This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Ok, so this is a little confusing to me. Brent, when you say you are against birth control, are you just talking about stuff like Plan B or the pill? Or do you include IUD's, diaphragms, condoms, Nuva ring, etc...?
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

If a person cannot procreate as the result of a permanent medical condition he or she was born with, is it sinful for that person to have sex?

I guess that question is directed to Brent.
      Last edited by burd; 04-11-2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Huh.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            If a person cannot procreate as the result of a permanent medical condition he or she was born with, is it sinful for that person to have sex?

I guess that question is directed to Brent.
            No. No sin. But you must not use birth control and you must suffer whatever STD consequences may arise.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I see it! It's you! If one disagrees with you, they are wrong. Period, no questions asked. You are just as extreme as the people you make fun of. Accept that.
              yeah, but your position is so ridiculous

There are what, 7 billion people on earth? We should be handing out birth control like candy on Halloween if we give a **** about the earth and the future of humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                yeah, but your position is so ridiculous

There are what, 7 billion people on earth? We should be handing out birth control like candy on Halloween if we give a **** about the earth and the future of humanity.
                FTL. Up, up, and away. That will give us another few thousand years to fill up this galaxy. Maybe by then we'll have left the knuckledraggers behind in the cultural evolutionary dust.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Priorities.

Iowa lawmakers early Wednesday passed a bill that would outlaw most abortions after six weeks, a measure aimed at returning the legal fight over abortion to the Supreme Court.

Supporters and opponents of the Iowa measure say that if the governor signs the bill they expect it will swiftly trigger a court fight. State Senator Jake Chapman, a Republican who supported the legislation, described it as “the avenue to overturn Roe v. Wade.” Mr. Chapman added that “the Supreme Court is changing” and might have new justices by the time an appeal reached that level.
                  This is a ploy to keep control in November. And, I bet it works. Iowa Republicans will flock to the voting booth this fall now and support their Trumpian candidates.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    I wonder what happens to women like me who don’t want kids and my uterus sits here unused?
                    Your risk increases for certain types of cancer. Be aware; get checked. That's biology, not religion.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/women...nd-cancer.aspx
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Could you imagine the uproar if we started controlling dick pills like we do birth control?
                      Frankly, I believe we should.

We really don't know long-term health effects and I suspect a significant fraction of them are used more for "ego" reasons than "pathology" reasons. (Was that delicate enough? )
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        That comma is unnecessary.
                        < virtual high-five as "must spread rep" >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

No.
                          See Catechism 2374-2379 (specifically 2379).
                          I believe the Church's position to spouses might just be keep on trying.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Your risk increases for certain types of cancer. Be aware; get checked. That's biology, not religion.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/women...nd-cancer.aspx
                            Likely still more dangerous to have a child.
                            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              No.
                              See Catechism 2374-2379 (specifically 2379).
                              I believe the Church's position to spouses might just be keep on trying.
                              What does "unite themselves with the Lord's cross" mean.?

Comment

What does "unite themselves with the Lord's cross" mean.?
                                No wonder Jesus is always in such a good mood.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X