Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Lucia Apologist

Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Random thought...

Option 1....It's not all about "woman control", the guy can just as easily say no and keep his dick in his pants. (Though I do love the Offspring song Self Esteem....."it's kinda hard when she's ready to go!" LOL.)

Option 2....You don't need cheap birth control, you don't need any birth control at all. Don't have sex until you are married. Problem solved and it didn't cost a dime and there's no need for violence. You also virtually end STD's. Now 2 problems are solved at once. The country saves hundreds of millions of dollars by not having to deal with abortions and STD's. The money that is not spent could be funneled into something much more important like cancer research.

Option 3....if you are that absolutely stupid to have unprotected sex in this day and age, you reap what you sow. Come on. Do I want them handed out free at school, of course not. I want abstinence. But if you are heck bent on getting it on, buy some condoms you idiots. Just realize only abstinence is 100% foolproof.

That being said, abortion being legal doesn't bother me a ton, because it's easily preventable and the choice to have an abortion comes down to you and God, just like committing any sin comes down to you and God. Carrying a child for 9 months is a pretty short time period when compared to eternity in Hell, if you don't repent.

Big picture thought...Has anyone besides me ever considered that back in 1972 someone aborted a child who would have cured cancer or some other horrible disease as an adult? Has someone's selfishness denied the entire human race relief from a torturous thing? Very possibly yes.
    God it must suck to be so sexually repressed.

Everything else in your post is such nonsensical and judgmental garbage it hardly merits a response beyond this sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Everything else in your post is such nonsensical and judgmental garbage it hardly merits a response beyond this sentence.
    It must suck to go thru life worrying about what women do...and who people choose to love. I grew up in catholic school, realized as an adult it wasn't for me and i wasn't gonna live my life screaming at people who live differently than me in terms of who they love or mate with

Random thought...

Option 1....It's not all about "woman control", the guy can just as easily say no and keep his dick in his pants.
    This is probably the one thing I somewhat agree with you on, BUT...few men, religious or not, actually do this. So, that does not properly address the issue.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

"Don't have sex!". Yeah dumbass, just telling people that is clearly going to solve the problem.

Option 2....You don't need cheap birth control, you don't need any birth control at all. Don't have sex until you are married. Problem solved and it didn't cost a dime and there's no need for violence. You also virtually end STD's. Now 2 problems are solved at once. The country saves hundreds of millions of dollars by not having to deal with abortions and STD's. The money that is not spent could be funneled into something much more important like cancer research.
    So wait - married women don't have abortions and/or use birth control? Married men don't masturbate? What would God say about a hysterectomy or vasectomy?

Generic Catchy Message

Not allowing birth control because no one should have sex before marriage is like not allowing locks on doors because you believe no one should break into people's houses, or not providing fire extinguishers because you believe someone shouldn't be doing things to start a fire in the first place.

not particularly bad

Random thought...

Option 2....You don't need cheap birth control, you don't need any birth control at all. Don't have sex until you are married.
    Ok, then can we call it something else? Like, take away your cramps and make it so you don't bleed for 3 weeks straight control? Sorry to gross the boys out, but I love my birth control. It's given me back a day every month that I would have stayed in bed.

Big picture thought...Has anyone besides me ever considered that back in 1972 someone aborted a child who would have cured cancer or some other horrible disease as an adult? Has someone's selfishness denied the entire human race relief from a torturous thing? Very possibly yes.
    Have you also considered that back in 1972 someone aborted a child that could have bombed a building, committed a mass murder, been the next Hitler? Has someone's personal decision about what was right for them and their family saved the entire human race from a torturous thing? Very possibly yes.

By your logic, God's got a lot to answer for. He's the biggest mass murderer of zygotes of all time, by a huge margin. What a monster to have snuffed out all that innocent potential.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    This is probably the one thing I somewhat agree with you on, BUT...few men, religious or not, actually do this. So, that does not properly address the issue.
    More to the point, the consequences are not equal. Men cannot get pregnant. And this ignores the fact that things like rape happen.

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    When you find the cure for people having sex outside of wanting to make a baby, call me. Meanwhile I have multiple friends who were on birth control and still got pregnant (and all had the babies for what it's worth)
    I do believe TimothyA covered that:

Just realize only abstinence is 100% foolproof
    It applies in all situations.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post

That's awesome. Too bad abstinence only sex education is a BIG FAT FAILURE.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Kichizapi Chetan

That thought is too high-minded.

I look at simple economics.
    There have been about 58.5 million abortions in the US since Roe v. Wade.
    That's 58.5 million folks* not contributing to Social Security.
    A society can't live off the next generation if it isn't there.
    Harsh? Cynical? Yeah. < shrug >

*Yes, I know, not all, etc.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That's awesome. Too bad abstinence only sex education is a BIG FAT FAILURE.
    I was only referencing biologic facts. Nothing more.

North Dakota Hockey:

I was only referencing biologic facts. Nothing more.
    How about sex drive being a biologic fact? Or is that not biology now? I understand in today's world science is a bad word.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

It's not realistic, your head is in the sand. Though living in ND would zap my sex drive, to be fair

Just realize only abstinence is 100% foolproof.
    Anne, Mary, et al. would like a word with you.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Internet Nutcase

Random thought...
    Science doesn't really work like that. It's small incremental advancements built upon the work of countless others. If Jonas Salk hadn't been born, someone else with a similar background would have filled that research niche and discovered the vaccine for Polio.

If Newton hadn't been born, someone else would have developed modern calculus.

People aren't born to cure cancer or aids. They are trained to do so. They are building upon the work of their mentors.

What if Timothy A and Joe stopped whining about abortion? Maybe in their spare time they could've cured cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    That's not a medical reality at this point - especially first trimester.
    In other words, it is a good solution in theory, just hard to apply right now.

I don't have the statistics handy, I think that 85% of people who consider themselves pro-choice are also opposed to partial-birth abortions.

In practice, one could at least craft a fairly broad compromise that says, if the infant can survive on its own outside the womb, then you can't kill it, even if you do remove it. I have no doubt that there are many organizations that would gladly accept responsibility to nourish and protect that life, through infancy into adulthood.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by unofun View Post
    Sure thing. Where can you do that, again?
    Ask Dr. Kermit Gosnell what happens when you do not do that....
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Thread Information