This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Yes, I do believe that. There is a point of critical mass, of stepping too far over the line, that will awaken the American public to actually start voting again. Once that happens, and the threat is relieved, they'll go back to docile complacency, but their message will still have been served. Those politicians will lose their reelection campaigns, and the GOP its majorities.
    You severely underestimate the impact abortion has in warping people’s voting habits, joe is a prime example.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      You severely underestimate the impact abortion has in warping people’s voting habits, joe is a prime example.
      No, I see it firsthand. My MIL has stated that she would be a Democrat if not for the party's stance on abortion. She's a Catholic first and foremost when it comes to politics.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        No, I see it firsthand. My MIL has stated that she would be a Democrat if not for the party's stance on abortion. She's a Catholic first and foremost when it comes to politics.
        The possibility of Christian Sharia is real.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          "...I die the king's faithful servant, but God's first."
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            "...I die the king's faithful servant, but God's first."
            Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
            John I
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Yes, I do believe that. There is a point of critical mass, of stepping too far over the line, that will awaken the American public to actually start voting again. Once that happens, and the threat is relieved, they'll go back to docile complacency, but their message will still have been served. Those politicians will lose their reelection campaigns, and the GOP its majorities.
              I do happen to agree with this, and I also think GOP'er campaign managers would like to see abortion law stay right where it is. You get to rail against it while at the same time know there's no expectation that you as a politician can do something about it. This has caused a perfect storm of laziness amongst lefty voters who continue to underestimate the craziness on the right, while right wing activist knuckledragger loons continue to bang their heads against the wall supporting GOP politicians who talk the talk but then go out and pay for their mistresses abortions themselves.

Overturn Roe v Wade and now its the Republicans who are on the spot. Do you really oppose abortion for rape victims, something you'd see out of the Taliban? Or do you feel women have a natural defense from getting pregnant in this situation? There's a lot of Todd Akin's out there but due to media cowardice and Dem incompetence they rarely get called on this. That would change without the SCOTUS ruling.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I think there’s truth to that, but as we get true ideologues and fewer politicians in office, that changes.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I think there’s truth to that, but as we get true ideologues and fewer politicians in office, that changes.
                  I’d wing nuts put you in office, wing nuts can also take you out!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Say the Supreme overturn Roe. (Of course to do so would mean a case gets to their bench that could impact Roe, but such details and trivialities ... )

It reverts back to "the several States", no?

What would be wrong with that?
                    What would be wrong with just leaving it alone?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      What would be wrong with just leaving it alone?
                      Nothing but that ship has left the dock and there's no way to get back.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Nothing but that ship has left the dock and there's no way to get back.
                        It also wouldn’t make the libs angry enough

Comment

Not sure anyone else has been reading Fivethirtyeight's series of articles on Catholic hospitals, but it's been enlightening. Due to mergers, Catholic health systems now account for 41% of hospital beds nationwide, and are the sole healthcare provider for many rural areas. Which means no birth control or abortions for those women.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Not sure anyone else has been reading Fivethirtyeight's series of articles on Catholic hospitals, but it's been enlightening. Due to mergers, Catholic health systems now account for 41% of hospital beds nationwide, and are the sole healthcare provider for many rural areas. Which means no birth control or abortions for those women.
                            Awesome. That's perfect. Utopia is on its way.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Private healthcare is so great!

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Private healthcare is so great!
                                It's Utopian. Like anything from an Ayn Rand book.

Comment

Working...
                                X