This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Yesterday your concern was for the seed corn (which is a really creepy way to think of people on it's own), today it's for all corn?
    Metaphor

We're killing our future generations, either with the gun or medically. I don't like either one.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Metaphor

We're killing our future generations, either with the gun or medically. I don't like either one.
      We need to kill them the old fashion way, with wars and poverty.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Metaphor

And by that logic, masturbating is murder, and everyone who has hit puberty should be in prison for life.

Last I checked, over population is still a much bigger concern than under.

Comment

Metaphor

it would be nice if we could reduce the population on this planet a bit. I'll take lower birth rates, even if it means abortion, over an increasingly damaged planet and more human encroachment on the natural environment.

Nature begs us for more abortions.

Comment

Once we get FTL the crazies can have as many babies as they want. Until then, it's a lifeboat problem whether they want to admit it or not.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Metaphor

I have two women friends (that I know of) who had abortions in their teens. Both now have multiple kids who are being raised in a prosperous family environment. I'm confident that both their choices were a net win for the next generation.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                I have two women friends (that I know of) who had abortions in their teens. Both now have multiple kids who are being raised in a prosperous family environment. I'm confident that both their choices were a net win for the next generation.
                But how do you know those kids wouldn't have grown up to cure cancer!11!!1!???

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                  Basically every woman I grew up with had an abortion when they were young and stupid, and now has kids and a stable home. Those kids are happy. The people who want women to be punished for life for being young and stupid and having sex without protection are, to say the least, not really thinking through their morality.

To say the most, they have mistaken the map for the territory. The Magic Book is a code from 1500-4000 years ago about moral questions (as well as a lot of pseudo-scientific tripe that is long since expired). We know about cellular biology, now. Better to burn every scripture that ever existed than ruin one woman's life because of a f-cking stupid mythology.

We're the ones who are really pro-life.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Dude on facebook a couple weeks back tried to somehow equate people with pacemakers to unborn fetuses :facepalm:

Comment

• I've decided to stop engaging pro-life friends and family in debate, simply because their only solution to abortion is "slut should have kept her legs closed."
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        I've decided to stop engaging pro-life friends and family in debate, simply because their only solution to abortion is "slut should have kept her legs closed."
                        And their dick in their pants, too.

Frankly, the days of junior indiscriminately spreading his pollen without consequences are over. Women are waking up that "wham, bam, thank you ma'am is a form of rape.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

And their dick in their pants, too.
                          Bull shiat. If that were the case, the little blue pill would be subject to the same restrictions as abortion, rather than being advertised every 30 seconds during sporting events

If men could get pregnant, abortions would be done at every barbershop, tattoo parlor, and pharmacy in town while still being covered by insurance

The vast majority of anti-abortion activism comes from wanting to keep women in their place. If it was really about life, then those same activists wouldn't turn around and support policies that kill babies the second after they're born.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Bull shiat. If that were the case, the little blue pill would be subject to the same restrictions as abortion, rather than being advertised every 30 seconds during sporting events

If men could get pregnant, abortions would be done at every barbershop, tattoo parlor, and pharmacy in town while still being covered by insurance

The vast majority of anti-abortion activism comes from wanting to keep women in their place. If it was really about life, then those same activists wouldn't turn around and support policies that kill babies the second after they're born.
                            Can't figure out the thrust of your rejoinder. First impression is that you are saying that males are NOT responsible for pregnancies (wanted or unwanted).
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Women are waking up that "wham, bam, thank you ma'am is a form of rape.
                              What the hell are you talking about? Doesn't that depend solely on if the wham, bam was preceded by consent?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                                What the hell are you talking about? Doesn't that depend solely on if the wham, bam was preceded by consent?
                                He's not talking legal rape. He's confusing it with regret and getting overly dramatic about it.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X