• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I do believe TimothyA covered that:

It applies in all situations.
    That's awesome. Too bad abstinence only sex education is a BIG FAT FAILURE.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Big picture thought...Has anyone besides me ever considered that back in 1972 someone aborted a child who would have cured cancer or some other horrible disease as an adult? Has someone's selfishness denied the entire human race relief from a torturous thing? Very possibly yes.
      That thought is too high-minded.

I look at simple economics.
      There have been about 58.5 million abortions in the US since Roe v. Wade.
      That's 58.5 million folks* not contributing to Social Security.
      A society can't live off the next generation if it isn't there.
      Harsh? Cynical? Yeah. < shrug >

*Yes, I know, not all, etc.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        That's awesome. Too bad abstinence only sex education is a BIG FAT FAILURE.
        I was only referencing biologic facts. Nothing more.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          I was only referencing biologic facts. Nothing more.
          How about sex drive being a biologic fact? Or is that not biology now? I understand in today's world science is a bad word.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I do believe TimothyA covered that:

It applies in all situations.
            It's not realistic, your head is in the sand. Though living in ND would zap my sex drive, to be fair

Comment

Just realize only abstinence is 100% foolproof.
              Anne, Mary, et al. would like a word with you.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Random thought...
                Big picture thought...Has anyone besides me ever considered that back in 1972 someone aborted a child who would have cured cancer or some other horrible disease as an adult? Has someone's selfishness denied the entire human race relief from a torturous thing? Very possibly yes.
                Science doesn't really work like that. It's small incremental advancements built upon the work of countless others. If Jonas Salk hadn't been born, someone else with a similar background would have filled that research niche and discovered the vaccine for Polio.

If Newton hadn't been born, someone else would have developed modern calculus.

People aren't born to cure cancer or aids. They are trained to do so. They are building upon the work of their mentors.

Comment

What if Timothy A and Joe stopped whining about abortion? Maybe in their spare time they could've cured cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    That's not a medical reality at this point - especially first trimester.
                    In other words, it is a good solution in theory, just hard to apply right now.

I don't have the statistics handy, I think that 85% of people who consider themselves pro-choice are also opposed to partial-birth abortions.

In practice, one could at least craft a fairly broad compromise that says, if the infant can survive on its own outside the womb, then you can't kill it, even if you do remove it. I have no doubt that there are many organizations that would gladly accept responsibility to nourish and protect that life, through infancy into adulthood.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by unofun View Post
                      Sure thing. Where can you do that, again?
                      Ask Dr. Kermit Gosnell what happens when you do not do that....
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Ask Dr. Kermit Gosnell what happens when you do not do that....
                        And he went to prison for murder.
                        Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          What if Timothy A and Joe stopped whining about abortion? Maybe in their spare time they could've cured cancer!
                          what if they gave a **** about millions that are going to lose health insurance and the 10s of thousands of real people (not clumps of cells) that are going to die every year without proper healthcare?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            In other words, it is a good solution in theory, just hard to apply right now.

I don't have the statistics handy, I think that 85% of people who consider themselves pro-choice are also opposed to partial-birth abortions.

In practice, one could at least craft a fairly broad compromise that says, if the infant can survive on its own outside the womb, then you can't kill it, even if you do remove it. I have no doubt that there are many organizations that would gladly accept responsibility to nourish and protect that life, through infancy into adulthood.
                            The earlier you take a child from the mother's womb, the less developed the child is, obviously. Right now doctors are worried about brain development of children delivered prior to the 36th week, and really every week prior to the 38th or 39th, let alone the 13th week. Even if the rest of the body had already developed by then, we run the risk of so many adverse health conditions to these fetii that you're looking at decades or, more likely, centuries of medical advancements before what you're proposing could ever be feasible.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              what if they gave a **** about millions that are going to lose health insurance and the 10s of thousands of real people (not clumps of cells) that are going to die every year without proper healthcare?
                              Or black kids who are cannon fodder for cops.

But only fetuses matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Random thought...

Option 1....It's not all about "woman control", the guy can just as easily say no and keep his dick in his pants. (Though I do love the Offspring song Self Esteem....."it's kinda hard when she's ready to go!" LOL.)

Option 2....You don't need cheap birth control, you don't need any birth control at all. Don't have sex until you are married. Problem solved and it didn't cost a dime and there's no need for violence. You also virtually end STD's. Now 2 problems are solved at once. The country saves hundreds of millions of dollars by not having to deal with abortions and STD's. The money that is not spent could be funneled into something much more important like cancer research.

Option 3....if you are that absolutely stupid to have unprotected sex in this day and age, you reap what you sow. Come on. Do I want them handed out free at school, of course not. I want abstinence. But if you are heck bent on getting it on, buy some condoms you idiots. Just realize only abstinence is 100% foolproof.

That being said, abortion being legal doesn't bother me a ton, because it's easily preventable and the choice to have an abortion comes down to you and God, just like committing any sin comes down to you and God. Carrying a child for 9 months is a pretty short time period when compared to eternity in Hell, if you don't repent.

Random thought: You are horribly sexually repressed. Try doggy style, it'll open your eyes to a whole new world.

Big picture thought: Has anyone besides me ever considered that since 1981 there are millions of kids who grew up with a poor education simply because of where they lived that could've cured cancer? The millions of kids who died of hunger? How about the millions of homosexual kids who killed themselves rather than face a society hostile to them? How about the millions of kids killed in gun accidents because we don't have effective gun control laws? How about all the people killed in two unnecessary wars? All the people killed as a result of the drug wars? The people killed or doomed to extreme poverty because of our terrible foreign policy?

Here's a hint: Maybe stop concerning yourself with the unborn and actually start caring about the ones already born.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X