa is AIDs is much more prevalent, all the more reason to keep your tool in the drawer until you are ready to build permanently. I'm not sure if premarital sex is more prevalent in Africa or North America.
      The education is so poor and so focused on 'just no sex ever' that they don't even know how they can get aids or what a condom even is. Being in the same room or being breathed on by someone with aids? Well that seems like a reasonable way to get it.

They have so little education past wait till marriage that marriage itself is a pronounced risk of getting HIV for women. The husbands believing that cause they are married they don't need to ever wear a condom. Abstinence backfire!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
        They have so little education past wait till marriage that marriage itself is a pronounced risk of getting HIV for women. The husbands believing that cause they are married they don't need to ever wear a condom. Abstinence backfire!
        That is so ignorant. Everybody knows you need to rape a baby.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I believe Frank Zappa had a song about this... ;-)

I can also readily attest to the truth of unofan's comments. Every boy in my high school knew that to maximize ROI you went directly to the parochial school girls. All the constant drumbeat of protecting their precious did was tee them up for the first 3 wood to come along. Public high school Catholic girls, ironically, were a lock pickers' nightmare.
          Forgot this one - a Good Catholic Girl was told to bring three things on a date:
          (1) Newspaper
          (2) Hat pin / safety pin
          (3) Rosary

The newspaper was to put on the boy's lap if you had to sit on it. The pin was to protect yourself from the inevitable unwanted advances. The rosary was for when (1) and (2) failed.

And Good Catholic Girls never wore black patent leather shoes as Wicked Boys would be able to see the reflection of the GCG's unmentionables on the shoes.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Forgot this one - a Good Catholic Girl was told to bring three things on a date:
            (1) Newspaper
            (2) Hat pin / safety pin
            (3) Rosary

The newspaper was to put on the boy's lap if you had to sit on it. The pin was to protect yourself from the inevitable unwanted advances. The rosary was for when (1) and (2) failed.

And Good Catholic Girls never wore black patent leather shoes as Wicked Boys would be able to see the reflection of the GCG's unmentionables on the shoes.
            Don't forget, when dancing with a member of the opposite sex, leave enough room in between you for the Holy Spirit.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Don't forget, when dancing with a member of the opposite sex, leave enough room in between you for the Holy Spirit.
              And 48 kids in the classroom. All well behaved...
              Rising as one when Father walked into the classroom and reciting in unison "Good morning Father Boland." Then Father would talk to Sister in front of the class asking if we were learning and were obedient. Then he would give us his blessing (and we were on our knees) as he left the class.

Baltimore Catechism. Let me tell you God does exist and His personal representative was the Pastor of the parish!

In closing, go to your local library and read 3 books by John Powers
              The Last Catholic in America
              Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Upwards?
              The Unoriginal Sinner and Ice Cream God.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And 48 kids in the classroom. All well behaved...
                Rising as one when Father walked into the classroom and reciting in unison "Good morning Father Boland." Then Father would talk to Sister in front of the class asking if we were learning and were obedient. Then he would give us his blessing (and we were on our knees) as he left the class.

Baltimore Catechism. Let me tell you God does exist and His personal representative was the Pastor of the parish!

In closing, go to your local library and read 3 books by John Powers
                The Last Catholic in America
                Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Upwards?
                The Unoriginal Sinner and Ice Cream God.
                Our grade was basically the bad grade in our school. The nun principal even "hired" the grade above us to keep us in line on the playground. We got the yearbook to not get published for 2 years, due to "inappropriate comments written in the yearbooks" and such.

My brother was two years behind me. And their class was actually worse at times. He had a classmate (childhood friend of ours) get a nun to say, and I quote, "My dear, you are the reason for abortions." /truestory
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Different generations -- I'm 59, you're hopefully much younger Dad to Be.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Different generations -- I'm 59, you're hopefully much younger Dad to Be.
                    I'm about to go over the proverbial hill.

Comment

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

I'm about to go over the proverbial hill.
                      It's hills from here on out, trust me.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"Why are the best dates Catholic girls?"

"If they'll swallow that, they'll swallow anything."
                        Cornell University

Comment

Yes, we apparently do have one.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

@EWTN: Texas governor mandates burial or cremation of aborted fetuses: Austin, Texas, Jul 8, 2016 / 07:03 am (EWTN N... http://bit.ly/29BCOXe
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              @EWTN: Texas governor mandates burial or cremation of aborted fetuses: Austin, Texas, Jul 8, 2016 / 07:03 am (EWTN N... http://bit.ly/29BCOXe
                              Back when I still had cable, I always wondered who watched the Catholic channel. Now I know (and knowing is half the battle)...

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                Back when I still had cable, I always wondered who watched the Catholic channel. Now I know (and knowing is half the battle)...
                                When Mother Angelica ran the network, I did. Not anymore. The network is now in the USCCB pocket.

Citing a twitter feed does not equate viewership. Yeesh!
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X