Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    I was taking one of the first offerings from my search, figuring that their costs were lower than ours. Still, it illustrated perfectly the cost to the system - $292,500 in hospital resources for the average premature baby.
    I don't think those numbers say that It says TOTAL for ALL infants, not average for each. Average daily cost for infants under 1000g was $115. Avg daily cost for my daughter was closer to $5,000.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    I don't think those numbers say that It says TOTAL for ALL infants, not average for each. Average daily cost for infants under 1000g was $115. Avg daily cost for my daughter was closer to $5,000.
    Yeah, you're right. Lousy job interfering with my USCHO time.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

The plural of anecdote is not data

A) Define on "its own". Does being hooked up to premature life support systems in incubation pods (don't know the specific words) count as living on its own?

B) Who pays for the enormous medical costs associated with these children when the mothers don't want them?
    Or the countless complications associated with premature birth...
    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Yeah, you're right. Lousy job interfering with my USCHO time.
    I hate when that happens.

I'd be interested to see if paying 50x as much gives us anywhere close to 50x better results.

Conservatives have a longstanding history of make 'em come out but eff them once they do.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Says the [non-existent person I made up to have a straw man with whom to argue so that I always win,] who has no interest in fixing these neighborhoods or enacting meaningful gun laws.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

You're proposing a huge burden on our Child Protective Services, or whatever each state calls their respective agency. These people are already overworked and underfunded for the tasks we've assigned them, but you want to add on the medical bills amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars per child in incubation. That's not realistic.
    It sounds like you are saying that our current method of Child Protective Services isn't working. Maybe we should move some of that burden away from the government over to charities that would be delighted to care for those children? Have Child Protective Services do triage, and the courts to make the decisions, and then use a process that actually would succeed in keeping those children safe?

There is a series of articles underway right now in The NY Post describing how many times NY City protective services have failed to rescue children from abusive environments, after multiple warnings, and then those children were killed. Some people might argue that those children would have been better off had they not been born; others might argue that they should have been removed from those abusive households far earlier; a few on the fringe even try to argue that women who abuse their children should be sterilized, an idea I find totally repulsive (yet it still needs to be rebutted).

How is partial-birth abortion anything other than child abuse?

"Some people see the world as it is, and ask 'why?'
    Other people dream of the world as it could be, and ask 'why not?'"
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

wubba lubba dub dub

That's one hell of a pivot.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Lucia Apologist

That's one hell of a pivot.
    That's not a pivot...
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshFish View Post
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Two videos - don't worry, neither of them show an abortion or the results of one.

https://youtu.be/qtgqxvaV-8U

https://youtu.be/ekgiScr364Y

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Two videos - don't worry, neither of them show an abortion or the results of one.

Consider the source. I also see videos under that account with very sensational titles, such as, "Planned Parenthood Aids Pimp's Underage Sex Ring"
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

You're in Flag territory on this, joe.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Veteran

While the videos are well produced, they are clearly propaganda and thus are unconvincing. I've always taken you as smarter than to buy into something like that.

Not to mention, if you are buying into the math of the first video, you are minimizing the importance of the wide range of other women's health care options provided, which, I would think, is insulting to most women.

Abortion at the top of the Federal agenda now that Republicans are back in power.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Never ceases to amaze. It's not what gets them elected but it's what they'll spend all their time on.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Abortion at the top of the Federal agenda now that Republicans are back in power.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Never ceases to amaze. It's not what gets them elected but it's what they'll spend all their time on.
    I disagree. We're it not for a clear stance on abortion they'd win far less often.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I disagree. We're it not for a clear stance on abortion they'd win far less often.
    It gets them their ~40% perhaps. The number one thing that gets the elected though is the stupidity of the liberal base.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Kichizapi Chetan

From the video's claims:

323,999 abortions is 3% of services.
    887 per day
    37 per hour
    1 per 97 seconds
    That tells me they are using a calendar year (365 days), not a "business" year (52 5-day weeks, 260 days) in their claims calculations. (323999/887 = ~365)
    Math says they're also using a 24 hour day, not a work day. (It is left to the reader ... )

OK, that means 1,0799,966 services (323999/0.03).

Using the 365 days, that's 29589 services per day.
    Wikipedia says they have "more than 700 centers in the US".
    Using 700, each center (on average) does 42 services per day.

My observation is that those had better be high dollar services because cause at just 42 services per day (administering a pregnancy or STD tests, those aren't "high dollar", profitable services) you're not going to keep the doors of a staffed clinic open very long.

If it were some other business like an oil change place (sorry, terrible, but I need some analogy) that's not a high dollar (profitable) service so that's why they are up-selling air filters and transmission flushes and tires to you all the time.

So what high profit service does Planned Parenthood offer that might be something they'd try to up-sell?
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-27-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Quote Originally Posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    Excuse me if I missed this, but how does banning abortion increase the number of abortions? Please provide a link to the facts and the studies that have been done to prove your point.
    I notice you disappeared after I proved you wrong.

Thread Information