• Show
Clear All

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

This

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    A kid is never a punishment.
    Is not congruent with this

I'm of the crowd where if you have the sex, you know and take the risks.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
      If it's not a religious objection, why do you oppose birth control? Because it's very convenient for you to carry that position considering you, as a man, don't have to deal with the consequences. And no, having to pay child support 9 months down the line doesn't count, so don't even pull up that "men's rights" canard.
      Ding ding ding
      I always love when men insist about the consequences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        A kid is never a punishment.
        Then what's the point in being against birth control? What's it to you if people have sex without having kids?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          This is a drive by. I don't like either. If it (birth) happens, it happens. I'm of the crowd where if you have the sex, you know and take the risks. Yes, I have child at this point, a beautiful son. I don't like either option mentioned that has been morphed into easy peasy birth control. It's not a religious thing. You make that sort of decision (the sex) you deal with ALL the consequences.
          I’m not following the logic in why you don’t like birth control?

Comment

When in doubt, there's always The Loophole.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              "Satan's doorbell."
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                "Satan's doorbell."
                Now that’s funny right there.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  I’m not following the logic in why you don’t like birth control?
                  For me, and this will be really frank, traditional intercourse is for procreation (and yes, it's really fun; that's a nice bonus). If you've reached that level in your relationship to do that, a child could be part of that future, and that's something you have to think about.

And simply paying child support is not being a father. Sure, sometimes it's out of your control if the relationship fails (in my son's situation, it was out of my control). If that's the case, then one must decide what is best for the child, and go from there. Men should have some sort of say of their child's future, if a child is born. It IS their child, too.

These are only my views and values. I will not force my values onto someone else. I may disagree with others' values, but I will not condemn them, nor ridicule them. I will simply disagree.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And birth control?
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      And birth control?
                      I just explained that. Pay attention.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I just explained that. Pay attention.
                        If you did I missed it too. Please be a bit more explicit for us slowpokes.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's in the first part of my post about traditional intercourse. If you're going to do that, then all cards are on the table. That means no birth control, IMO. You love each other that much, and that's the step you are going to take in your relationship, then a child is a possibility. To create a life.

Comment

It's in the first part of my post about traditional intercourse. If you're going to do that, then all cards are on the table. That means no birth control, IMO. You love each other that much, and that's the step you are going to take in your relationship, then a child is a possibility. To create a life.
                            Waitwaitwaitwaitwait...

This is a drive by. I don't like either. If it (birth) happens, it happens. I'm of the crowd where if you have the sex, you know and take the risks. Yes, I have child at this point, a beautiful son. I don't like either option mentioned that has been morphed into easy peasy birth control. It's not a religious thing. You make that sort of decision (the sex) you deal with ALL the consequences.
                            HUH?
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Waitwaitwaitwaitwait...

HUH?
                              It's not. It's a personal belief. I abandoned organized religion in my teens. And basic science even says that traditional intercourse is for pro-creation, pleasure is a nice side-benefit.

Comment

Someone else take this one. Because I can’t even.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X